strophurus elderi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Virides

Name Plates by Virides Reptile

Get the museum look at home! We now have a wide range of popular species including snakes, lizards, turtles, amphibians and crocodilians! Over 120 in fact. We also now have over 40 popular species of invertebrates! The Name Plate is customised with your pet's name, the species' common...
  2. W

Jewelled Geckos (Strophurus elderi)

Total of 9 animals available from last year's breeding season. Will do my best to sex but not 100% as yet. Priced at $500 and will fright at buyer's expense. Priced at $500 ea. I can also be contacted on 0497657358 or [email protected]
  3. W

Jewelled Geckos (Strophurus elderi)

Scientific Name Strophurus elderi Common Name Jewelled Gecko Age 5 months Size 4cm Quantity Available 4 Bred By me General Description Very rare in captivity; these juveniles are feeding well and growing quickly. Group sale preferred; pdf of article on keeping this species can...
  4. Trogdor

Post your gecko set ups!

Hey guys and girls, Looking at getting a gecko(levis levis) or two soon, I need some inspiration for the set up as i want everything ready before I even think about purchasing them. So please post some set ups and show off your lil guys, All set ups are welcome of course, and any tips and tricks...
  5. richoman_3

Herp Trip to South Australia

Well last Tuesday night after watching some epic cricket, matthew (pythonwner or some boring name like that on here) got ready to get up at 4am to get a flight to Adelaide. Arriving at Adelaide we met up with JP from QLD and waited for shawn (rocket) to pick us up. We went to his house and saw...
  6. Rocket

Some Gekkota

Here are some random photos of some of the lizards (Gekkota) in my collection. They are pretty bad photos... Carphodactylus laevis - chameleon gecko. This male was sleeping under a hide - yes, I am a terrible person for waking him up. Delma tincta - excitable delma. Lialis...
  7. Chicken

Recent Herping (Spring 2013)

Heres just some pictures from around Melbourne and Vic, and some from a trip up to Western NSW. A few skinks - Ctenotus robustus by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Cunningham's skink (Egernia cunninghami) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Glossy grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by James...
  8. D

Southern Australia Herping

So, I just did a small trip to SA, I don't like using names, so I'll reintroduce you to the Driver and the Twin. Who were first seen here. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/herping-2012-a-199803/ The Driver and I landed in Adelaide late Thursday afternoon...
  9. PythonOwner25

SA weekend

Herping weekend SA Hi all, was bored on Friday night on facebook, talking to a few mates, and a herping trip was mentioned. Next minute I was booking an early morning flight from Melbourne to Adelaide for the next day (27th July) and a return flight the following night (28th). It was the best...
  10. GeckPhotographer

A South Aussie Weekend.

With the Uni holidays winding up, and my need to find herps still far from itched, I decided on spending a week in beautiful, sunny, warm South Australia. I flew over on a tuesday and spent the week catching up with the numerous (almost too many) family members I have in Adelaide. After...
  11. Rocket

Some SA herping...

Just thought I'd show off some of the photos i've taken of local, SA herps over the past ten or so years. I am not a photographer - don't expect perfect photos. This is by far, not everything I have seen but these show some of the animals where I managed to have a camera (not a great one I might...
  12. Nephrurus

Seldom seen: A few herps from the Goldfields and Northern Wheatbelt.

Hi all, Haven't posted for a fair while! May as well do another quick one then go quiet for a few months! I drove out east for a few days to visit a mate who was staying in the Northern Wheatbelt. It was also a chance for me to have another crack at Pseudechis butleri (needless to...
  13. W

Jewelled Geckos (Strophurus elderi) captive bred juveniles

Scientific Name Strophurus elderi Common Name Jewelled Gecko Age juveniles (this season) Size small! Quantity Available 5 Bred By me General Description Long term project & I have never been in a position to sell any of these before, so looking for offers. Location Vic metro...
  14. eipper

ok lets see how we go with this one...

ok so lets see how we go with this one. I already know what it is but this group can be troublesome especially without locations...so its from Australia. What is it and more importantly why???? ok now secondly, there are a few on this site (that don't need to be named) that are more than...
  15. Jk888

Jewelled Gecko (Strophurus elderi)

title says it all just wondering if anyone owns are has photos of them Jewelled Gecko (Strophurus elderi)
  16. geckoman1985

Reptile drawings byy geckoman1985

Reptile drawings by geckoman1985 hi guys i been doing some pencil drawing of some reptile and thought id show them to you. the drawing were all done free hand and were done on black paper using derwent pencils and prismacolor pencils.sorry for the bad image but thay were taken on i pad wil try...
  17. moloch05

Wild Queensland -- Nov 2011

I had to use lots of accumulated leave this year and I never like to waste it at home. So, after returning from Italy, I set off on a photography trip with a friend (Ted) and his son (Andrew) from Arizona. Ted and I explored the deserts in California and Mexico 40 years ago when we were in...
  18. zack13

Geckos

I have done lots of searching but haven't been able to find much out about these geckos:Northern Dtella, Golden Spiny Tailed, and Jewelled Gecko. Are these kept much in captivity? Also if anyone knew a rough price for them and wanted to tell me I would appreciate it.
  19. D

DECCW - reptile ballot

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as: 1x Ocellate Ridge-Tailed Monitor (Varanus Acanthurus) – collection from...
  20. P

The 2010 Australian Herpetological Symposium, Cairns, Oct 1, 2, & 3

Hello APS members, some news about this forthcoming big event in Far North Queensland! Scales & Tails Australia is proud to announce that it is now a sponsor for this event, more details of which will be in the September edition of the magazine, and will be in the post from mid next week...
  21. Costa

Geckos!!!

ive been thinking about my next move in owning reptiles. and have decided to get a couple or a few geckos. (must be on a basic license) but the only decision im yet to make is which species. pics and advice is appreciated. after ive decided which species i want. ill do all my research and what...
  22. JasonL

Various Pics from that last download - 2.

Here are a couple of interesting pics staight off the camera... First up are some Beardies hatching.... the tub wasn't moved or opened during the incubation process and look how they have hatches... small amounts of heat and / or moisture levels can have remarkable effects on eggs eh...
  23. fritzi2009

What animals DON'T people like?

I dunno if anyone's posted something like this before, they probably have but I don't care :) I want to know what animals you people do not like :D For whatever reason ! I don't like bees( they are my number one phobia), wasps, flys..... basically anything that flies and has no problem...
  24. gecko-mad

how much and who?

hey guys i was wondering how much these geckos fetch for and if anybody breeds em? Diplodactylus byrnei - Gibber Gecko Diplodactylus conspicillatus - Fat-tailed Gecko Diplodactylus damaeus - Beaded Gecko Diplodactylus tessellatus - Tessellated Gecko Diplodactylus granariensis - Western Stone...
  25. Fuscus

gecko ID

Fairly certain this is a near-hatching, there was two under a rock, TL only about 2-3 cm. Photo from SW QLD
  26. dickyknee

My New Jewelled Gecko .

Just thought I'd post a pic of my new Jewelled gecko . Keep in mind It is a little different to your usual Jewelled gecko though . ;)
  27. abbott75

DECC minimum enclosure size discussion.

Side thread to the Womas on Class 1 thread. There is talk of DECC enforcing minimum enclosure sizes, which are likely a lot larger than we currently keep our animals in. Opinions anyone?
  28. dickyknee

Womas class 1

Any one seen the new species list ??? http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resources/nature/CurrentSpeciesList.pdf
  29. M

Jewelled Geckos - Free!!

Just saw a notice from DECC on Petlink, they have a ballot going with 3 Jewelled Geckos up for grabs, as well as a Diamond, a Delma inornata and a couple of other things. ;)
  30. TWENTY B

new arrivals. Md's & gecko's

just picked up my new trio of s.williamsi and now i'm waiting with my g/f for her Md's to land. Thanks to geckodan and spoonman. Pics up later tonight.
  31. moloch05

Windorah, Queensland 1 -- Red dunes

My son, Nicholas, and I have just returned from a quick trip out to Windorah, Queenlsand. Windorah is an isolated town in the channel country of the far southwestern corner of Queensland. This area is a long drive from Wollongong so we spent many hours in the car and traveled a little over...
  32. Rocket

Recently met up with........

Well I recently met up with Dr. Mark Hutchinson, a herpetologist that works in the science area of the SA Museum. He took me through some of the specimen collections but I was obviously more interested in the reptiles. Here's a few photos I took and these have been posted with full...
  33. moloch05

geckos from the channel country, QLD

The dry habitats of southwestern Queensland are good for a variety of gecko species. We saw several species of these lizards on all of our night drives in November 2006 and October 2007. Fat-tailed Gecko (Diplodactylus conspicillatus This was my first Fat-tailed Gecko from eastern...
  34. cosmotiger1

jeweled gecko

hi guys, can anyone tell meif these guys are aroung? jeweled gecko~Strophurus Elderi
  35. viridis

Animals wanted

If anyone can help me out with any of the following it would be greatly appreciated. Strophurus elderi Egernia depressa Varanus glebopalma Varanus glauerti Varanus pilbarensis Varanus scalaris ( only banded northern wa or yellow and black North qld rainforest colour forms)I am willing to pay...
  36. PremierPythons

Reptiles Most Wanted List

Hello Everyone, I've finally got myself the financial backing i've needed to start a great many breeding projects. I know this question has been asked in the Reptiles Australia Readers Poll a few issues back, but what would be your most desirable reptile to own? Although I will qualify my...
  37. S

Strophurus elderi ?

Hi Does any one else keep S.elderi ? My concern is a too shallow gene pool in the next couple of years, just thinking about the future. Cheers
  38. darkangel

jewelled geckos

i was just wondering what these guys are worth?
  39. OzRocks

herping trip in the Mallee

G'day guys, Im planning a trip to the Mallee in about 8 weeks for about a week, and I want to make it a reall herping trip. I have a fair good idea where i wanna go, like the big desert, but I'm not to familiar with the region. I was wanting to know if anyone knew any good spots around...
  40. pugsly

Strophurus Elderi

Are any of these in Captivity?? If so, love to see some photos.
  41. Rocket

What Gecko would you choose?

I know this thread is useless but im bored and it would be interesting to see what Geckos people would love to have that are not yet in captivity. I have listed several geckos that are not yet kept in captivity. Only choose one and then we can see what all the different Gecko lovers would...
  42. marty

jewelled gecko

anyone keep and breed these?
Back