hemisphaeriodon gerrardii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Iguana

Swollen Throat?

Hey everyone, My Pink Tongue Skink has what I like to call a 'tegu neck', that is the space between his head and forelimbs (?) is kinda puffy and large, like a tegu. From what I recall he's had this since I've gotten him but I believe it's gotten larger, also I'm not even sure if there's even...
  2. Iguana

Cage Pacing

hey everyone, it's my first time brumating my reptiles, and it's been a learning curve so far. I've dropped the heat, in time not temperature, and taken away about 2 hours of lighting for everyone. But I don't know if they are actually 'brumating' or not, I say this because both my Diamond...
  3. Iguana

Please Help On New Pts.

Hey everyone, So I finally got my pink tongue skink, and admittedly I did get it from a pet store, although a reptile one. The guy who sold me the skink (said he used to keep them) said that all they needed was banana, dog/cat food and snails, and I believe that's all it's been fed on. This...
  4. Iguana

Tank Help-pts

hey everyone, Going to be getting a pink tongue skink very soon hopefully, I'm starting to look at all the bits I need for the tank. I was wondering if I could an opinion on a couple of things; -I'm leaning towards getting a glass enclosure, purely because I am considering putting live plants...
  5. bluedragon

skink ID

had this skink years ago dont know what it was i saved it ad released it back in to the wild it had a cut tail a tick in the eye crushed jaws
  6. Stompsy

Advice Needed!

Hi Guys, I have a Pink Tongue Skink, he/she is only young and has an attitude problem. I was under the impression that a lot of Pink Tongue Skinks were like this, but alas, whilst picking up a new reptile on Saturday (not a PTS), I was able to interact with a wonderful little PTS with the same...
  7. Stompsy

Mites on garden snails and slugs

Hi guys, So, I found a massive slug in my garden the other day and retrieved it for Pinch, my pink tongue skink, only to discover a multitude of creatures running all over it. Was reminiscent of a horror scene. https://vimeo.com/183452779 Threw it back in the garden and used the power of...
  8. eipper

Let's see herp rooms and cages.....

Hi all, Due to risk of disease etc I very rarely have people over and are even less likely allow people into our herp room. However you cannot get bugs from photos so.....
  9. Iguana

Pink tounge skink care

Looking at getting a pink tongue skink, and had a couple of questions that many caresheets seem to answer differently. More of a snake person so my knowledge on skinks is pretty limited, so if anyone owns any or had any experience with them input is greatly appreciated :) 1) tank size, is a 2ft...
  10. Stompsy

Pink Tongue Skinks

Hi guys! I've been trying to find care sheets and such on Pink Tongue Skinks but haven't really been able to find any! The interwebs seem to have general articles but no definitive husbandry requirement sheets. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this information? Also...
  11. Herpo

A Change of Plans

Hi all, So basically, a few changes have occurred. We might not be moving at all (whoo) or be moving to a smaller house than we thought. This means that sadly, and olive python may not be a realisable goal as of now. So I'm seizing the opportunity for lizards. I'm looking for something that: -...
  12. B

Identification of Lizard in Lamington National Forest

Came across this lizard in Lamington National Forest (SE QLD) this weekend. At first I thought (and maybe correctly) that it was a juvenile blue tongue lizard. The shape, striping and tongue color (blue) were all consistent with what I know of the reptile. BUT, the tongue was forked and quickly...
  13. G

Enclosure planning, am I on the right track?

Hey everyone, So I'm in the process of planning a enclosure for my Woma and maybe one to stack on top for a future scaly friend and was looking for some feed back to see if I'm on the right track. So planning to build a 1200x600x450mm (LxWxH) from ply wood, 12mm back, top and sides and 18mm...
  14. MathewD

Pink Tongue Skink Lizards for Sale NSW Central Coast

Scientific Name- Hemisphaeriodon gerrardii Common Name -Pink Tongue Skink Age -Hatchlings Size -Baby 6cm Quantity Available 6 Bred By Me General Description- Hemisphaeriodon gerrardii, pink-tongued skinks, AKA, pink-tongued lizards You MUST HAVE A REPTILE LICENSE- Great unique...
  15. richoman_3

Couple herping shots

Draco sp. (Flying Dragon) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Northern Ridge-tailed Monitor (Varanus primordius) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Slaty-grey Snake (Stegonotus cucullatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Roth's Tree Frog (Litoria rothi) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus...
  16. N

"advance" puppy food for a blue tongue

Hey, I want to start adding dog food to my blue tongue's diet. He isnt eating very well and he is getting skinny. I tried dog food in the past and he really liked it. "Advance" puppy food was recommended to me but i noticed that all their dog food contains rice. Could i feed him a chicken and...
  17. o-Lara-o

Pink Tongue Skink

Scientific Name Cyclodomorphus gerrardii Common Name Pink Tongue Skink * * * SOLD Pending Pickup
  18. GC_Pet_Centre

Pink Tongue Skinks

Scientific Name Cyclodomorphus gerrardii Common Name Pink Tongue Skinks Age 2 months Size Approximately 20cm (TL) Quantity Available 10 General Description 10 pink tongue skink juveniles available each with different degrees of patterning and some are nearly patternless. Feeding on...
  19. warren63

Pink tongue skink trio

Scientific Name Cyclodomorpus gerrsrdii Common Name Pink tongue skink Age 3 years Size Adult Quantity Available 3 sold together $300. Eating cat food and snails Bred By General Description Location Varsity lakes. Gold cossy Willing to Freight? No...
  20. NickGeee

WTB pink tongue skink

hello, I am after a one or few young pink tongue skinks around the Melbourne area. Will pay $100 plus for the right animal Pm please!
  21. book

Baby Pink Tongue Skinks

Cyclodomorphus gerrardii Pink Tongue Skinks Born 31/10/13 Quantity Available: 6 Bred By Me General Description $100 each. Will reduce price for multiple purchase. Photos of parents and babies below. Feeding primarily on Nature's Gift canned dog food. Also feed...
  22. T

How many different snake species have you seen in your own yard?

I was just reading another thread which got me thinking about how many species of snakes I've spotted in my yard. On an acreage block in SEQ, I have seen a couple of RBBs pass through. There was a communal nest of yellow-faced whip snakes under the thicket adjacent to the house. I once removed...
  23. PythonOwner25

Hunter Valley Sep 2013 "PIC HEAVY"

Hey all. I flew up to NSW last week for some herping around the Hunter Valley with a few mates. After getting off the plane, we went for a poke around some spots in Newcastle. First finds were a young Marsh Snake and She-oak Skink. Marsh Snake (Hemiaspis signata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife...
  24. J-A-X

ID please

I don't own this pic, it was posted on an airbrush forum as a reference pic - they're debating what it actually is - some are saying a blue tongue, others have suggested a savannah monitor. Can anyone confidently ID this guy ? I can't even tell you if it's exotic or not.
  25. GC_Pet_Centre

Pink Tongue Skinks

Scientific Name Cyclodomorphus gerrardii Common Name Pink Tongue Skink Age Born 26/12/2013 Size SVL approx 9 cm TL approx 21cm Quantity Available 3 General Description We have 3 pink tongue skinks born around Christmas time, eating well on live snails. Location Burleigh Willing to...
  26. S

Pink Tongue Skink Sick

Hello We have a pink tongue skink which has started frothing at the mouth and oozing clear fluid ? Its right eye has also gone white ? Any ideas
  27. C

First ever snake bite!

I got bitten by my coastal carpet python for the first time ever today! He is around 1.2m but I have only had him for a few months - he is my first snake and I had always been so scared of getting bitten! Now I don't know why! It didn't hurt at all, but I'm lucky he let to straight away...
  28. H

Coffs Harbour

Hi all iv just moved to coffs and was wondering if there's many ppl around here with different herps and curious to see what is available near me :)
  29. caleb96

What Reptiles could live in this?

Hey guys, i have a 2ft long x 2ft high x 1.5ft deep Exo-Terra tanks i want to have some use out of it so i was wondering what reptiles could live in this for its whole life? is there any type of Pygmy Monitor that could live in it? Cheers Caleb.
  30. Jlaw0786

Caring for Pink tongue skinks

Hi all, today I was lucky enough to get my hands on a beautiful pink tongue skink off a person that couldn't keep it anymore, I've researched a bit about the basics of caring for them but have found that there's not a heap of info out there and that the few sites I have seen have had some pretty...
  31. book

Baby Pink Tongue Skinks

Scientific Name Cyclodomorphus gerrardiii Common Name Pink Tongue Skinks Age Born November 2012 Size 7cm SVL Quantity Available 5 Bred By me General DescriptionFeeding on dog food blended with a small amount snails. Will discount price on one with regenerating tail...
  32. benny

Help ID My new little Friend

Hello. I rescued this little lizard from our kitten yesterday. He is in good shape, quite small, he even squarkes at us. Can someone ID him for us? What do they eat and drink? What is the best way to look after him? We get a lot of blue tounge's around but he looks a lot different.
  33. kankryb

Cyclodomorphus

Hi, I am new on this forum but been keeping Cyclodomorphus gerrardi for 30 years I live in Denmark and I cant get hold of other species of Cyclodomorphus here so I would like to see what Cyclodomorphus species you guys keep and work with downunder. I hope you have plenty of pics with animals and...
  34. P

Pink tongue skink

After an adult if anyone knows someone or somewhere in Vic who has one for sale please pm me thanks
  35. Scribble_pants

Blueys, some questions

I have loads of questions, hopefully everyone can add what they know. first, how many types of blueys are there? how different from each other are they? did I hear about a Tasmanian bluey? What temperatures should they have for what times of the year and seasons and at what age should they...
  36. KaotikJezta

New Bearded Dragon, Updated Boyds, GWD's

Thought I would post some pictures. The first is of my new little female beardie, the next is an update on my sub adult GWD who I am thinking is a girl. and who came to me suffering MBD and couldn't climb. Her legs are back to normal and even some of her toes are looking less deformed. Then my...
  37. caleb96

Show us your Reptiles :)

Hey Guys, just wanted to see some reptiles that you keep :) Here are mine :) 1.Water Dragon, 2.Diamond python she's for sale at the moment, 3.Port mac intergrade male, 4.Nt Tanami woma female I'm hoping she is gravid, 5.port mac intergrade female, 6. blue tongue lizard, 7. male Nt Tanami Woma...
  38. Grogshla

Id this skink

My girlfriends friend said this little critter was in her shed. She snapped a photo for an Id then let it back out where it was. Roughly 25-30cm long total length. Found around Sydney area.
  39. Justdragons

They eat better than I do

For the beardies and a few snakes today.. You can see they are keen :) And a massive late thanks to debs dragons for my new girl penny. She is a lovely young beardie who has been a pleasure.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. Trench

Time between clutchs

Hi guys "N" girls :) On 5th my SAHD laid 4 eggs, I have read that they can have multiple clutches in a season so would like to know how long on average it will be before she is gravid again? She is has been powering down her food ever since she laid her clutch, the little pig :) Thanks Trench...
  41. S

Natural Enclosures, I,ll show ya mine if you show me yours.

Some enclosures inspired by nature.
  42. B

Pink tongue skink cares

Hey guys. I recently bought myself a baby pink tongue skink. I'm not sure how old it is but it still has a blue tongue. My question is entirely about feeding. I've read online that they almost exclusively eat snails and slugs and shouldn't be fed frozen veggies due to some chemical. What can I...
  43. C

Look who I found!

I was walking from my car earlier, and spotted this little fella, he's a cute little bluey (I hope he's a bluey), I went to pick him up, he was actually alright to handle, but I looked at his belly, and I don't know much about blue tongue's, but have a look at the picture, I fed him a few...
  44. R

breeding pink tongue skinks

is breeding pink tongues the same as blue tongues I've given up looking on google because all it has is blue tongue stuff and i already know all that
  45. greggles91

Herp or Reptile Societies

hey guys, just a quick question, i want to get involved with a herpetological or reptile society but the closest one to me the australian herpetological society seems to have disappeared? sites out dated and all links revert back to home screen. any one know whats going on? or knows of a...
  46. G

AHS Meeting Wednesday 15/02/12 - Dr David Vella

Dr David Vella, Exotics Veterinarian will be speaking on veterinary experiences with reptiles, both pet and wildlife. Hope to see you there! Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts - Mitchell Theatre 280 Pitt Street Sydney, Australia. 7pm for a 7.30pm start GIRD
  47. R

pink tongue skinks

how does every one heat there pink tongue skinks and what lightings does every one use for lighting with them and diet ?
  48. abnrmal91

Xmas shopping for snakes

Its funny most normal people are panicking trying to buy food for Xmas eve/Xmas day, trying to buy prawns and other seafood. Where I was panicking that I needed to contact my rat breeder (stuffed up my calcs of what I needed and what was actually in the freezer lol) as I need more rats before...
  49. GC_Pet_Centre

Pink Tongue Skinks

Scientific Name Cyclodomorphus gerrardii Common Name Pink Tongue Skink Age Various Size Adult and Sub Adult Quantity Available 4 Location Gold Coast Willing to Freight? Yes Contact Details Visit us in store 4/110 Kortum Drive, Burleigh, Qld Ph: 07 5576 8766 PM or Email...
  50. animal805

Confused

I have a Pink tongue skink and some are saying I need UV and others are saying no? My point is the skink hides all day and only comes out at night during the warmer months so UV seems to be a waste but he comes out for a few hours during the day in cooler times, but only to bask for short...
Back