morelia spilota imbricata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Snappy little SW carpet

Hey all, I have a south western carpet python, 6 months old. Quite snappy at the moment and ive been handling him each day for around 5 minutes. He doesn't seem to be settling down and was quite Fiestyet tonight when I handled him (had a 2 day break as he had a feed) Do I just keep at...
  2. Nero Egernia

South West Carpet Python Colour Variations

Does anyone on here know anything about South West Carpet Python (Morelia spilota imbricata) colour variations? I just saw one adult the other day that was really dark, even so dark that from her tail her belly scales were black and as they got closer to the head they were white/grey but with...
  3. R

Carpet Python not eating

Hi guys. Had my Python for like 6 years never had any problems or hassle from him. Till now. He's always eaten every 2-3 weeks between feeds. but hasn't harken food for the last 2 and a half months. I'm starting to get worried he has a thermo heat rock on all year round. Just not sure why he's...
  4. Peckoltia

Morelia spilota imbricata

Hi Just thought I'd post a quick pic of a young male SW Carpet Python I got off Snowman about a year ago (hatched in feb 2014). I also recently got another off Snowman, this time a girl. I will try get some pics of her when she settles in a little better. Just an iPhone pic. As always doesn't...
  5. A

Bad Shed, Red/Brown Patch on Underbelly, Extremely Crabby/Unsettled?

Okay so I'm extremely concerned about my new South West Carpet Python Monty, I've had him since the 18th of December 2014 and he was a surprise gift from my parents (a VERY unexpected one!) As much as I've fallen in love with him now and we were getting along famously his eyes went a horrible...
  6. S

diamond pythons in WA???

Hey i have always wanted a diamond python but have no idea if you can even get them in WA I under stand that there naturally from NSW but can you still have them out side there habitat does anyone know?
  7. T

I have to start somewhere

Okay so I have decided that as a gift to myself for my 23rd Birthday I will get a yearling South Western Carpet. I want to get a basic vivarium set up even before I get my scaly friend who will initially dwell in a smaller enclosure such as a medium to large click-clack just so that I have...
  8. W

Hey there

Hi everyone, long time lurker/student here. Been reading up in the forums and books for a fair while gaining as much info as possible before I got my first snake a little hatchie spotted who I named Zero seeing I'm not sure of the gender. Spot or Dot seemed obvious and though he/ she wouldn't...
  9. andynic07

Crack down on subspecies crosses Queensland

It appears that the authorities in Queensland are starting to enforce the rules around hybrids as I have heard of someone getting fined and snakes being confiscated. Has anyone else heard of this happening?
  10. gregcranston

Who keeps native mammals?

Just curious after a few additions in Victoria to which native mammals you can keep on an advanced license, first in 2009 with animals such as Potoroos, Southern Brown Bandicoots and Feathertail gliders, and then again in 2013 with Eastern Quolls, Spotted-tailed Quolls amongst others, I was...
  11. S

Lazy snake!

Hey guys, so I have an 18 month old Darwin carpet, and he's really placid. When I go to feed him, he just kinda starts eating. He doesn't strike anymore, and sometimes doesn't even coil. Does this mean anything? Is it bad? sam.
  12. cathy1986

Why why why!!!!!!

I was reading some post on fb saying what will I get if I breed this with that etc..... I find it quite annoying when these sorta people ask these questions, because it goes to show they have no understanding of the general genetics of their snakes, so therefore have no plan in regards to what...
  13. B

Proper Scientific Name For Bredli...

Can somebody confirm for me the correct scientific name for Bredli? I have seen it listed as Morelia Bredli, and in other places listed as Morelia Spilota Bredli. Could somebody please confirm for me the correct scientific name? Thanks.....
  14. bohdi13

New addition

hey guys and girls, as some of you may know there was the first ever West Australian reptile expo in Perth on the 19th of may. was an amazing day but something that really brightened it up was getting my new south west carpet python (Morelia spilota imbricata). she is a wild caught supposed 1-2...
  15. S

New to reptiles!

Hello everyone, Well as the title states, i am new to reptiles. My partner and i are looking at getting either a snake or bearded dragon. However i am leaning more to snake as we were informed by the pet store that they take a little less up keep. So about me, i'm 24, about to have a baby...
  16. bohdi13

Show us ya hatchlings

The season has gone by and I thought it would be nice to see some hatchling reptiles, so show us ya cute little reptilians! Cheers, Bohdi.
  17. bohdi13

I'm building something big...

Hi everyone, I am building a bank enclosure and am looking at a corner cabinet at the moment to convert into the enclosure, the enclosure is going to house a Morelia spilota imbricata and an Antaresia stimsoni. Hoping to have a bottom enclosure being a meter odd high and then having the stimsoni...
  18. kylie125

HI

Hi everyone, i've had a South Western Carpet Python for one and a half years now and thought it was about time i actually joined the site rather than just reading it when i needed answers. Never thought i would have a snake as a pet i was absolutely terrified of them but when your brother...
  19. RickLeekong

Ripley the Southwest carpet python

This is Ripley!!! My Southwest Carpet Python (Morelia Spilota Imbricata) she is 2 years old. I uhhh also discovered SuperMacro on my camera today :)
  20. U

Hi Everyone

I have just started with my first South Western Carpet. He is currently being a bit defensive, but hopefully we can become friends.
  21. F

My latest enclosure - HUGE!!

It's 1800 high (including cupboards below-600) 600 deep 1800 wide and weighs a TON! This wasn't actually that hard to make. I designed it for minimal cutting, 9 sheets of pine 600x1200x4mm. The front is perspex with a wood frame, mounted on wardrobe rollers, and the rail at the top is mounted...
  22. subtleone

Help with ceramic heat emitter lamp

hey all, am in the process of building my first enclosure for my familys future snake. Am using plans i found thru the forum here, going to be roughly 1200x600x550, made out of black melamine 16mm thick. have been searching to find the asnwer to my question but cant find an exact answer so be...
  23. P

A quick question about heating

My friend and i were talking about the heating in the enclosure for my spotted python. I have a heatcord under the flooring in the enclosure and a thermostat set to 32. He said that i shouldn't have the heat on in summer but im pretty sure that they need the ability to reach the heat all year...
  24. Hazordous-Herps

Whats you Favourite Carpet python

Hey everyone, I would like to know what is you favorite species of Morelia. I currently own a Jungle carpet python and even thought he is a feisty little guy I wouldn't have him any other way. But I want to know what you guys think so vote for the best one in your mind.
  25. Freakish13

Who is breeding what?

Im not sure if this is the right place to write this but i was wonder what everyone is breeding this season? Thanks people
  26. B

Whats a snake i can hold alot?

Hi, in the past me and my family have had lots of pets, two of them being snakes (stimpsons python and black headed python). I am looking for a snake for myself, and saw the green tree snake. This snake is quite inpressive with its appearence, but I have seen that you cant hold it alot. I am...
  27. Y

My swcp pics :)

some pics of my south western carpet python :) will be 7 months old this month
  28. Y

Snake danger to infants?

Hey guys ;) new to this, please forgive me if this has been covered. Im currently recearching what to get as my first snake, im leaning towards a stimsons, carpet, or spotted python. I was talking to a guy at work and he said i shouldnt get a snake bacause me and my partner have a very young...
  29. Gazza90

First really decent handle!!

Hey! Another first-time-snake-owner thread, sorry in advance!! So I've had wee Flynn out quite a few times since I've had him, usually for about 5 or 10 minutes before he gets a tad too fiesty and needs to be put back away. I've had a lot of trouble with getting him out of his enclosure (He's a...
  30. weasleish

South-Western Carpet Python

Hey, i have a 4 year old female South Western Carpet Python and am looking for a male to start breeding with her. If anyone has one available around the same age/size, please let me know. Located in Western Australia, i'd add a picture but i don't know how... Thanks, Glen
  31. SpilotaFreak78

South Western Carpet Pythons

I realise that WA has these legal rules about importing/exporting, but why is it so hard to get hold of just one type of snake? I have a list of the differnt types I am after for my classics collection to try out for breeding and have these on my list, both the inland and coast locality types...
  32. jacks-pythons

Coastal carpet species code and scientific name

As the title says I'm looking for the species code and scientific name of that coastal carpet python. I can't find it on the species list for NSW. They have coastal X breeds but not the pure coastal. Anyone with the info would be much appreciated as I can never get through to talk to the...
  33. Gazza90

Very shy SWCP

Hey everyone, I was just curious about my South Western Carpet Python being so shy. I've had him for about 3 or 4 weeks now and he is adamant on staying up in the corner of his enclosure, on top of the backing, behind leaves. I think it has more to do with settling in to his new enclosure, still...
  34. Gazza90

Hey !!

Hey guys and girls! How are we all? I'm Gary and I've just broken my herp-virginity! I'd done a whole lot of research, books/internet etc. and read a lot on here, so when I bought my little SWCP two weeks ago, I though I'd make a membership here and join in on the fun :P I've always had a huge...
  35. Jake007

Length or hight

Makes 2 cages just wondering what would be better length or hight ??? 1800 high or 1800 long ???? 600 1000
  36. gardinator

Suddenly Agressive Python

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my problem. I own a southwestern carpet python and he is just over a year old has always been quite an agitated snake but has only ever bitten me once, i fed him last Thursday and usually i wont handle him for 2-3 days after he has eaten...
  37. Wildlifebabe

Hiya! New to this.

Hey all fellow reptile owners, Good to find a forum website where advice is given when needed. I'm new to owning a reptile however have worked and done handling courses on them. Partner and I currently own a Marbled Gecko. Haven't named it yet, although from what I know he is a male. Few photos...
  38. MiddleOfNowhere

My Pets. Pic Heavy

Well i have a bit of a menagerie, but here's are a few of what i have. Frilly Carpets (Morelia Spilota Imbricata) Stimmies Womas Beardies (Pogona Minor) Frogs Galahs Pomeranians Lorikeets MON
  39. davobmx

How Often Do You Feed?

Simple question: how often do you feed your python and what species is it?
  40. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  41. GeckPhotographer

WA The Southwest Section. Heaps of reptile pics.

So not so long ago I was over in WA for a bit more than two weeks. The trip was with my family celebrating my finishing school and was primarily with the aim of finding as many geckos as possible. We started off in Perth where I got to see a couple new species for me, both little brown...
  42. yiasafrai

South western carpet python help!!! (feeding and handling)

i bought a south-western carpet python hatchie about 3-4 weeks ago (it was born in march) to my knowledge s/he's already shed once. the sellers said they were feeding it 2xweekly so i've been doing the same i take the snake out of the cage (takes ages because s/he's not used to handling yet) and...
  43. S

Morelia Spilota Imbricata, Perth

Hi everyone, A few months ago I bought my first snake and haven't looked back. He is truely awesome and I can see why people get so into having pet reptiles. I do think he needs a girlfriend though. Where is the best place to find a female Imbricata in Perth....particularly one with an...
  44. yiasafrai

New hatchie Python - enclosure HELP

so i just got my category 3 WA reptile license yesterday and i've been asking around about hatchies for both stimmies and south-western caprets. i did some research and i bought a 900x400x400mm aquarium/reptile enclosure. i went to talk to a reptile pet shop owner about getting a hatchie. he...
  45. littlemay

Sexy Snakes!

Snuffles was looking particularly gorgeous this morning so i thought i'd take some pics! Decided to compare with some older pics and I'm amazed at how different he looks from when i first got him, every week he's looking more and more lovely.
  46. N

National parks and wildlife, trying to stop reptile x breeding.

My dad has been working away for a few weeks, and has been listening to Abc radio, he heard that NP&W are trying to stop X breeding of Australian reptiles, in Australia, as they don't want the Australian reptile keeping industry turning into a hybrid mad country like USA. I don't know to much...
  47. U

SWCP males bigger than females?

South West Carpet Pythons - Are the males bigger than femals, or the other way around? Or is it much of a muchness and sex dousn't dictate its size?
  48. KaotikJezta

My new Gammon Ranges carpet python

This is my new little guy I picked up last weekend. Big thanks to Axeman78. He is a lovely natured little guy, not at all scared. I got him on Sunday, got back at midnight, put him in a temporary click clack until Monday when he moved to this one and with all that initial disruption he still ate...
  49. S

WA is asking for your help!!!!!!!!!

What’s in it for the other States? When reptile keeping became legal in WA nearly 10 years ago a large number of animals were able to be exported to the other states of Australia. Animals such as: Pilbara Stimson pythons Wheatbelt Stimson Pythons Pilbara Woma’s Pilbara BHP’s Kimberley BHP’s...
  50. H

upgrade food size

i just feed my baby southwestern carpet python its 2nd pinkie mice in the last two nights and the second one he ate it backwards. should i feed him something bigger like a pinkie rat?
Back