egernia kingii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Any info on King Skinks

I've brought 4 of these guys about 4 months old - there is hardly any info on the net - I have the hot spot at 34c - got some good info on what to feed them - I haven't seen hides mentioned but they sure seem to like having one and it seems essential - they are good feeders but concerned they...
  2. Nero Egernia

Show us your Bobtails (Tiliqua rugosa)!

The title says it all. Show us your Bobtails or Shinglebacks or Sleepy/Lazy/Pine-cone Lizards (phew, this lizard has quite a few names)! I actually know some people who call them goana. But more specifically, the scientific name, Tiliqua rugosa. A few people I know think they're ugly, but these...
  3. ChargerWA

Egernia Kingii eating chicks?

Hi All, I am missing a few newly hatched chicks. When I just went out to see what the commotion was and a King Skink came shooting out of the chook pen. Would a day old chicken be in the prey range for an adult King Skink? Wikipedia says not what they would normally eat, but I thought you...
  4. F

Goanna/lizard ID

Spotted a lizard/Goanna/skink that i have never seen before in West Aussie in Madora bay...At first i thought it was another bobtail but it wasent...Colour was more of an olive green...Was as long as a bobtail although not as fat..Head was more slimmer and not triangular shape...It moved...
  5. F

East coast VS West coast

Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very...
  6. Jumala

Rottnest Island WA skink - Egernia kingii?

I was on Rottnest Island on the weekend and managed to get some photos of this cool skink. I figured it was an Egernia kingii - any other suggestions? I mangaged to get a photo with a 600ml bottle of Dare coffee for size reference of one of the specimens (and no it wasn't mine!) As you can...
  7. My_Snakey

No Grinner in WA :-(

My husband and I are moving to WA, but I have just been told by Domestic Quarantine that my Bredli Python, Grinner, isn't allowed into WA. Is this right? Is there no way that I can bring my much loved pet into WA? The man on the phone told me "Well atleast you know now and have time to give him...
  8. Australis

"King Skink Attacks Hopeless Dugite"

Anyone who likes skinks, will enjoy these videos. Probably the most interesting reptile video ive seen. While on the topic of King skinks, what do juveniles normally sell for on the east coast? Or are they mostly traded/hoarded by the Egernia (or what ever genus they are in these days)...
  9. lizardman59

some cool herps in my yard

check these out hopefully it works share yours to:D
  10. Elapidae1

camping trip

Not very successful for pics of reptiles but a good time had nonetheless. I did find the following frog in it's unusual hiding spot which was a bit unfortunate as it would have been much better to photograph it under a leaf or something. then this little fellow was caught poking his head out...
  11. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt2

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks This is the most diverse and abundant family of reptiles in Australia. Members of this family have adapted to virtually all habitats and may be found from tide pools to alpine areas. They range from a tiny islet south of Tasmania up through the Torres Strait Islands north...
  12. C

Anyone herping in ALBANY WA

:DHi I will be in Albany soon any one into local herps would like to contact for local expertise in herp info , would like a contact no so I could give call you when in town .:DCheers keith
  13. C

LOOKING FOR MOLOCHS in WA

:::DHi I am new to this site, I am going to WA in a week or so fishing in the Albany area where I used to live and hope to photo a few dugites and tiger snakes + kings skink that occurs there , doe any one know of any sites in southern WA were thorny devils might occur ? as it is one of the...
  14. R

new blackheaded monitor pr

picked these 2 up just prior to christmas,they layed a clutch in november and had been mating right up till the day i picked them up so will be interesting to see if they lay more,if not down the track will be fine
  15. smacdonald

Dryandra Woodlands, WA (warning: may contain traces of mammals)

At the end of October I went over to the TDWG (the international organisation for biodiversity information standards) 2008 conference. The conference was a great success and a fantastic networking opportunity. There was, however, a distinct lack of reptiles at the conference. So at the end of...
  16. urodacus_au

Carnac Island, WA

Carnac is a small island off the coast of Perth in WA. We took a mates boat out for a quick herp and some fishing in late March. The island is well known for its dense Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) population so we were hoping to find a few. We beached the boat on the island just before lunch...
  17. geckodan

Kings Skinks for sale

5 months old, Egernia kingii, three unrelated juveniles, WA coastal form. Freight ok. Prefer to sell as group. Pics to follow
  18. S

Sexing Kings Skinks

Evening, just wondering if anybody could give me some sound advise on sexing my Kings Skink. He/she is a nice sized adult with a beautiful temperment. Also I am planning on finding him/her a suitable partner in the next few months, does anybody know what the generally go for? Or a good...
  19. ad

Land Mullets

Hi All, Chasing some info on land mullets. please keep all haircut jokes to yourselves. I have read that when handled they either go stiff or thrash about uncontrollably, true? I believe they can co habitat with blueys, but has anyone any experience with cohabitation of these guys? 1 book...
  20. salebrosus

King Skinks

Does anyone out there have King Skinks? I had one and just bought another, not knowing what either sex was but still hoping i would have a male and female. The most recent one has a nasty temper whereas the one i had since a wee bub is gorgeous. I was worried i might have problems putting the...
  21. JunglePython

How long till we can trade with W.A. ?

Does anyone know when Breeders in W.A. will be able to buy from other states and visa versa? Are pygmies being bred on licence? What about W.A. womas?
  22. P

I need some advice

So now i've got a King's Skink. It's a magnificent, HUGE animal. I had to rescue him (don't be alarmed, I'm now doing volunteer work for CALM as a wildlife carer and i've been issued with a license to do this) because he was injured and had obviously been in a fight of some kind; he is missing...
Back