carlia scirtetis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

Show us your rare herps!

Show off your uncommonly kept or rare herps, or rare/interesting things you have found. Pics are wanted, but if you can give me evidence of rare stuff you have seen without pics then that is OK too. One of mine (well, my brother found it): Masked rock skink (Liopholis margaretae margaretae)...
  2. Umbral

Overdue Pics -VERY PIC HEAVY-

Honeymoon in Port Douglas: Black Mountain: I didn't get to see the monitor but found the black mountain skink which was very unperturbed by our presence and was really fun to watch. If you haven't seen Black Mountain before it is a truly unique place and well worth the trip if you are...
  3. jordo

Lets play a game

I recently returned from what can only be described as an epic herping trip around Qld and we found quiet a few animals that aren't so commonly encountered so what better way to test your ID skills. If you want to take a guess at the animals please justify why you ID'd it as you did (I'm...
  4. mummabear

Black Mountain

Over the New Year break, I headed up to Black Mountain hoping to see the Black Mountain Gecko Nactus galgajuga. Unfortunately, I did not see any, but met my new favourite reptile, the Black Mountain Skink Liburnascincus scirtetis. I can't believe such a small herp has so much character and...
  5. StephenZozaya

Cape York Peninsula, Queensland

Salutations forumites, First a few warnings. There is quite a lot of text in this post as a consequence of the amount of material. Feel free to skip it and look at the pretty pictures if you please. Also, the photos in this post were taken with both a Canon DSLR and an Olympus point-and-shoot...
  6. Banjo

Question about QLD Reptile Lincenses

HI All, Are you able to keep GTP's in QLD on a standard Recreational Wildlife Licence. I have looked on the epa sight and I'm still not 100% sure. My license says; Conditions for: Keeping live commercial and recreational reptiles and recreational amphibians Agency Interest: General A1G1...
  7. moloch05

Tropical Queensland, Cooktown area

This report covers the area between Cooktown and the Atherton Tablelands. Nick, Holly and I went for a night drive on my final night in Cooktown. The next day, I headed south and stopped whenever I saw interesting habitat. The trip to Malanda in the Atherton Tablelands took most of the day...
  8. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt2

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks This is the most diverse and abundant family of reptiles in Australia. Members of this family have adapted to virtually all habitats and may be found from tide pools to alpine areas. They range from a tiny islet south of Tasmania up through the Torres Strait Islands north...
  9. viridis

Wild Herp Pics!

A few wild pics ......ooops the jungle head shot is not wild:oops:
Back