pseudemydura umbrina

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. News Bot

First artificial insemination of Yangtze giant softshell turtle

A female Yangtze giant softshell turtle (Rafetus swinhoei) -- potentially the last female of her species -- has been artificially inseminated. The procedure, which brought together top scientists from China, Australia and the United States, provides a ray of hope in a continuing effort to save...
  2. News Bot

Climate change threatens endangered freshwater turtle

Restricted to only one river system in Australia, the Mary River turtle could suffer multiple problems under climate change. Researchers have shown that higher nest temperatures can cause reduced swimming abilities and a preference for dangerous shallow waters in young turtles. Published On...
  3. camt44

turtles

hey all, i went to the macherps expo on the weekend (which was great) and i saw lots of turtles which i have always been interested in... a few questions though... what is the smallest one (do they all get as big as the long-necks?) that is readily available, as i don't have room for a big tank...
  4. Reptile_Boy

Pricey Geckos

Hey all. Just a question. you know how asper and amyae are highly priced geckos does the northen prickly knob tail (nephrurus sheai) get a high price as well AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY? they are all lovely lizards. AND ANY PICS OF YOUR PRICY LIZARDS AND THE PRICE U PICKED EM UP FOR AS...
  5. tszue

endangered reptiles

Hey im doing a school report on endangered reptiles. if enyone knows eny endagered reptiles preferebly snakes could you please post a replie. thanks
  6. dragon_tail

australias smallest turtle

what is australias smallest (and still obtainable) turtle? pics please if possible and any info on their size and temprement, im very interested in buying up some turtles lately!!!!
  7. mrmikk

'Restricted Reptiles' QLD EPA

What reptiles and amphibians, or can someone give me a link to this info, are deemed 'restricted reptiles and amphibians' as per the Qld EPA definition. Thanks in advance :-)
  8. shelli3

Looking for Turtles

I am looking for 2 turtles. Not the common ones though. I would prefer Emydura australis - Northwest Red Faced Turtle or Pseudemydura umbrina - swamp turtle. I am having trouble finding anything other than murray river or kreffts. Any ideas of where to go.
  9. E

Save the Mary River turtle petition-pls read!

Dear Members and Friends, I have just read and signed the petition: "Prevent the extinction of the unique, Australian Mary River Turtle! Stop the Mega-dam!" Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly...
  10. S

LOOKING FOR TURTLES

Hey everyone, I am looking to find out what the name is of the little turtle whos shell doesnt get any bigger than a 50 cent coin, and where i would be able to get some? Cheers Nikki
  11. G

Taking wild caught animals Part 54 (split from other topic)

More like: "if i drum enough interest in them, i will steal them in bulk from their natural habitat, torture them by putting them in a cage for the remainder of their lives and make money off suckers in other states for distribution of an animal that wont last 2 years (or the freight) and i...
  12. Gregory

Collecting Wild Reptiles.

I'll start this off by saying this is not a personal attack on the members of APS that do this. I have an inherent disgust that people in WA ( and other states and territories) are able to buy a licence and can then go out and collect wild reptiles and sell them for what is obviously very...
  13. P

turtle feeding

hey all, i was wondering what is the easiest and best method of feeding turts cause i just got a little eatan lonmg neck for my lil brother fo christmas and he doesnt seem to be going for the floating aquatic turtle feed i give him. cheer's, jeremy ps: answer ASAP as i dont have the net...
Back