litoria dentata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

What Australian snakes might eat insects?

I'm interested in any species of Australian snake that may feed on invertebrates, it is for a small art project! :D Preferably if it is fairly common within that species... but species that may do so on occasion are fine! Thanks in advance!
  2. richoman_3

Summer VIC herping finds

Couple quick trips, not really too much here... enjoy.. if you want more info on anything let me know. Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) head detail by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Tessellated gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes...
  3. PythonOwner25

Hunter Valley Sep 2013 "PIC HEAVY"

Hey all. I flew up to NSW last week for some herping around the Hunter Valley with a few mates. After getting off the plane, we went for a poke around some spots in Newcastle. First finds were a young Marsh Snake and She-oak Skink. Marsh Snake (Hemiaspis signata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife...
  4. Sean_Mooloolaba

Frog id please

Hello. I found these tadpoles in a small rockpool of a stream. The area is in Buderim, Sunshine Coast, Qld, wet sclerophyll/light rainforest. The eyelids are bright orange with a black stripe running from the nostril through the eye to the shoulder. there is a prominent white strip under this...
  5. NickGeee

Frog ID

Sister found this while we were camping pambula beach, NSW bad pic sorry :P
  6. GeckPhotographer

Herping SA: Pernatty and the Peninsula

So a couple of weeks back, I was sitting around bored. I don't like sitting around bored. Fortunately for me one of my friends wasn't sitting around bored, he was hatching plans to go herping in SA. Booking my ticket a couple days in advance I flew to South Australia ready to see some geckos...
  7. Barrett

Frog ID's

Hi guys and gals, I am currently holidaying in Pottsville, NSW (part of the northern rivers and half an hour below Tweed City) I am trying to figure out if both these frogs are Rocket frogs, or if the larger one is a Freycinet frog or something else. Also, I am having trouble ID'ing this...
  8. Tehmwak

The wildlife in and two steps out of my bedroom...

I took a walk to the power-meter a couple of hours ago... And took my camera for the ride. This little fella was on the roof inside my room. Just above the door. 1# I open my door to see... 2# /sigh I saw a little bit of movement off to my right; 3# YAY! Brown thing! My girlfriend decided...
  9. adfel

Frog ID please

Found this little man on my front steps a few minutes ago. Central Coast region... Just wondering what sort or frog it might be...
  10. R

Identifying this frog.

Hey, I work in childcare in Jesmond, NSW. This morning i found a little frog in the garden. It's a white colour with redish pink armpits and legs. The children are very interested in what kind of frog this is, we have tried looking online but no luck, we would love to know what kind it is so we...
  11. nico77

A few frogs

I found a few frogs tonight while walking at the wetlands with my little girls , photos are not the best but i was wondering if anyone can ID the brown frogs for me ? cheers Nico my girls :) These 3 i found at the same spot the other day , theres a centrepede in the hole on the bottom...
  12. IgotFrogs

Froggie ID Please :)

Hiya guys, I found this little guy on my window tonight hes very cute and SMALL round the size of maybe a 20cent coin i know sorry about the crappy photos only have mobile phone to take them with http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g366/igotfrogs/little%20froggie/Photo-0035.jpg...
  13. greeny1

frog id please

hi guys, was just curious to find out what species of frog this was. im sure its nothing special but i havnt found one before. im pretty hopeless with frogs so could someone please help me out with preferable normal names not scientific. we see many frogs around here and ive never seen one like...
  14. Daniel_Penrith

caring for Tadpoles??

Hi guys/girls. After some info on prime temperatures for keeping tadpoles..... I caught about 150 of them before i bombed mums pool!! Thanks in advance for the info! Cheers, Daniel
  15. froggyboy86

Recent Herps

Hey guys, Just thought I would post some pics of some recent herps I have seen over the past month from around New South Wales. Thick Tailed Gecko (Nephrurus milli) near Sydney South-eastern Morethia Skink (Morethia boulengeri) near Narrandera Southern Bell Frog (Litoria raniformis)...
  16. carpetsnake

id required on frog

id required on frog was at burpengary qld
  17. ryanharvey1993

species found at lane cove national park

hey, do any herpers have a list of what they have seen in lane cove national park at day and night while herping etc. thanks.
  18. John_lisa

frog ID?

hey guys my friend found this frog and was woundering what it was she cant figuer it out lol i dont know if the attachment will work as its my first time doing this on hear so let me know if it dont work and ill try again lol anyway if anyone can tell us what this frog is that be great or even...
  19. smacdonald

Days 4 & 5: Girraween National park

Copied directly from my blog. --- Note: if you've seen the 2009 ReptilesDownUnder.com calendar, you might recognise some pictures here. We left The Warrumbungles in the morning and drove up to Girraween National Park, just across the border in Queensland. Despite it being quite close to...
  20. Fuscus

Jima

before you say "Where?" look here http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Kenilworth+QLD,+Australia&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FTY_av4dUHIaCQ&ll=-26.683969,152.451439&spn=0.214424,0.305214&z=12&iwloc=addr Left too late in the day to see much but did some rock turning and found a few Oedura tryoni...
  21. jessb

Name this sound...

We have just moved to a new place near Pittwater in Sydney. At night we keep hearing something really noisy, but we can't identify it. It makes a noise like a door creaking shut and it repeats it from dusk until about 10pm. It sounds like a frog (and our neighbours have a pond, so it makes...
  22. MatE

Frog pics

Found this little guy today under a tarp.
  23. Trouble

Found this Frog

Hey All:D Well... I was taking the rubbish out and when I opened the lid of the garbage bin, this little fella jumped out:shock:;)(I hope he wasn't in there too long) Now, I was wondering, do any of you know what type of frog it is (if its even a frog:?). The colours in the pic are a little...
  24. moloch05

A trip to the Lamington Plateau, QLD

As I mentioned in my previous post, my wife and I spent 10 days in Brisbane in January. Most days were wet but there was a bit of sun on one weekend. We decided to take advantage of it and visit the Lamington Plateau with one trip to the Binna Burra area and one trip to the O'Reilly's area...
  25. F

Litoria dentata - anyone familier with this cute little critter?

Hello I am new. I have just got my first frog and set up what I think is a nice vivarium for my Litoria dentata - bleating tree frog. I was given it from a friend who had a neighbour that gave it too her to look after while he was on holidays. Well to cut a long story short he never came back...
  26. Nephrurus

Last nights frogging.

As some of you may know, on the east coast around Sydney last night it was hot and humid. So, as storms threatened, we jumped in my car and headed North in search of the elusive green thighed frog Litoria brevipalmata (as well as some others). Although I didn't photograph every frog we found...
  27. chrisso81

what frog is this?

Found this old pic on the computer and thought I'd share. He was a beautiful little tree frog I found in the garden on top of a 12 odd story hotel in Caloundra, QLD. Any ideas as to what frog he is?
  28. jamesr

Frog help

Could someone please indentify this frog for me. I caught it in my back yard in Liverpool west sydney. He is a gray frog with black eyes.
  29. Pyror

ID this frog (if u can)

Hey, Nearly ran this poor little critter over coming into my drive way this evening... Anybody know what species it is? I don't have any good frog ID books handy, but i have seen them around here before so i suspect they are fairly common.
Back