tiliqua rugosa rugosa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Sex of my Shingleback lizard (Tiliqua rugosa)

Hello everyone, Does anyone knows my shinglebacks' sex? I'm not too confident they looks a pair so I need some opinions. Thanks you for your reading.
  2. B

sex of my bobtails/shinglebacks?

Just picked up another pair of Bobtails/Shinglebacks after my last one went missing (don't worry i havn't given up hope im still looking for him) Just need some help sexing my the newbies, my guess is that the one in the first pic is male and second pic is female? hopefully the pics come...
  3. Nero Egernia

Show us your Bobtails (Tiliqua rugosa)!

The title says it all. Show us your Bobtails or Shinglebacks or Sleepy/Lazy/Pine-cone Lizards (phew, this lizard has quite a few names)! I actually know some people who call them goana. But more specifically, the scientific name, Tiliqua rugosa. A few people I know think they're ugly, but these...
  4. D

ID please

After an ID on this little guy please (we can't agree! Tiliqua rugosa rugosa?) , found him on our doorstep after a run in with a cat. Going to take him to the vet in the morning to be checked over. Thanks
  5. S

Shingleback Skink. Fighting Vs Mating

Hey folks, I have an unsexed adult Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa rugosa). I've recently discovered that it has bite marks from my known male on it's head, tail and on the midline of the back near it's front legs (close on it's shoulders). I have observed the known male mating before, and he is...
  6. lizardjasper

shingleback lizard species

Wondering what the different shingleback species are? I recently saw a desert shingleback for sale and wondered what the difference is between desert or normal lizards? Any pictures of your shinglebacks and what type they are would be a help too. You know, visual aid!:)
  7. S

Wanna take a stab at sexing my western shinglebacks??

Hey guys, I recently picked up two two year old T.r. rugosa's. I'm hoping they are male and female. I know it's probably going to be an educated guess based on appearance, but does anyone wanna tell me what sex they think my guys are? Both of their tales are quite different from one another...
  8. S

shingleback boffins

Hey folks, I've just come from looking at a pair of Western Australian Shingle Backs that are for sale. One had the orange colourings associated with the Goldfields type, while the other was more black and creamy white. After seeing this, I realised I have no idea if the Gold Fields form just...
  9. jesstesla

Wanted: Goldfields Shingleback - female

Hi, I'm looking for a female WA Shingleback to keep my lonely male Goldfields company. Will also consider a pair if you have some and don't want them separated. Price is definitely flexible,
  10. Metalbeard

Clever/Amusing Names :D

Just wondering if any one names thier pets with Clever or Funny names? I named my Orange phase Beardie Plumpkin, because hes a Fatty and orange. My Jungle Carpet Tarzan, cause Jungle you get it ? lol. Striped Carpet is Zeelo, cause Striped like a Zebra and the 'lo' comes from cleopatra...
  11. mblissett

My lovely new boy!!

This is my lovely new boy I purchased today. I have named him Monster :-) He is so gorgeous - don't you think???? And Gaga (the dark one) loves him..... They were curled up asleep together today
  12. A

Recent Perth, WA herps

Nathan Waugh and I have spent a few days in the last couple of weeks herping around Perth. The weather is just starting to get warm again, so the herps are getting active. The following pics are from the nearby Darling Ranges, coastal lakes and coastal dunes. Unfortunately I can't figure out how...
  13. Brown_Hair

Albino Shingleback

Anyone know of a breeding program undergoing for these? I no that they have very few live bearing offspring and it would take a while to get these on the market, however was just wondering, as they are absolute stunners! And shurely someone would be pursuing this for the obvious profit...
  14. WELOVEREPTILES

Will stumpys breed with another one from a different location

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if a stumpy from one location will breed with a stumpy from another location and also how to breed them i want to know if i have to separate them from my blue tongue and cunningham skinks Thanks
  15. shax

Tiger eating shingleback in wild

A work colleague took these snaps on a bush track near Moore River WA the other day
  16. Magpie

Tiliqua rugosa rugosa

Does anyone here have or know of breeders of shinglebacks from the perth region? I'm not buying right now, but am interested for future knowledge whether they are available round here.
Back