litoria gracilenta

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Alex5

Looking for red eyed tree frogs (litoria Chloris) or Dainty tree frogs

Hello all, i live in Sydney area and am looking for some red eyed tree frogs or dainty tree frogs to add to my collection. I am an experienced frog keeper and have a wide range of different frogs At the moment, any places anyone knows of that may have any for sale? Anyone know were i could get...
  2. Ryan-James

Herp pics frm SE Qld.

Hi all, Im new to the forum, here are some recent pics I have taken. Cheers
  3. D

HELP! My 10yo Dainty Tree Frog

Hi Guys, Had this little guy for 8 years, shes about 10 years old. Recently she has been staying the water alot, and not eating (ive tried hand feeding). Please help! today she was covered in this (what i think is either poo or blood) I will be taking her to a vet dont you worry, i just want to...
  4. D

Dainty Tree Frog HELP

Hi guys, I have had this little guy/girl for over 8 years, in the past 6 months ive noticed ...well im not sure what it is... on her/his right inner thigh, ive been checking her each day... some days it looks worse than others. She/he has been eating perfectly normally.. any ideas on what it...
  5. S

new here.. new to frogs.

style="width: 100%" |- | colspan="2" | |- | colspan="2" | hi guys, im new on the forum.. recently acquired 4 red eyed tree frogs and a dainty tree frog. the red eyes are from 2 different bloodlines and there is a proven breeding pair in there. anyways, i have had them in an exo terra tank...
  6. J

What frogs for my enclosure?

I have a cabinet (so three side sealed wood, 1 side glass door) that is 80cm x 45cm x 30cm (high, wide, deep). I would like to know what frog I can fit in this enclosure. I will be putting UV etc in so the only constraint is the size.
  7. Bananapeel

Tree frogs - which one?

Hey guys, So I'm keen to build a vivarium and hope to put some sort of frog in once I've finished. The tank itself will be either 60x45x60 or 45x45x60 (lxwxh) and have a false bottom but include a pond area with which I hope to have a gentle waterfall running into and will use all live plants...
  8. Sparky85

Recommend a pump?

Hey Guys I want to put a waterfall into my Southern Angle Headed Dragon enclosure. To achieve this, I want to pump water from a pond, up a height of around 400mm, so that it trickles back into the pond over a piece of cork bark. Im not really sure about the type of pump to use? Are all aquarium...
  9. Barrett

This years herping so far

I've done a little bit of herping this year, in a few different locations. Jellybean pool, Blue mountains Vermicella annulata Phyllurus platurus Diplodactylus vittatus Litoria phyllochroa Toadlet, not 100% sure which one. Scenery Tunnel Gully Reserve, Blue Mountains I found...
  10. Sean_Mooloolaba

Frog id please

Hello. I found these tadpoles in a small rockpool of a stream. The area is in Buderim, Sunshine Coast, Qld, wet sclerophyll/light rainforest. The eyelids are bright orange with a black stripe running from the nostril through the eye to the shoulder. there is a prominent white strip under this...
  11. Robynne

Frog ID ?

Hey I have some frogs that were in my pool. I think the first one is a green thigh frog or something like that, and the third one is a dainty., Im just going off some pictures I found, so could be wrong. Anybody know for sure ?
  12. Fang101

Herping Pictures

Here some reptile and other animal photos I've taken from around central QLD recently, Frogs... New Holland frogs Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana...
  13. Monzy

Wanted! Dainty Green Tree Frog male

I am trying to source a Dainty male (Litoria gracilenta) to pair up with the female I currently have. Please contact me via private email. :D
  14. jordo

Lets play a game

I recently returned from what can only be described as an epic herping trip around Qld and we found quiet a few animals that aren't so commonly encountered so what better way to test your ID skills. If you want to take a guess at the animals please justify why you ID'd it as you did (I'm...
  15. Jk888

Red Eyed Green Tree Frogs / Dainty Tree Frogs

WTB Preferably in SA 2-4 Red Eyed Green Tree Frogs 2-3 Dainty Tree Frogs Will Pay good money for the right animals Pm me or email me at [email protected]
  16. D

What's the best way to 'build up a enclosure"

Hey all, I have had this question on my mind for ages, I keep frogs and i always want to fill the bottom of the enclosure with water to make it look really natural, but I found that it is a huge pain to build up the rest of the substrate to place plants etc so they are not sitting in the water...
  17. emmadiamond

Found a green tree frog

I work in a pet shop on the northern beaches in sydney and a guy just brought in a green tree frog that he found in his bananas. I'm guessing they came from QLD. Question is, who do I call? Will Sydney Wildlife look after it? Or will it get killed? ):
  18. T

Tapole and Frog ID

Hi! Im new to this, Just wanting some sort of idea what kind of tadpoles i have found, one has just morphed into a frog! :) They are from the northside of brisbane!
  19. MathewB

Help with a stowaway

When we got our new boat and my Dad found this little frog, I've ID him as a Southern Orange-Eyed Tree Frog. He definitely, 100000% did NOT come from our house/area. The only frogs here are tiny little things (sedge frog or something), the boat came from a Marina. But this is a new boat and...
  20. Spider178

Graceful Tree Frog?????

My wife heard a strange noise last night and went out in the rain to discover this. We have done a bit of research and think it is a Graceful Tree Frog, only about 2-3 cms long.
  21. feathergrass

animals in our yard

these lil critters are what we have been finding in our yard
  22. Icarus

litoria frogs

Hi, i'm looking to buy my first frog! i live in the newcastle/lake macquarie area, and i'm wondering if anyone knows someone who sells any of the following near there- Litoria chloris (Red-Eyed Tree Frog) Litoria citropa (Blue Mountains Tree Frog) Litoria gracilenta (Dainty Tree Frog) Litoria...
  23. gorf girl

Dainty Tree Frogs

Scientific Name Litoria gracilenta Common Name Dainty Tree Frog Age 4 months Size juvenilles Quantity Available 15 Bred By Me General Description Still in the yellow stage but will green up. Very active and feeding well on crickets. Location Sylvania Willing to Freight...
  24. M

WTB: Litoria fallax

Been trying to buy Litoria gracilenta for ages but they are so hard to come across so was wondering if anyone knew where I may be able to get hold of a few Litoria fallax? Any help will be greatly appreciated
  25. M

Litoria gracilenta (Dainty Green Tree Frog)

Can anyone please tell me where I might be able to find some Litoria gracilenta to purchase? They are unbelievably difficult to get hold of :( Any help would be greatly appreciated
  26. M

Dainty Green tree frog (Litoria gracilenta)

Does anyone know where I may be able to find a few Litoria gracilenta? They are unbelievably hard to come across and I've had no success trying to find a breeder of them. Only after 2 or 3 of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  27. G

dainty tree frog

hey guys just wondering who sells dainty tree frogs as im getting my frog license and would like to buy some... cheers
  28. jaclyndaniel

Green Tree Frogs with.....?

Hey I have a green tree frog at the moment and im wondering what can be put in with it? I know they have to be roughly the same size, but as i havent had others I dont know how big they get.... Im looking at Red Eyes Tree Frogs, Dainty Tree Frog and White Lipped. What combinations can be put...
  29. MadMyke

Is this a decent price for a terranium?

Hi guys, I'm about to buy my first terranium (and going to put Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria chloris · and Dainty Tree Frog Litoria gracilenta in it). The tank I've found at my local pet store is 54cm deep x 140cm wide x 61cm high. It's a brand name call 'Atasuki' which I researched...
  30. D

OMG Surprise Frog!!

Hi All, My names Amanda. I got a nice surprise last night, when i was ripping up my spinach for dinner. This little green lovely jumped out of there very slowly. I bought that spinach last Wednesday!! He's been in my fridge for a little over a week!! OMG. I have popped him into a small fish...
  31. Wildcall

Frog ID

Hi Guys Just took a photo of a Frog but have no idea what type!!! The Colour just blew my mind though!! I Live at the Sunshine Coast QLD... any ideas???
  32. reptiledude1

best reptile photo

hi all post up your best reptile photos you have every took ill start with mine.:)
  33. StephenZozaya

Wet Tropics and Townsville Area Herps

I recently joined Gus up north to the Tully area to assist him with his masters project, which involves tracking the endangered rainforest frog Litoria rheocola. His site was near Mena Creek in a patch of secondary rainforest. I first spent time at the site in August 2008 while assisting another...
  34. gus11

an interesting find

so just before i left for a field trip i was shown this water python to see if it was gravid or not. it wasnt but was a nice animal on my way home i found this unfortunate little lesser black whip which although looking alive, is dead. i've never really taken posed photos of dead things...
  35. Kitah

Rain + weird noises = house guest

I was sitting on my bed, minding my own business reading a book on my laptop, and heard some really strange noises from my window, as if something was climbing up the wire (Theres mesh/wire up there to keep my cats in.. pitty it doesn't keep the mozzies out...) I pulled the blind forward and had...
  36. moloch05

Tropical Queensland, the Iron Range

I was very fortunate on this trip to travel with two enthusiastic young herpers that I met on one of the Aussie herp forums. Gus helped me tremendously in the Townsville and Mackay areas and showed me several of the range restricted Leaf-tailed Geckos (Phyllurus). Gus had searched the...
  37. froggyboy86

Recent Herps

Hey guys, Just thought I would post some pics of some recent herps I have seen over the past month from around New South Wales. Thick Tailed Gecko (Nephrurus milli) near Sydney South-eastern Morethia Skink (Morethia boulengeri) near Narrandera Southern Bell Frog (Litoria raniformis)...
  38. Dr_Greenthumb

Frog ID

My Friend found this frog in his caravan after his trip to Cairns and back He made quite a few stops so locality unknown B4 u say any thing the local frog rescue group has been contacted and they are picking it up in a couple of days
  39. Adictv

Dainty tree frogs

Scientific Name Common Name Dainty tree frogs Age 1 1/2 Sex unknown Length Quantity Available 3 Bred By General Description great little frogs all healthy feeding on med crickets. sex is unknown but i do no there is atleast 1 male as he croaks throught the night lol :) will not...
  40. Bec137

Can anyone identify this frog for me?

My fiance works in a fruit and veg shop, and this little fella was found in a box of bananas bought from Queensland. Can anyone tell me what kind of frog it is and any care information? None of the care sheets I have been able to find suit this one, all are for the big fat green tree frogs...
  41. F

Wanted to Buy - Frogs

Is anyone selling or know of anyone who is selling Dainty Tree Frogs (Litoria Gracilenta) I am in Adelaide. Thanks
  42. F

Hypsilurus spinipes spotting...

Hello, My Name is Felix. Im a semi-experienced aquarist wanting to look into herptology:D I'm intent on Hypsilurus spinipes as a first lizard, but first would like to observe them in wild. Going to lamington national park this weekend, any spotting tips? Thanks!
  43. mattdadrma

Sick dainty tree frog (Litoria gracilenta)

Hi, About a year ago we were given a dainty tree frog (Litoria gracilenta) to care for, since he'd come down in a banana box from northern Australia. Apart from the lack of interest in food at the start hes been fine for a while now. We found him the other day in the bottom of his tank and he...
  44. Sel

Can i let a frog go?

A friend found a dainty tree frog in a fruit box at work and gave him to me.. now i dont know what to do with it. Just wondering if he can be let go outside? I dont want him to die, but i dont want to keep him. Id be happy to take him to the reptile park, if they were interested in having...
  45. Polgara

Dainty Tree Frogs

My frogs are about 12 months old (i.e since breathing air) they are Dainty Tree Frogs but still all bright yellow, will they turn green? I kinda like them yellow but a green one would be nice too!!
  46. lemonz

daintys

seen in a few people signatures, what are they?
  47. darth72au

what frog should i get ???

Im wanting to get some frogs but dont know which breed to get. the tank is small ( about 11 gallon but not that high 'bout 35 centimetres) so i dont think it is suitible for tree frogs. the vivarium is going to be my old gecko tank. so the breed cant be fully aquatic.
  48. Fuscus

Frog ID Please

Not really sure of this guys species?
  49. hozy6

wat type of frog is this ??

this is probably really easy but i know nothing about frogs i found this little guy at my uncles farm there is a hell of alot of them up there oh and i threw in a pic of a beach a took
  50. smacdonald

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions Here are some random pics of reptiles from mountains in south-east Queensland. No narrative, just pics. Lamington Plateau: Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) hiding under a rock. Eastern water skink (Eulamprus quoyii)...
Back