chelodina longicollis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Stuart

Reptile Vets in Australia

This thread is dedicated to listing all the Vets and locations in Australia the have experience and specialize in reptiles. Please add any places and folks you are aware of along with any relevant details to help folks who may not know where to go in your area. [Mod Note: I have now...
  2. ronhalling

What is the matter with everyone

As the title suggests, what has happened to our community ???, Since the forum was forced to shut down temporarily there has been very little activity within the tomes of our little group, especially in this general reptile discussion section, is it because new people do not like hearing the...
  3. R

best pet reptile for kids ?

hi , wondering what's the best pet reptile for kids I have eastern long neck turtle and two levis levis geckos but my two kids don't touch or play with them . they ask me when they can get there own reptile they r 5 and 3 years old but they r good with pets they know they don't touch...
  4. M

whats a good snake to have when u have kids?

Hello Just curious witch snake is best around kids I have eastern long neck turtle and my kids dont try touch him as i told them he bites ( he doesnt tho ) Kids wont be touchin snake unless my partber is around we just r snake people .
  5. NickGeee

Some recentish vic herping finds

Hi guys, here are some super common species i have come across the past few months around greater melb and also places like the grampians. I am still not too skilled with a camera but slowly getting there :P Crinia parinsignifera by nickgherping, on Flickr Eulamprus heatwolei with a sore tail...
  6. MathewD

Eastern Snake-neck Turtle Hatchlings Long Neck Turtle Babies - NSW Central Coast

Scientific Name Chelodina Longicollis Common Name Snake Neck Turtle / Eastern Snake Neck Turtle / Eastern Long Neck Turtle Age Hatchlings / Babies Born March 2014 Size Shell is about the size of a 10 cent coin / Tiny Quantity Available 5 Bred By Me General Description Beautiful ELN...
  7. CrystalMoon

Turtle ID please

I had a young fellow come into work with a hatchling long necked turtle, it is one I have not seen before? It's shell looks a little malformed(wonky) The colouring of the shell is very dark, almost black. The most different feature of this little one is it's red eyes. I could not take a pic...
  8. G

Murray river herping

Hi, so basically i may be going on the murray river house boats in october, with family. we plan on hiring a private boat so that i am somewhat free to stop anywhere and herp. My question is what would i likely see? cheers
  9. Newlo

Eastern Long Neck Turtles

Hey guys I'm a new member today. Reason being I was outside near my turtle tank and noticed that there was 8 little eggs (15m x 8mm approx.) lying at the bottom of the tank. I removed them and buried them in about 3cm of brickies sand and lightly covered them over, before anything could happen...
  10. M

2 Eastern Long neck turtle

Sold -2 Eastern Long neck turtle I have a pair of adult Eastern Long neck turtle for sale. Available for $60 for the pair. Tank is for sale as well , need to make room if interested in tank please see my other ad. Contact Manie on 0432 743 530 Pick up from Ingleburn, campbelltown area ...
  11. C

Eastern long neck turtle advice !

Hi all, just after some good advice fron people who have kept australian turtles for many years and have experience with these fellas especially ELN turts. before you blaze me lol I have done my research as I am a research freak ha ha have to know everything about everything. I have a 4x2x2...
  12. Jacknife

Eastern Long Neck Feed Advice

Hi all, yesterday a acquired an Eastern Long Neck Turtle from a friend who no longer bad time for it. It came with two feeder fish which have apparently been in there a couple of months as he decided he didn't want to eat them. My question is should I feed him in a seperate tank or feed him I...
  13. MathewD

Eastern Snake-neck Turtle Hatchlings Long Neck Turtle Babies - NSW Central Coast

Scientific Name Chelodina Longcollis Common Name Snake Neck Turtle / Eastern Snake Neck Turtle / Eastern Long Neck Turtle Age Hatchlings / Babies Size Shell is about the size of a 5 cent coin / Tiny Quantity Available 5 Bred By Me General Description Beautiful ELN / ESN...
  14. M

6 Foot Turtle tank setup - with 2 eastern Long Neck Turtles

Selling my 6 Foot Turtle Tank complete with Turtles, light Fitting , custom made rock ledge , Lighting, Filter and Pump. The Two Turtles are Eastern Long Neck Turtles, eating healthy . If you wish to purchase the Turtles separately please make me an offer and I will consider. The tank was...
  15. News Bot

Slithery reptiles sold in NSW pet stores

THE NSW government has introduced new rules which will allow pet shops to sell snakes, lizards and turtles for the first time. border="0" |- | valign="'middle'" | | valign="'middle'" | |- Published On: 25-Mar-13 09:20 AM Source: via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  16. cheekabee

More herping pics Melbourne

Just a few more Melbourne herping pics from these summer holidays which are unfortunately over and which went way to quick. Can't complain though as I had a good time. Lizards Weasel Skink(Saproscincus mustelinus) with eggs, in shared laying site by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Delicate...
  17. cheekabee

Some of this season's finds, Melbourne

These are just some of this seasons finds around melbourne and its surounds Unfortunately didn't get any good pics of copper heads and tiger snakes although I did see a few. And still haven't encoutered a white lipped snake to photograph. Enjoy, Akash Cunningham skink(Egernia cunninghami)...
  18. R

New guy saying g'day.

Hi everyone. After a 30 yr spell from reptiles, I got back into them about 3 yrs back and am heavily addicted now. I keep beardies, southern angles, central netteds, gidgees, a storrs monitor, an eastern longneck turtle and green tree frogs. I had my first breeding success earlier this yr with...
  19. NuKL7

Anyone have any good turtle tips?

Hey guys! a few days ago i saw a picture of an eastern long neck turtle and it was so cute! I decided i will be getting one or two early next year. I've been reading many care sheets researching their requirements and stuff. I think i have got the gist of it but still refining my knowledge. I...
  20. S

Wanted Female adult eastern long neck turtle in vic or willing to freight

Hi im after a female Adult eastern long neck happy to pay freight if your not in vic :D please email me [email protected] or comment here
  21. Tit4n

Anyone owns a fresh-water turtle? (Have some noob questions, thinking of getting one)

Hey guys, Wife was interested in getting a turtle so i thought id do some research. I currently own a bearded dragon so know somewhat basics of lighting etc. However would like to ask few questions. Species: - I heard that short-necks are generally smaller than long necks. Is this so? - What...
  22. R

Found Eastern Long Neck Turtle

Hello, I have found an Eastern Long Neck Turtle wandering around in my front yard. I believe it might have come from the Logan River here in Queensland. I live about 1km from the river. I guess it has probably wandered its way up here in all the wet weather we have been having. There are a lot...
  23. Snake Catcher Victoria

Turtle v Car

Hope this little girl will be ok. The local vet rang and asked what they should, so I picked her up to take to the Karingal vet where Shane Simpson works. The bridge of the shell has a crack, which can sometimes mean internal damage and she has blood in her mouth. Later today we will xray her...
  24. waruikazi

CuuuuuuuuUUUTe

Finding heaps of these little fellas atm and similar numbers of long necks about a month ago. Pretty much one everytime i go for a jog (which is why i don't have more pictures, never take a camera jogging). Does anyone know their breeding cycles and where they lay in relation to water bodies? I...
  25. GellyAmbert

Eastern long-neck turtle

Scientific Name Chelodina longicollis Common Name Eastern long-neck turtle Age 1yr approx. Size Slightly bigger than a mango..? Quantity Available 1 Bred By Turtles r us General Description Location Campbelltown Willing to Freight? No Contact Details 0448 292 005 call/txt...
  26. F

Eating problem

Our eastern long necked turtle doesn't eat vegetables. Is this a problem??
  27. S

Found Eastern Longneck Turtle

Hello. I found an eastern long neck turtle on the driveway of a fairly busy street. He was along way from any watercourse I am aware of. Don't know if he was a pet or wild. Did a little research. Have examined the turtle. Established as a male and approximately 5 years old and seems in good...
  28. Rattler

ID

I found this on the footpath this morning in the middle of sydney. Was under powerlines so i dont know if a bird had it and dropped it or where it came from. What the hell is it? Some sort of corn snake?
  29. J

Help about my Turtle.

Just seeing if anyone knows what i should do about my turtle. His a Eastern Long Neck Turtle. And my other is a Murray River short neck. They were both in the tank and the short neck has attacked my long neck and taken a piece out of his shell, however i thought that was it but his actually...
  30. elapid@

saved eastern snake neck turtle today

was driving along the hwy at hexam out side of Newcastle today when i saw this turtle taking out towards the traffic so i pulled up asap only though i was about 50 meters away and realized this turtle was not stopping and the traffic was unaware. so i had to make a quick 50 m dash and just saved...
  31. Mo Deville

The Wild Thread

I would love to see pics of wild animals that people have caught on camera themselves all in the one spot, i will start as soon as i have some, so hopefully we can see some cool animals in their natural evironment and give people another reason to get outdoors!!! Cheers Mo :D
  32. N

Eastern Long-Neck Turtle, spits all his food back out

Hi guys, first post and a couple of questions so yeah... My turtle who used to swallow fish whole, now won't eat anything (unless he's stealthing it, but I don't know). He'll swim up all excited to get his fish (white bait), grab it in his mouth and then he'll just sort of gnaw at it and claw...
  33. siewmj1

Plant with Eastern long neck turtle ?

Hi, I would like to ask anyone experience with an eastern long neck turtle or Pig nose turtles and aquatic plant. I would like to grow my plant on Drifewood. I am using plant such as Anubias Nana, Java fern, Moss, Water lilies and duck weed. I feel like they can surive a turtle on onslaught.
  34. viciousred

Hi :)

Hey everyone, I've been on this forum for a few years but haven't really had the means to be on here a lot till now. Have loved reptiles and other animals since I was born :) I'm here to learn, learn, and learn some more, I have a very generalized knowledge of a few species, but after reading on...
  35. sneakynuts

squeaky long neck

hi, ive tried looking for answers to my question on the web and keep getting mixed answers. Well i have a eastern long neck turtle and he is 7 years old and recently we have heard him squeak, (sounds like a puppy) at first we all thought it was cute but im a little concerned. He seems super...
  36. M

baby eastern longneck turtles

Common Name eastern longneck turtle Age a few months Size 20-50 cent pecie Quantity Available heaps $85 each General Description great little turtles healthy active and all feeding well on blood worm and fish , complete setups and accessories avaiable Location melbourne...
  37. TaraLeigh

Collections/Families

G'day all. I'm fairly new to the site and am interested in meeting some new people with the same interests and also hearing what people have got at home/their own little wildlife park and what their names are, how many, what's you'r fav, some characteristics, plans for the future, photos, how...
  38. antho87

Do i need a heater

hey guys another question which i cannot find any answers for what should i be doing as in heat wise for my stimmie the ppl at the pet store reckon i dont need heat mat or anything the light will do the work as long as i put in on for a bit everyday is this correct here are some pics! thanks...
  39. V3NOM

Feeding tiny turtle?

Hey guys, A friend of mine told me she has a tiny turtle but she doesnt know what type it is. She also says it isnt eating anything. What kind of food can i tell her to try if we dont know what kinda turtle it is??? Is there any food that all turtles eat.... Thanks in advance
  40. craig.a.c

QLD licencing system.

I'm moving to Townsville in a couple of weeks and was trying to find a link or something that outlines what pythons I can keep in QLD on a standard licence. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers - Craig.
  41. P

2 headed eastern snake-neck turtle

not sure if this has been posted here but pretty interesting, conjoined turtles eating mosquito larvae taken from ausfreshwaterturtles forum HYDRA1.flv video by Expansa1 - Photobucket nice teamwork :lol:
  42. H

I found an Eastern Longneck Turtle an have no experience with turtles

Hi I am trying to find an experienced turtle owner who lives in Melbourne and would like to have the turtle that I found. Earlier in the week I found what I believe to be an eastern longneck walking along a bike path near my house. I took it home to make sure it was out of danger, thinking...
  43. D

DECCW - reptile ballot

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as: 1 Diamond Python (Morelia spilota spilota) (juvenile approx 30 cm in length) 1...
  44. dixilizards

Eastern Long Neck Turtle

Scientific Name Chelodina longicollis Common Name Eastern Long Neck Turtle Age 7 months Sex Unsure Size Shell is 6.5cm x 5cm Quantity Available 1 Price $70 ono General Description Healthy little fella eating well on worms, mealworms, pellets, dog/cat food and some...
  45. jace1

turtle vs frog

hi guys i might be getting a eastern long neck turtle or a green tree frog in a week or so and was wondering what your opinions were on which was better?:lol:
  46. Jacquie

Wanted eastern long neck turtle

Does anyone have or know where I can get an eastern long neck. It's all my son is asking for Christmas and I haven't seen any advertised anywhere. Please help! Thanks, Jac
  47. monique18026

eastern long neck turtles

Common Name eastern long neck turtle Age 6 months Sex unknown Size 50cent coin Quantity Available 2 Price 70ea General Description cute healthy feeding welll Location Victoria, mornington peninsular Willing to Freight? maybe Contact Details pm me
  48. D

DECCW - reptile ballot

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as: 4 Eastern Snake-Necked Turtle (Chelodina longicollis) 1 Eastern Carpet Python...
  49. B

wanting to purchase Eastern long neck turtles

looking to purchase BABY eastern long neck turtles in the NSW (western sydney area) please advise location, cost and number of turtles you have for sale. Thanks
  50. Craigis11

Grout/Cement What product is safe??

Hey guys Need help/advice, I am builing a polystene hide/terrian feature for my snake and was wondering wat groute/cement product works well and most of all safe for my snake? I am going to Bunnings today to get some pontite (i think thats wat it is called) Thanks
Back