limnodynastes dumerilii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

Frog I.D.

We have these jumping around the yard at night, can anyone identify from these pictures? - - - Updated - - - In Vic
  2. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  3. richoman_3

Central Vic herping

Just a few pics of a good days herping in Central Victoria yesterday... Wood Geckos - Diplodactylus vittatus , are always a cute sight Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Pink-tailed...
  4. jordanmulder

This seasons Hauls (Pic heavy)

So I thought I'd post a thread sharing some of my photo's from this years sightings. I've been able to find a whole heap of new species for me in my local area, a rather broad definition of the word 'local' too. I will start with reptiles from the newcastle-central coast vicinity... Red belly...
  5. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  6. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  7. I

License question

​Can you get any frogs that don't require a license?
  8. cheekabee

Recent Herping pics

Just a few of my recent herping pics from around vic that I haven't posten on APS, ps some might be from last year. Snakes from around Melbourne Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr...
  9. richoman_3

Snakes and more c/vic herps!

Start with the crap snakes! Little Whip Snake (Parausta flagellum) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr False start! heres the ugly one! Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr A cooler Snake! Lowlands...
  10. richoman_3

Vic Mallee Herps !

Spent the Cup weekend at Little Desert and Big Desert with micah, steve, simon and alot of other really cool people ! It was my first time up to the mallee so i was really damn excited ! the first day kicked off well ! the skinks were common, but proved to be fast ! Obscure Skink (Morethia...
  11. richoman_3

Recent herping shots

just some recent finds :) off with the freddos !! these ewingii were pretty damn cool ! Brown Tree Frog (Litoria ewingi by Richoman_herps, on Flickr banjo frogs, seen quite a bit lately Eastern Banjo Frog (Limnodynastes dumerilii dumerilii) by Richoman_herps, on Flickr wonder if these...
  12. hodges

ID

Hello all, What species is this ? Sent from my T8697 using Board Express
  13. IgotFrogs

I have Tadpoles!!!! lol ....

I'm unsure what they are we live in Yass and unsure if anyone can ID them as yet ,,, the froggies set up a love shack in what is a disused pool at the moment ..... and there are 100's of the little things all different sizes
  14. Tassie97

New Rankinia diemensis

:D classic mnt drag basking position :) he is a cool lil fella
  15. Tassie97

NEW Hyper? Blotched Bluey!

hello got this bluey removed about 23 ticks but still a few more isnt she an interesting colour is she a stage of hyper? het maybe? and is it a boy or a girl thanks :) I can keep her cause i have a Tasmanian herp permit (just for all the APS experts)
  16. miss2

id?

found this little dude the other night and curious to know what he is? sorry for the crpy pics
  17. TassieHerper

My new additions to my collection

i have been given some new animals to my collection over the last week thanks to a few friends. i have xavarx7 (a member here)to thank for the frogs. Spotteds Marsh Frogs (Limnodynastes Tasmaniensis) X 3 Banjo frog (Limnodynastes Dumerilii) X 1 And Jim Aiken (Not a Member here) for...
  18. smacdonald

Day 1 - Sydney to Mudgee

Copied directly from my blog, so excuse the weird date references. This story takes place on the seventh of November, in the year two thousand and eight. -- Today I embarked on an Australian odyssey. I met a friend of mine, Richard Reams, at Sydney Airport and we headed off to pick up our...
  19. sassy

Frog Id Please

I am in Mlebourne, VIC. This is only the second (possibly the same damn frog) of these little fellas I have ever seen... any help would be appreciated, I'm not a froggy person. Sorry about the pics, I am not the best photographer, nor do I have a great camera. Thanks.
  20. GAZ-ROBOT

Frog ID

I was visiting my parents the other week and about an hour after a storm I counted 8 of these frogs hopping around there back yard so I took a photo of one, anyone know what type of frog it is??????
  21. Nephrurus

Herping out Shire way: A short, illustrated story.

Last saturday night I did the exact opposite of normal folk, I headed away from population centres and went herping. I'd been planning to do this for a few days, and although the day started well (hot and fairly humid) it suddenly got cold as a cool change moved through. Due to the cool temps...
  22. jordo

Bullfrogs

Went looking for snails last night after the rain and found 2 Eastern Bullfrogs, Limnodynastes dumerilii. enjoy.
  23. JasonL

Wild Copperheads

These were taken at the Snowy Mountains last year. A place I regularly go to. There are normally heaps of Snowy Mountains Banjo Frogs, (Limnodynastes dumerilii fryii), this time there were dead ones all over the place, and the reason why became very apparent, the pond was over-run by Copperheads.
Back