pelamis platurus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Sea snakes in Dongara, WA?

Heard from a mate once that I could find sea snakes in the Irwin River estuary, in Dongara WA. I highly, doubt that this is likely, can anyone confirm?
  2. ronhalling

what snake is this

Here i am again (like a rash) while i am still logged on i thought i might ask the good people here if they can tell me what sort of snake this is, it was found by my son in the bushland at the bottom of our street (port macquarie NSW) i made him put it back but took a pic of it with my phone...
  3. feathergrass

another snakes in nz article

heres the other article i read about snakes and nz Venomous sea snakes could accompany swimmers Published: 8:34AM Wednesday January 04, 2012 Source: ONE News The yellow-bellied sea snake, Pelamis platurus - Source: Wikimedia Commons Swimmers are being told not to be surprised if...
  4. snakelady-viper

Sea Snake

Thought I would share this. A yellow - bellied sea snake, Pelamis platurus. He was rescued from a beach in Port Stephens wased ashore due to the stronge seas.
  5. phoebe

Camping at Treachery

Went camping at Treachery at Seal Rocks on the weekend. Lace monitors were everywhere! Little guy Giant fat guy The same one as above only at ground level. I was standing around a metre away from him...didn't seem too fussed unless I made sudden movements. This fella wandered...
  6. Mr.James

ID Frog, Lizards, Mammal

I already know the answers, but I'd thought I'd share the pics with everyone seems we are from all over Australia here on APS. (These where taken on my mobile so not high quality) Have a go!
  7. JasonL

Pelamis platurus (Sea Snake) pics

Thought I'd post some pics of a Yellow Bellied Sea Snake that I got called to release a few weeks back.. After spending 24 hours in a bucket of fresh water with some salt added I didn't hold much hope for him, he was hardly moving and looked rather drab by the time he got to me, but rapidly came...
  8. colooch

top 10 most dangerous snakes

I was recently having a discussion with mate about the top 10 most dangerous snakes in the world, he does not think Australia is home to more than half of the top10. so can anyone name the top 10 most dangerous snakes in the world?
  9. L

South African in herp-less New Zealand

Hi everyone Well, been ages since I chatted on this site. I heard, before I moved over to kiwi-land, that they had no reptiles here but thought "yeah right, there is no country in the world that doesnt have snakes & lizards & gecko's & since NZ is so close to Oz it will have plenty"...
  10. Colin

Yellow bellied Sea Snake

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22355191-5006009,00.html Seasick snake slithers home By Saffron Howden, Environment Reporter September 04, 2007 12:00am He's one of the deadliest snakes in the world. But by the time he washes up at your local beach, he's likely to be...
  11. N

Yellow Belly Black

can someone please tell me ?? is a yellow belly black a black snake or is it just a colour variant of the green tree snake ? and if anyone could post piccies that would b great
  12. pythonkisses

WHAT SNAKE IS THIS??????

Can someone help me out never seen this type before what is it ???????????????? PK :)
Back