eremiascincus richardsonii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ingie

2 Broad Banded Sand Swimmers

Scientific Name Eremiascincus richardsonii Common Name Broad Banded Sand Swimmers Age 1.5 Size Adult Quantity Available 2 Bred By Garry Mudge General Description 2 Broad banded sand swimmers. Suspected male and female, but not 100% sure. Location Cooroy QLD Willing to Freight...
  2. chimerapro

Darling Downs Herp Society

Thought I'd start a specific thread to see what interest people have in joining The Darling Downs Herpetological Society. This society will mainly focus on education and field herpetology with a strong aim towards local and national reptile conservation projects and beginner education in regards...
  3. JasonL

Broad-Banded Sand Swimmers

Scientific Name Eremiascincus richardsoni Common Name Broad-Banded Sand Swimmer Age hatchies Size small Quantity Available 6 Bred By me General Description Voracious little skinks that live under sand, eat insects and tinned meat Location Sydney Willing...
  4. GeckPhotographer

A couple of recent herping photos part 2 of 2.

So recently I've been doing a bit of herping here and there. My aim for herping this year was to get my list of species of Australian reptiles seen (and positively ID'd) to 200 species. Having completed this earlier this year (in a thread yet to be posted), I decided to head to Qld with some...
  5. S

lizards

hi guys and gals i have a 600mm long by 300mm wide and 400mm high what lizard should i get i have has bearded dragons but looking for something different what do you guys think
  6. D

NT & Qld herping trip - Western Brigalow Belt - Mt. Isa (Massive DUW)

Sorry guys but this is going to be one of 3 or 4 massive posts, this one covering the Western Brigalow Belt to Mt. Isa in October last year. I will try to leave as many boring species out as possible, the link above it will take you to my unfinished website that is a long way from completion, so...
  7. ParanoidPython

Broad Banded Sandswimmers - Eremiascincus Richardsonii

Scientific Name Eremiascincus Richardsonii Common Name W.A braod banded sandswimmers Age Hatched 20/11/10, 25/12/10, 22/1/11 Sex unknown Size small Quantity Available 12 Price $40 Bred By us General Description Healthy, colourful little skinks ,feeding well on crickets...
  8. ParanoidPython

Major, striolata (tree), golden water skinks and sandswimmers

Common Name Major skink (bellatorias frerei) Tree skink (egernia striolata) Golden water skink (eulamprus quoyii) Broad barred s/swimmer (eremiascincus richardsonii) Age babies Sex unknown Size small Quantity Available Major skinks - 5 Tree skinks - 3 Golden water skinks -8...
  9. ParanoidPython

Broad Banded Sandswimmers - Eremiascincus Richardsonii

Scientific Name Eremiascincus Richardsonii Common Name broad banded Age hatched 20/11/10 and17/12/10 Sex unknown Size small Quantity Available 10 Price $45 ea Bred By us General Description Great little skinks, feeding well on crickets and termites. Location Bundaberg...
  10. M

SW QLD Herping Trip Part 2 - Other lizards

This is part 2 of Dan and my South-Western QLD herping trip. I've already covered the dragons and monitors in part 1 so in this thread I'll cover the skinks and legless lizards. We saw a huge variety of different skink species but the majority just look like different sized/patterned 'garden'...
  11. trogdor1988

Geck questions

Ok ok, so the curse of the herps has struck me again and i find myself in need of more reptiles. After only buying my first Eremiascincus richardsonii last week to add to my ever growing collection of critters im now looking for more geckos, but to be more specific some velvet geckos. Not to...
  12. JasonL

Lizards for sale

Broad Banded Sand Swimmer hatchies, Eremiascincus richardsonii (6) Northern Velvet Gecko hatchies, Oedura castelnaui (2) for sale, Pick-up only (Sydney), Must have Lic. Phone 0409485527 or PM.
  13. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt3

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks (Continued) This post will include photos of skinks only. It is the third of a series of four posts. EREMIASCINCUS -- "Sand-swimmers". A genus of 2 skinks that are widespread in the interior. They have glossy scales and are excellent burrowers. Broad-banded...
  14. smacdonald

Brigalow Belt pics

This year I've been out to the southern brigalow belt twice. Once to look for pale-headed snakes (which slacker has already mentioned), and another time to look for yakka skinks. Both trips were successful. My yakka skink trip took place over the long weekend, and I saw three new species (new to...
  15. moloch05

Pics from South Australia Trip 2 -- Broken Hill/Fowler's Gap

On the way to/from South Australia, I camped near Fowler's Gap along the Broken Hill to Tibooburra road in far northwestern New South Wales. This area is about a 15 hour drive from Wollongong so it is a good place to spend the night. The habitat here is incredibly bleak with many gibber flats...
  16. moloch05

pics from Hamelin Pool (Shark Bay), WA

Hamelin Pool is located at the southern end of Shark Bay and is not far west of the Coastal Highway. This site is best known for its stromatolites. These formations vaguely resemble coral but are produced by cyanobacteria. They are thought to be one of the earliest forms of life and were...
  17. Riley

Husqvarna RiderPro Mower : Y18178072-69T

Rider Pro 15 near new condition. Out-front 40inch sidethrow deck. V-Twin Kawasaki 15hp, one owner, well serviced. Extremely reliable, very manoeuvrable excellent always starts first time. Hydrostatic gearbox with 20cm turning circle...
  18. Riley

R.I.P. Jamie :(

:cry:
  19. V

opinions please

I have a 45*45*45 exo terra enclosure that will soon be free and I was wondering what I should put in it. I have a prefernce for skinks, because I have been told they are great fun. But I also like Geckos and Frogs. So, opinions please.... along with ease of care etc with the suggestions.
  20. JasonL

WA Broad Banded Sand Swimmers

I have 5 hatchling WA Broad Banded Sand Swimmers (Eremiascincus richardsonii) for sale, $50 each. Pick-up only. Great little lizards, eat anything "meat" dead or alive, though love to hunt. Glass tank, heatmat, & sand is all that is needed for these little guys. Unsexable as hatchlings, reach...
  21. JasonL

Sand Swimmer

WA Form, Male, 1 year old, adult size, Pick-up only. Pics on the way.
  22. rodentrancher

In our Backyard

Found this little guy in our backyard. Dave has lived here all his life and has never seen one before. Photo colouring not the best, but the light colour is very light tan with black stripes. It is called a Broad Banded Sand Swimmer, and usually live in arid, spinifex country.
Back