pseudonaja affinis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

Snake catching experiences

Hi everyone, As my herp addiction continues, I have realised I want to learn how to deal with venomous snakes, so I was wondering: -What was the first snake you caught, and how/why? -What tips / experience do you have to share with beginners who want to deal with vens? My personal experience...
  2. A

WA Elapid ID, please?

Hey everyone, My sister just sent me a pic of this (unfortunately dead) beauty and was hoping someone could provide a positive ID on it? Was taken in Mandurah, WA. I'm not hugely up on Elapid ID but I was thinking Dugite or Western Brown? She reckons it's about 2 metres, so probably 1-1.5. :D...
  3. vampstorso

Show us your Elapids!

I think these beauties certainly need their own dedicated thread for everyone to centrally drool over :P So show us those beauties!
  4. 76drew76

Big issue with snakes in yard

Hey guys, A mate of mine is having real issues with juvenile Dugites coming into his yard. Just today he has had to take his dog to the vet after it was bitten by a Dugite. This is the third Dugite of this size in the last month and there has been 2 in 3 days. In total this makes for 7 snakes...
  5. ChargerWA

Egernia Kingii eating chicks?

Hi All, I am missing a few newly hatched chicks. When I just went out to see what the commotion was and a King Skink came shooting out of the chook pen. Would a day old chicken be in the prey range for an adult King Skink? Wikipedia says not what they would normally eat, but I thought you...
  6. L

Snake in the roof Perth suburbs Help!

Snake in the roof Perth suburbs Help! SOLVED After hearing noises in the roof I went up for a look and was surprised to see 3 small fresh reptile droppings. I live next to Canning River in Thornlie. My question is would a young dugite live up there? Could it be a python in the burbs?? I am...
  7. A

GPS tracking bobtails and dugites in Perth

Hi All, I'm a PhD candidate at Curtin University in WA studying the impacts of urbanisation on reptiles using bobtails (Tiliqua rugosa) and dugites (Pseudonaja affinis) as models. One of my projects is studying how living in backyards and bush remnants in the city affects bobtails and dugites...
  8. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  9. Wild~Touch

How It All Started

Please share how you got into reptile keeping Always had a fascination A friend kept some reptiles Your kids wanted a snake My son wanted a snake from the time he could talk....LOL saw one in a pet shop in Melbourne and that was it
  10. jedi_339

Alteration of photos - is it cheating?

Hey All, After submitting a few photos for a reptile and amphibian photography competition with rules that allow some minor manipulation, it got me thinking, I (Prior to this competition) have never altered any of my photos and would rather take a great photo on the camera and if it doesn't...
  11. dragondragon

reptile licencing

How long do I have to renew my licence it expires today can I do it online I'm ready to upgrade to class 2 can I do that online also I'm from nsw thanks
  12. T

Introducing: Me! :D

Hello everybody! My name is Leslie and I have always been interested in reptiles. I am 23 and only today I saw a small display by the Snake Whisperer (Who I have seen is a member here on the forums) and found out just how easy it is to obtain a herpetology license and care for a reptile. With...
  13. richoman_3

Herp Trip to South Australia

Well last Tuesday night after watching some epic cricket, matthew (pythonwner or some boring name like that on here) got ready to get up at 4am to get a flight to Adelaide. Arriving at Adelaide we met up with JP from QLD and waited for shawn (rocket) to pick us up. We went to his house and saw...
  14. B

Can You Identify This Snake Please

I live in rural WA,my cat caught this snake yesterday in the yard,it was chewing on its tail,it was about 10 inches long, and the poor snake was attacking it in return,the cats alright but i had to kill the snake,its last 75 mm was gone,cat ate it. I think a Guarda? I saw a big 5 foot Guarda...
  15. J

Rode over an Elapid (maybe Western Brown) on my bike. Bitten? no pain?

Hey guys I went for a night ride at dusk (perfect time for snakes!) behind the local hospital with a group of 8 through the bush. Using a Nokia as a torch while riding, I happen to run over a 70cm Elapid, which I only saw, but couldn't stop in time on gravel. After I ran it over and stopped...
  16. D

Found a dugite in my house. Are there more around?

Hello. Today there was a baby dugite in our house hiding in a room. It is dead as our house is a daycare environment and we do have pets and it had to be killed. I'm sorry if you guys do not agree with this decision. But yes with this one in the house we're worried there may be more lurking...
  17. A

Help to identify snake (possibly brown snake)

Hi Everyone! I live in Perth, WA, and my coworkers found what I assume is a juvenile snake. They were going to kill it, and instead, I captured it, and plan on releasing it in the national park near my house. It is probably only 30 cm or shorter, and the width of a small finger. It has a black...
  18. S

Please help ID this snake

Hi all, I would just like some help identifying this snake. This snake was in my garden in perth, on Saturday evening at about 5:30, it didn't seem aggressive, just wanted to get away, ended up disappearing through the neighbours fence so I have no idea where it is now. I was just curious as to...
  19. Jonesy1990

My old man Found clutch of eggs hatching

I asked him if he damaged them. He said that was the only one they accidentally split and they all came out and starting jumping around everywhere haha
  20. C

Stimsons not eating....

Hey guys so ive had my stimmi for awhile and always strikes for food but last week she didnt really strike but opened her mouth and just sorta bit it ( did the tug a war effect ) then constricted the mouse..checked on the mouse the next morning and it was still there so i was like okay must not...
  21. Dutchy88

The appeal of venom ??

Just out of curiousity whats the appeal of owning venomous snakes? I've only been in the game a few years so maybe it hasn't click in me yet. But why would I want to house something that could kill me? I can't really interact with and just watch through the glass rather then have them sit on my...
  22. aspidito

From the Couriermail

A sad article - Very quick First Aid response to snake bites is absolutely critical. Grieving dad makes plea to cut snake deaths across Queensland | The Courier-Mail Also check out the GALLERY: Snakes and their snacks at the bottom, some interesting pictures.
  23. M

How dangerous are dugites?

Hey guys, I no this is probably one of the most stupid questions asked... But how dangerous are dugites? I live in the south west and I see them quite often, more than I'd like to ;) and my dog always chases after them... Aha I guess she thinks she's tough ;) aha anyway this would help :) thanks
  24. Jonesy1990

Name that snake.

Found about six of these guys the other day and heap of bobbies. [/IMG]
  25. Sezzzzzzzzz

Energy worker killed by Taipan

Energy worker killed by taipan - Seven News Queensland
  26. Rach85

Love this time of year but...

As the title says, I love this time of year, with the local reptiles being so active.. but im so sick of seeing all the dead ones on the road. Was at my parents house the other day, and Mum comes home saying 'there's a dugite on the side of the road, you better go help it before it gets run...
  27. Crotalid

Some of my venomous snakes

Just a random assortment of some of my collection. Sorry if the quality is reduced by the app!
  28. The Devil

Pics from West Oz.

A couple more pics my brother has sent me. These were taken around Norseman & Ceduna. I'll leave it for someone to identify them.
  29. H

8m python

Gday, over the last few weeks ive heard a number of reports from my neighbors about a python roaming around our street. We live next to dense bush land so we are all used to these visitors. The difference this time is that multiple people on different occasions have witnessed this monster...
  30. deebo

WA Trip

I drove over to WA from brissy a few months ago with my old man as for the last few years he has headed over to go looking for gold so I decided to the drive with him this year as in the past I have flown over and met him kalgoorlie. Wd didnt go to far from Kalgoorlie this time and only went...
  31. V

What's on your wishlist?

Hi Everyone, Just curious as to know what your "Reptile" wishlist is? I have noticed a few people talk about their wishlist, I cannot find any threads though. My Wishlist is: 1 Male NT BHP. Ocellate BHP's Chondro's Most Pythons actually :P RBB Mainland Tiger Snake De Vis's Banded Snake Greater...
  32. BrownHash

Another Snake Id

I've just been going through some old photos and I came across this one. I thought I would post it as I know how much everyone loves and Id thread. The photo was taken in the Pilbara region.
  33. S

Interesting name

Must be a bit of a slow news week for knox but this article was on the front page of our local newspaper.. HAVE YOUR SAY: Yarra Ranges Viper is a real charmer - Local News - News - Knox Leader
  34. Rach85

snake id?

just wanting an id on this pic. was found near Bunbury WA
  35. damian83

does anyone know how true this is?

10 most deadliest snakes?Top 10 Most Venomous Snakes! - YouTube
  36. C

Snake ID

Hi, These photos are from some years ago. They were taken close to the coast, just outside Albany, W.A. It's a while ago, but I think he was at least a metre in length, maybe more. Can anyone ID this fella please? :) Cheers, Chris
  37. M

What type of snake is this??

I was walking along the South Western Australian coast (near Denmark WA) and I nearly stepped on the snake below. It quickly moved away from me but was very calm once there was a 1 metre distance apart. It eventually slid into the rock and i didn't want to aggravate it any more. It was about...
  38. U

Armadale Reptile Park

..Just a few photo's of some of the amazing critters they have at Armadale Reptile Park. I took 244 photo's that day! :D
  39. News Bot

Woman stable after brown snake bite

A WOMAN has been flown to a central Queensland hospital after being bitten by a deadly brown snake. Published On: 06-Jan-12 04:25 PM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  40. Poggle

Understanding Identification.

Hi all, I am making this thread to assist with people making I.D's of snakes. Have been alot of threads lately and people guessing at I.D's. So i am making this thread for it. Please feel free to post pics of snakes for peopleto try and figure out what it is. Please explain your reasons for...
  41. Flexxx

Gday From Perth Wa

Gday im from perth and have been intrested by reptiles for as long as i can remember..expecialy snakes.. I have been a proud owner of a bunch of snakes for many years now mainly (stimpsons and carpets). Also being dumb enuf to try catch the ocasional tiger snake or dugite haha Cheers
  42. lizardman59

herping perth hills western brown

Herping in perth hills (Western brown) - YouTube yeh me and 69blottfilms69 found this western brown in our herping vid we made today alot better vid then the last one 69blottfilms69 is getting a canon 550d and im getting a nikon d70 for christmas so expect alot better quality soon but still the...
  43. Miffy

Help identifying this snake

I found this snake in my friends back yard in perth, any ideas what it is?
  44. lizardman59

Western brown (gwardar) found in Perth bush

A couple days ago me and a couple of my mates went herping and we saw our first Elapid in the bush so yeh my mate filmed it and uploaded it to his YouTube account also I'm not the One poking it with the stick also the filming Is pretty shaky and bad because we were in shock that we found one...
  45. S

Brown Snakes - Pseudonaja spp

We are looking for nice larger specimens of Eastern Brown Snakes - Pseudonaja textilis and Dugites - Pseudonaja affinis. We are prepared to pay freight where required. Adults are preferred however we will also look at well established sub-adults.
  46. $NaKe PiMp

Very unusual elapid i had to ID

well received a late night phonecall for the company i work for sydney snake catchers,from a vet regarding a snake that a german shepard was running around the backyard with in its mouth,and it was no small snake but a very burley black colored snake 1.5m long.The dog wouldnt drop it as...
  47. My_Snakey

No Grinner in WA :-(

My husband and I are moving to WA, but I have just been told by Domestic Quarantine that my Bredli Python, Grinner, isn't allowed into WA. Is this right? Is there no way that I can bring my much loved pet into WA? The man on the phone told me "Well atleast you know now and have time to give him...
  48. Australis

"King Skink Attacks Hopeless Dugite"

Anyone who likes skinks, will enjoy these videos. Probably the most interesting reptile video ive seen. While on the topic of King skinks, what do juveniles normally sell for on the east coast? Or are they mostly traded/hoarded by the Egernia (or what ever genus they are in these days)...
  49. saximus

Why do elapids have larger ventral scales than pythons?

Just one of those late night curiosities. Does this have something to do with the methods of locomotion or because of the methods of dispatching prey?
  50. I

Another New England "Puff Adder"!

Hi All, Here's another "Puff Adder"I've had in rehab now for several months following a severe "spading", from which no one thought he would recover. So glad we didn't euth now:)!! Just waiting a warm morning for release. Appologies for the thread title to any hot keepers.
Back