varanus tristis orientalis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. El3ctric E3l

Ackie or tristis?

So I've been quite interested in dwarf monitors for a while and I've been thinking of getting one in the distant future. The two species I've been the most interested in are ackies and black-headed/freckled monitors. I'm interested to hear what people think of the two species (temperament-wise...
  2. Operation-Goanna

Small Monitors?

For the last yr or so I've been into monitors, and because of the lack of space I can't get a V.indicus or really anything 2 ft+ so i've made a list of monitors. Black headed monitor (small subspecies) Ridge tailed/acky monitor Pygmy mulga/stripe tailed monitor Short tailed monitor. I live in...
  3. Aussie_monitors

Tristis localities

I know there's a few pics and info already on here, but just wanting to see some new pics of tristis and their localities. Does anyone keep any nice northern localities? Maybe even start a tristis thread?
  4. Nero Egernia

Calming or "Taming" Monitor Lizards

This is a topic that I have relatively little experience in, and as a result I've been scouring many sources to satiate my curiosity. From what I have found there appears to be two schools of thought, "complete and constant exposure" to humans and their environment such as regular handling...
  5. BredliFreak

What's happening?

Basically, I want an update. How collections are going, herps you are seeing and wish list stuff etc. As for me, I've got a couple of updates. Red and Lizzie are going strong, snuggly and placid as usual. Red made his first public appearance when I showed off my new cage I'm working on at a...
  6. C

Monitor lizards!

Just thought I would start "show of your monitors thread" so photos please! :lol: :D :P My three! Old photo of my Varanus Mertensi when he was young. My 2 juvenile Varanus Storri
  7. Tristis

freckled monitor

Scientific Name Common Name Freckled monitor Size 60cm Quantity Available 1 General Description nice male, proven breeder. $350 txt for more info 0425 790 344 Location sydney Willing to Freight? yes Contact Details pm me or call/txt 0425 790 344
  8. Benskene

Wtb Freckled Monitor

Looking to buy a freckled monitor female Mount Pleasant variety please. Prefer breeding age but happy as long as sexed female. Also looking for any Brevicauda, primordious, caudolineatus, kingorum, bushi. Happy to pay freight. Contact me on 0402259981 or [email protected] Sent from my...
  9. woody101

Varanus tristis orientalis

Hey everyone I'm after some Varanus tristis orientalis willing to pay good money for the right animal. Willing to pay freight. Pm if you have anything or know of anyone with them. Thanks Josh
  10. C

Freckled monitor help

Hi was wanting to know about these little guys. If anyone can let me know were to find info on them please. I'm wanting to know housing, temps,food, handling, how many u should have eg a pair one on its own will be fine? How to sex? Do I need to have an up grade in my license to get them? ...
  11. Stuart

Small Monitor ID

Hi All, I have limited knowledge in monitors (planning on changing that) and I was wondering if the below chap can please be identified? The photo is old I know, but I have been seeing more of these guys around and wouldn't mind knowing what they are and doing some reading up on them.
  12. ReptileMad_98

What is your favourite Australian reptile?

Ill start off, either the olive python or the inland taipan :D.
  13. P

Varanus tristis taxonomy & locales

Varanus tristis is currently a very confusing species in terms of taxonomy and work needs to be done to establish further clarity with this stunning and diverse species. The species has a remarkably large distribution and a range extending from the most northern point of Australia (Cape York)...
  14. P

Aussie Monitors

Following on from my thread on Aussie Snakes which can be seen here - http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/aussie-snakes-190769/ - I thought I'd put up a thread on some of the monitor lizards that I have also encountered on my herping travels. I haven't seen a...
  15. Damiieen

What did you pick up from VHS Vic 2012 expo?

Heeeeey, Today I went to the Vic expo and had a great time I think I came home a bit too early though :( There were amazing animal's going around. I went in search of 2 Southern Angle Headed dragon's that's what I really wanted and pretty much all I could get (Didn't exactly save my money for...
  16. J

top 5 smallest monitors

could someone help me make a list of the top 5 smallest monitors and there sizes. a picture included would be great. number one being the smallest and 5 bigger. for example; 1. varanus brevicauda average total length - 20cm (just guessing here) habitat - ground dwelling, desert, picture-...
  17. HaberfieldsReps

A range of frillies, geckos and monitors

All animals have been vet checked and are ready to go. Please check out our facebook page by searching for “Haberfield’s Reptiles” on facebook. Please note that some of the animals are pick up only - this is generally because they are older animals and past their breeding age - I want to make...
  18. nagini-baby

freckled monitor

Scientific Name varanus orientalis Common Name freckled monitor Age 4.5 Size appropriat Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description norbert is a pretty little freckled monitor, eats great. fun to watch. hasnt bitten but not a fan of handling make a good display. if you are...
  19. moloch05

Wild Queensland -- Nov 2011

I had to use lots of accumulated leave this year and I never like to waste it at home. So, after returning from Italy, I set off on a photography trip with a friend (Ted) and his son (Andrew) from Arizona. Ted and I explored the deserts in California and Mexico 40 years ago when we were in...
  20. HaberfieldsReps

Mangrove, freckled, mertens and lace monitors. N. levis yearlings.

Adult Male Mangrove Monitor - Very impressive monitor in great condition. 6 years old and has bred before. Bright yellow form. Will impress. $1200. Adult Male Freckled monitor - 5 years old. Bought as a female but turned out to be a male, hence am selling. Very light colouration, would make...
  21. spongebob

Male Freckled Monitor

Scientific Name Varanus tristis orientalis Common Name Freckled Monitor Age 6 years Size SNL 19cm. Total length 54cm Quantity Available one Bred By ?? General Description Lone male looking for a girlfriend! Feeds on anything. Has some old and fully healed...
  22. HaberfieldsReps

Kimberly Mertens, Boyd's, Freckled monitor and Marbled Velvets

Kimberly (WA) Mertens Water monitor juveniles: 2 months old, all feeding very well. Spectacular colours with lots of yellow. There are 7 available at $250 each. They are too young to sex at this age and are approximately 30cm total length at the moment. Boyd's Forest Dragons Juvenile Males: 2...
  23. Jesse_H

Best monitor for a 4ft enclosure?

Yo, I have my eyes on an enclosure 4ft long x 100cm high. what's the largest adult monitor I could reasonably keep in this? Anything bigger than an ackie that anyone could suggest? I'm only looking to get one animal. Thanks!
  24. HaberfieldsReps

Freckled Monitors

Scientific Name Varanus tristis orientalis Common Name Freckled monitor Age 5 years old Sex Presumed males, however not 100% sure. Quantity Available 2 Price $600 each General Description Absolutely stunning medium sized monitors that are rarely offered for sale...
  25. S

Freckled Monitor Enclosure (1900 by 900 by 700)

This is my latest D.I.Y project. I'll purchaseing some new monitors soon, so I decided to make them something special. It's a 1900mm H by 900mm W by 700mm D ply enclosure. I'm using Wattyl Sola-guard (thanks Farma) and flood lights for heating. Next year when the hatchlings are bigger...
  26. S

New Camera and the collection

Coastal Mitchell's Water Monitor Freckled Monitor Golden Tree Snake Water Python Marsh Frog Red Eyed Green Tree Frog Dainty Tree Frog Darwin Carpet Green Tree Snake
  27. chondro09

Varanus tristis orientalis any size or sex,
  28. Dragon-Drew

What do you collect and Why?

What is it that drives you to make your next purchase? - Is it that you like the look of a certain species? - Is it because you want to try and bread with something you already have? - Do you want to collect as many different species and forms as possible? - Or do you just collect what...
  29. V

Latest hatchies

These guys hatched two days ago thought I would share the photos
  30. affroalex

varanus tristis orientalis

hi i am after a pair of varanus tristis orientalis of any size and age. will pay for freight. pm me if you have anything
  31. Tristis

varanus tristis orientalis juvs

Scientific Name varanus tristis orientalis Common Name black tailed monitors Age 1-2 months Sex unkown Length 25cm Quantity Available 3 Bred By me General Description varanus tristis orientalis juvs feed well on crickets. price is $1200 for the 3. pics to...
  32. WombleHerp

Varanus baritji?

Ok so a friend of myne is giving me a 4ft fish tank with a crack in it. Since he can't keep his fish in it anymore as it won't hold water, he asked if I could put any of my reptiles in it. Being the hoarder that I am I jumped at the chance of losing more money on herps :rolleyes::lol: Anyways...
  33. geckos_are_great

small monitor breeders in victoria

hi im just wondering if there is any small monitor breeders in victoria and if so hwta do you breed and what are your prices?? pm me or just reply
  34. B

Freckled Monitor

Hey Guys keen to get me a freckled monitor Any idea as to who i need to see or where i should go to buy one? Cheers Tom
  35. jimbo

Hi guys, hopefully next year some time i will be looking at getting some hatchling orientalis. If anyone can point me in the right direction to a breeder please let me know. - [email protected] Thanks
  36. moloch05

pics from Mutawintji NP, NSW

In October, 2006, I went on a quick trip to far western New South Wales. While there, I spent a couple of nights at Mutawintji National Park. This park is located north of the Barrier Highway between Wilcannia and Broken Hill. Mutawintji is a beautiful park that protects rugged gorges some of...
  37. hornet

Monitor id

Dad just showed me pics of this young monitor he rescued. From gladstone and was about 20cm long, i'm thinking a semiremex but tristis are also found in the area.
  38. antmisk

WTB Male freckled Monitor

Wanted to buy adult Male freckled Monitor for next breeding season. Thanks Tony
  39. Tristis

Freckled monitor pics

here is my trio of freckled monitors, i love there long tails. these guys are 6 months old and the smallest is 45cm. if any one else has pics of black headed monitors or freckleds id like to see them.
  40. Kratos

New Additions

Here are some of my new reptiles. Hope you all like. Cheers, Kratos
  41. stary boy

mini monitors

what are those little mini tiny monitors called that dont grow very big? also anyone have ppics?
  42. elapid68

Disease Brain Teaser

Help needed - Disease Brain Teaser Ok people, time to test those brains. A friend of mine in the UK has emailed me with a problem and I've got no ideas. Can anyone help. Below is a copy of the email : In the past 6 weeks I have seen 4 cases of some weird contageous virus, infection, bacteria...
  43. E

Varanus Tristis Orientalis aka Freckled Monitor

Hey guys, After Freckled Monitor (varanus tristis orientalis) hatchlings/sub-adults or adults. Located in Western Sydney and will travel to come and pick them up. Also willing to pay for shipping import fees ect. Cheers :) Ryan (0406130030 / rizey AT optusnet.com.au)
  44. Veredus

How Much?

I was just wondering if someone could tell me how much I could expect to pay for: 1. Varanus tristis (freckled monitor) and 2. Pogona minor minor (Dwarf bearded dragon)
  45. Malley

Seeking info on V. Tristis

Hi everyone, just wondering who keeps either Varanus tristis tristis, or Varanus tristis orientalis? Does anyone breed them? The usual questions too: how are they kept? Can i see pics of animals and set-ups please? Cheers, Steve
  46. OdessaStud

Sand Goanna Help Please

Hi all ive just become the proud owner of a sand goanna and am not shy to say i know nothing about them at all. Anyone that can give me some advise on the correct husbandry methods I should use and information ie size expectancy . Ill post a pic of him/her hope im talking about the right type...
  47. PremierPythons

Attention All Monitor Keepers...

Hi Everyone, Have another spare 4' x 2' x 2' (actually it's just a touch larger in all measurements) empty and I would love to acquire a single Monitor for this enclosure. So basically I'm asking what would people recommend - I'd rather a larger single monitor than a group of smalls (so not...
  48. P

Monitors

I was amazed to see how many people have some really nice pythons out there (on the show us your pythons forum). Obviously a lot less people will have monitors. But I was wondering how many people actually have some. If you've got some monitors or are generally interested in them why not post...
  49. K

What Pets Do You Own

Hey pplz well i just thourght i would make a list of all animals that i have and i hope other people will add to the list with pets they own so here goes (its gonna be long): 3x Green Tree Frogs 2x Gillets Tree Frogs 2x red Eyed Green Tree Frogs 1x Sooky Dalmation 1x Little Brat of a cat...
  50. OuZo

Feeding lizards cat/dog food

Just following on from Bex's thread, what lizards can or can't you feed dog/cat food to and what flavours should they be or what should be avoided? Obviously things like fishy flavours should probably be avoided and I'm guessing something plain like Jellymeat would be best? I'm thinking for...
Back