cacophis krefftii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  2. thomasssss

golden crown or other possibilities

ok so just failed at attempting to catch a small snake about 15 cm(make that 20/25cm just looked at a ruler ) that looked very much like a young golden crowned snake , only thing thats got me thinking that it might not be is that it was in a very dry/hot area in my backyard in amongst a heap of...
  3. jordanmulder

Herping north of coffs harbour

Ok so I went herping with Stephen around Coffs harbour and north of it. I had a great time and found many new species which pleased me. The last few shots are from around the hunter valley after we came back. The quality of my shots will vary because I was borrowing different equipment at...
  4. Dusty62

what did the cat drag in

A friend had a snake dragged in by his cat it appears to me to be a Golden Crown Snake but we are located in Nowra on the South Coast 3 hours south of Sydney. The snake is in my care now and I was hopping to release it back into the wild but where??? The people that found it had been away to the...
  5. G

AHS Meeting Wednesday 15/02/12 - Dr David Vella

Dr David Vella, Exotics Veterinarian will be speaking on veterinary experiences with reptiles, both pet and wildlife. Hope to see you there! Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts - Mitchell Theatre 280 Pitt Street Sydney, Australia. 7pm for a 7.30pm start GIRD
  6. ad

Tiny Snake!!

Here is an old pic I found, this little guy was found in leaf litter in a suburban garden at The Gap. Cheers Adam
  7. MontePython

ID please

Found this fellow and 2 of its mates amongst mums retaining wall today along with plenty of gravid legless lizards(orange bellied ones) and some skinks. He posed well for the set up photo:D before being released back into the scrub much to mums dissmay and protest. Sorry for the quality of the...
  8. Poggle

Understanding Identification.

Hi all, I am making this thread to assist with people making I.D's of snakes. Have been alot of threads lately and people guessing at I.D's. So i am making this thread for it. Please feel free to post pics of snakes for peopleto try and figure out what it is. Please explain your reasons for...
  9. P

need snake identified please?

Hi everyone earlier this evening i found a smallish dark brown coloured looking snake underneath the cat litter tray it would be no more than 20cm long if that very slender and has a yellow line under its head almost straight across unlike the crowned snake???? which goes full around like a...
  10. Eddie2257

can anyone ID this snake?

can anyone id this? im on the central coast nsw, its not me holding it btw it a kid i know.
  11. niggz

Snake ID please

This photo was sent to me by a friend. It was found in a wood heap in his back yard on the the coast just south of Newcastle. It regurgitated a skink soon after. I thought possibly Cacophis krefftii - Southern Dwarf Crowned Snake?? And before everyone says "he shouldn't be handling a snake...
  12. cement

Some ID fun for the newies.

I thought I'd have some fun and post some shots of a snake i recently caught and see who can ID it first. For the newbs, so you hard core seasoned herps with venom in your veins keep it to yourself eh! ok first photo will put another one up tomorrow!
  13. Gecko75

Reptiles and Amphibians of the mid north coast

Just thought I would post a few herping pics, don't want to leave anyone out that doesn't use the other forums. you now know who I am if you already didn't, enjoy. these are the species I have managed to photograph. Agamidae Amphibolurus muricatus Jacky Lizard These lizards are very...
  14. F

Hypsilurus spinipes spotting...

Hello, My Name is Felix. Im a semi-experienced aquarist wanting to look into herptology:D I'm intent on Hypsilurus spinipes as a first lizard, but first would like to observe them in wild. Going to lamington national park this weekend, any spotting tips? Thanks!
  15. Lonewolf

anyone breed dwarf crowned snakes (cacophis krefftii)

hey we are looking for any one that keeps and breeds dwarf crowned snakes and if so how much would we be looking at
  16. ryanharvey1993

Smiths lake AHS field trip

Here are a few pictures from the AHS field trip to Smiths Lake, the following species were found while herping. Amphibians Litoria barringtonensis Leaf-green Tree Frog Litoria chloris Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria fallax Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog Litoria latopalmata Broad-palmed Frog Litoria...
  17. Fuscus

Friday night trip

Did my usual night trip though to Colondale ranges. Not many herps, only 3 snakes and a pink-tongue but loads of furballs including a female (they are all female at this time of year) antechinus with two near-term young on her back and loads of deer. Drove back along a new path I mapped out on...
  18. Nephrurus

Hardcore Herping, sleepless nights : Episode 2

After the relatively dismal haul the night before, we decided that an effort should be made to get some slightly different species. Hazzard, Maddog77 and myself jumped in my car and headed northish. Maddog77 had previously been up this way following rain and found 16 species of frogs in 4kms of...
  19. MatE

Snake identification

While at work the excavator was digging up the side of the road clearing away some camfaloral trees.And one of the boys came up to me and said you better go check whats in the bucket.And sitting on top of the dirt was a little snake he was roughly 300-350mm long and as thick as a pen.I found a...
  20. Manda1032

What am I???

I live near Nanango QLD and I found this guy about 15 minutes ago. He was quite narky when I tried to shoo him off with a hook. He was approx 30cm long and had no traction on the cement. Any ID would be great as all my books are in boxes still!
  21. croc_hunter_penny

Cacophis breeders

Does anyone know if there are any cacophis species in captive collections or being bred anywhere in Australia? I'm particularly interested in cacophis kreffti or Southern Dwarf Crowned Snake. It is probably one of the only elapid species I wish to own (in the foreseeable future) so I don't...
  22. F

Identification

Hi All, I found inside our house what appears to be a Golden-crowned Snake or Cacophis squamulosus of the Family Elapidae. However, I was under the impression that they were more Queensland based and I’m on the Central Coast in NSW. Does anyone know whether it might be more likely to be a...
  23. croc_hunter_penny

can i own..?

Hey guys I was just looking at some snake site and they had a picture of what they called a "Dwarf Crowned Snake" cacophis krefftii and I was wondering if you can buy these? I have a QLD recreational licence. I am assuming that because it is an elapid, I would need a venomous licence even if it...
  24. O

Snake Identification

Hi, Just a quick question about this snake. I just found it on my driveway, i live on the outskirts of Toowoomba (southeast queensland) and have never seen a snake like it before. It has a very peculiar yellow and brown splotch on its head and its eyes are very hard to distinguish. It is...
  25. zeke

Colubrids and Elapids on recrational licence

i just want to know what Colubrids and Elapids u can have on a recrational licence
  26. Hetty

What kind of snake is this?

My friend found this on the mid-north coast of NSW (Coffs Harbour). Sorry, the picture isn't very clear.
  27. AGAMIDAE

Quick Qwiz for newbies

be fair let the newbies answer.... Are there insectivorous (eats insects) snakes in Australia?
  28. A

snake identifation

hi all, i will post a pic asap but my wife has the camera, now wile cleaning my yard i have found a snake. its about 15cm long all brown BUT has a white necklace. stream line head not agressive at all. it has no blemishs at all all brown I'm gessing a brown or king but i dont know the thing...
Back