varanus keithhornei

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ekans

What's your holy grail of reptiles?

What's that one native snake, lizard, invertebrate etc that you want to someday own but your skill, its care is slightly intimidating or its rarity is holding you back? :)
  2. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  3. baker

Canopy goanna (V, kiethhornei)

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on these guys? As anyone other than Australia zoo collected and tried breeding before? Thanks in advance Cameron.
  4. Z

Emerald Tree Monitor (Varanus prasinus)

Hey Guys, was reading a monitor book in the library and came across a picture of an Emerald Tree Monitor. it says it was mainly distributed in PNG but could be found in islands within the Torres strait and cape York peninsular QLD. They look absoloutly amazing and I was wondering if they...
  5. sharpshot232

Fijian iguanas

I love thesE animals I wish they weren't illegal as they are up there with the gtp for me. Are they illegal cause of the risk of being the new cane toad or does it pose a pest and diesease risk . Shorely the southern Australian environment can't sustain run aways . What are the views of the...
  6. ruralreptiles

Desert Pygmy Goanna (Varanus eremius)

Dose anyone keep any of these goannas
  7. pythonkisses

If You Had

just something a bit fun.......... If you Had the choice between having $1,000 cash in your hands or your pick of reptiles what reptile would you pick and why..... You can only pick ONE REPTILE i know this is going to be hard for some but only one Mine would be...... Pick one...
  8. Moclobe

Emerald Monitors

Does anyone in Australia currently hold Varanus parsinus in captivity? What would people pay for these monitors if you could keep them?
  9. jimmy_the_kid

Twilight Goanna (Varanus glebopalma)

On the herp tarder there is six of these guys for sale for $10,000 . Sez there are the frist in captivity sounds intresting. I was just wondering if anybody here has kept one or more of these before.
  10. dan_lizard

Monitor Question

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is..... What do you think the easiest monitor to keep is?
Back