crocodylus porosus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mrnofear

Wanting Saltwater Croc Hatchlings

Hi all I'm looking to buy a couple of Saltwater Croc Hatchlings if anyone has any! (Under 12mths old) I'm located in Vic n I have an Advance Wildlife License Please let me know by email or on here if u have any for sale. [email protected] Thanks
  2. Imported_tuatara

Victorian WildLIfe Licenses, Suck.

i know this is a pretty known thing, but honestly.........Examples:We can keep salties, yet not freshies. We can keep inland taipans, but not other python species......Oh, and we can keep a lace monitor on a Basic wildlife license, but not any rock monitors, on even advanced......Of course, i'd...
  3. baker

UQ herpetological society seminar

For anybody interested, the recently established University of Queensland herpetological society will be hosting the second lecture in their seminar series on the 25th of August at 7:30 pm. For this lecture, I will be presenting recent undergraduate research I have conducted on two potential...
  4. Ekans

What's your holy grail of reptiles?

What's that one native snake, lizard, invertebrate etc that you want to someday own but your skill, its care is slightly intimidating or its rarity is holding you back? :)
  5. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  6. richoman_3

Couple herping shots

Draco sp. (Flying Dragon) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Northern Ridge-tailed Monitor (Varanus primordius) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Slaty-grey Snake (Stegonotus cucullatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Roth's Tree Frog (Litoria rothi) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus...
  7. o-Lara-o

Saltwater Crocodile Juvenile

Scientific Name Crocodylus porosus Common Name Saltwater Crocodile Age Approximately 1 year Size 75cm (TL) Quantity Available 1 General Description Juvenile saltwater crocodile for sale. Previously used for wildlife demonstrations and handles quite well. Selling due to change in...
  8. longqi

Croc ID Please

Just went to house here about an 'alligator' they bought It is NOT an alligator as is has definite croc features They were told "Freshwater alligator from Indonesia, Maximum length 1 metre" I think the information given is totally incorrect but dont know enough about baby crocs to be positive
  9. News Bot

Mother calls for croc cull after near miss

A MOTHER whose son saw his dog killed by a crocodile near Darwin says the animals need to be culled and has vowed to get a gun licence. border="0" |- | valign="'middle'" | | valign="'middle'" | |- Published On: 24-Apr-13 06:31 PM Source: via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  10. M.Carinata

Restricted Reptiles in QLD

Afternoon Everyone, I was looking through the Keeping wildlife privately in Queensland — Conditions and restrictions. It seems like the Woma is no longer a restricted reptile anymore? If you scroll right down to the bottom it gives lists of what you can keep etc. Can someone confirm what I've...
  11. ReptileMad_98

What is your favourite Australian reptile?

Ill start off, either the olive python or the inland taipan :D.
  12. C

buying a crocodile

hello i have just gotten my advanced wildlife licence i wanna purchase a salt water crocodile my friend has a freshy he got it from crocodylus they want 500 for freshys and salties was wondering if there is any where else cheaper
  13. News Bot

Large crocodile seen near Maryborough

A LARGE crocodile has been spotted in a Queensland river near Maryborough, in the first ever confirmed sighting that far south. border="0" |- | valign="'middle'" | | valign="'middle'" | |- Published On: 01-May-12 10:14 PM Source: via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  14. Rocket

Regulated taking of wildlife.

Now, I don't know if this has been done before so forgive me if it has. Also, this is strictly an opinion-based thread so there is no need to get all "huffy and puffy" and cause a virtual riot. In light of recent... stories in regards to smuggling and illegal removal of herpetofauna from the...
  15. Redcc

Rich hunters snap up croc safaris

I thought we had more brains than letting this type of thing to continue. Rich hunters snap up croc safaris | News | NT News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au
  16. K

One year on. Ready to start?

I literally joined hear about a year ago I believe, overflowing with excitment and hoping to get my first reptile as soon as possible. However, I was cautious and waited and researched. Thank god I did because I ran in to a financial disaster a bit afterwards and wouldn't have been able to...
  17. adelherper

moving ledge the saltie in his new encloser

solast tues i moved my saltie from his inside tank to outside encloser which was a lot of fun and i learned they can jump quite high when u take your eye off them for two seconds hahaball in all it went nice and smooth he has eaten few times and seems quite happy(well as happy as a saltie can be...
  18. Niall

West Kimberley.

Hi everyone. Just a few photos of what I came across whiles I was up North. Freshwater Croc Crocodylus johnstoni Plenty of these guys around up North. Had a nice experience with a few whiles my mate and I were walking through the water waist deep around midnight whiles looking for snakes...
  19. News Bot

Giant croc captured alive in Philippines

A ONE-tonne saltwater crocodile has been captured in a southern Philippine town. Published On: 05-Sep-11 11:04 PM Source: AP via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  20. pythonmum

A few herps from my Darwin and Kakadu trip

I just got back from a fantastic week in the NT. It was so nice to be WARM again! Of course, the first herp I saw was a big, fat cane toad in the hotel garden, but after that things improved. I didn't go spotlighting or anything, so I only saw a couple of skinks and the ever-popular...
  21. News Bot

Monster croc removed from fishing spot

A MENACING monster crocodile has been captured by wildlife rangers at a popular Northern Territory fishing spot. Published On: 10-Jun-11 05:19 PM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  22. sjacomos

saltwater crocodile

i have herd that you can get a saltwater crocodile on an exchange program so when it gets to about 1 metre you send it back and get another hatchling could any one tell me a places phone number or email that does this please :(
  23. Darlyn

Another croc caught

After a massive wet season crocs are on the move Croc caught stalking kids | News | NT News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au
  24. craig.a.c

QLD licencing system.

I'm moving to Townsville in a couple of weeks and was trying to find a link or something that outlines what pythons I can keep in QLD on a standard licence. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers - Craig.
  25. M

Free Handling

Hi all, Just putting a question out there to everyone. Ignoring all States regulations etc...... What are your thoughts of free handling venomous snakes in public???? Cheers Darron
  26. dossy

YOUR perfect enclosure?

as the title says what is your perfect enclosure? can be anything for anything mine would be a 6 foot long 4-5 foot high with an aquarium ad to top 2 feet with the lower 2-3 feet broken into 2x 3ft long 2ft deep 2-3ft high housing small lizrds in one and a gtp,jungle or an albino centralian...
  27. StephenZozaya

Herping Australia during the worst time of year - Part 2

This is the second and final installment regarding this particular trip. The majority of the time I spent with Kris during his trans-Australia roadtrip was concentrated in the Top End of the Northern Territory. This is an amazing area of sandstone gorges, massive wetlands, extensive mangroves...
  28. mckellar007

my boys getting bigger!

they grow up so fast!!
  29. ShepQLD

I give up! can someone answer some licencing questions for me?

Ive just spent twenty minutes on hold to the QLD EPA, had to hang up as I only have a mobile phone ($$$!!)... Ive searched their website, searched on my actual lisence but I dont see anything that clearly tells me what I want to know! my question is this.. (and it may sound silly but I really...
  30. junglemac

license conditions?

OK I am getting conflicting answers from people arounf me. I have a QLD RWL and it states: one place that the license gives me the right to keep unlimited animals, reptiles and amphibians under this it says Conditions for : keeping live commercial reptiles and recreational amphibians Agency...
  31. elapid68

Intrepid porkers run croc gauntlet

Published On: - Source: NT News A GROUP of fearless pigs went for a dip in the Adelaide River - a body of water well-known for its bustling saltwater crocodile population. As the six pigs were crossing the river, a saltie was dozing on the bank. Go to Original Article
  32. News Bot

Drunk man tries to 'ride' crocodile; Broome, Aust.

Published On: 14-Jul-10 06:07 AM Source: digg Category: World News Drunken cowboy becomes drunken OWboy. Go to digg Page
  33. elapid68

Crocodiles Go with the Flow for Ocean Travel

Published On: - Source: The Epoch Times Although poor swimmers, estuarine crocodiles (Crocodylus porosus) have occupied many South Pacific islands, which are separated by huge stretches of ocean water. "Although poor swimmers" ?????? Go to Original Article
  34. elapid68

Saltie prefers its meat fresh.

Published On: - Source: Herald Sun A SALTWATER crocodile has turned a freshwater companion into minced meat in front of stunned Top End tourists. Go to Original Article
  35. townsvillepython

Monster crocodile wins battle with shark in the Northern Territory

Published On: - Source: news.com.au A MONSTER 5m saltwater crocodile has been photographed savaging a bull shark in a battle at a swamp in the Northern Territory. A group of tourists looked on in shock as the crocodile ripped the shark in two in Kakadu National Park, The Northern...
  36. Bec137

Dundee's Wildlife Park - Murray Bridge - SA

Disgusting state of Dundee's Wildlife Park - Murray Bridge - SA Hi all, For mothers day this year we decided to go to Dundee's in Murray Bridge because I have been dying to go there for ages, and heard the food was good at the restaurant lol. Cruising through the park was good fun, my 2 year...
  37. TigerCoastal

Fruit and Veg for Rats

Hey all we have just bought some rats for our kids and am just wondering if there is any fruit and veg that is better to feed to rats? and is there any that we should stay away from?
  38. News Bot

Crocodile claws 5yo girl

Published On: 22-Mar-10 09:00 AM Source: ABC News Northern Territory police say a five-year-old girl had her leg cut open by a saltwater crocodile in North-East Arnhem Land yesterday. Go to Original Article
  39. froggyboy86

Northern Territory Frogging 2010

Hi guys, Just some pics from my trek across the NT this past month looking for some frog species I haven't seen before. It was a fairly successful trip with 19 new ones in all - unfortunately I was a bit late following the rains in the desert so I missed out on most of the frogs of the arid...
  40. News Bot

Croc bites female handler at function

Published On: 04-Dec-09 06:57 PM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au A WOMAN has been bitten by a crocodile in the provincial town of Geelong, south of Melbourne. Go to Original Article
  41. adelherper

new croc tank

finally my croc has his new tank with lots swimming room what you think
  42. News Bot

Caught crocodile 'biggest in four years'

Published On: 23-Oct-09 11:36 AM Source: Northern Territory News via NEWS.com.au A MONSTER saltwater crocodile has been caught near a popular swimming hole in Darwin's rural area. Go to Original Article
  43. JasonL

Class 1 Dwarf Adder feeding

These guys are great, fed both my male and female 2 pinkies each today, male knocked one out of the tongs...fantastic little guys, been mating strong, fingers crossed
  44. ReptilianGuy

saltwater croc enclosure

i've been asked several times about how i house my saltwater crocodile by various users so this is why i'm putting this thread up. i keep my lil guy in a 4ft (L) by 1ft (W) by 2ft (D) it cosist of a 60wtt spotlight frrom bunnings for heat during the day and as a basking spot it is roughly...
  45. News Bot

No-cull plan for Top End crocodiles

Published: 15-Apr-09 11:31 AM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au THE culling of saltwater crocodiles won't be used to control their numbers in the Northern Territory, despite three recent attacks. Read More...
  46. anguskennedy

Scrub python chopped up for youtube video - animal cruelty

Published: 19 March 2009 Source: The Advertiser (news.com.au) Man chops up snake (scrub python) for youtube video, so far seems to have escaped prosecution despite calls from the RSPCA and animal welfare groups. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25209541-421,00.html
  47. Ozzie Python

How Many Confirmed Albino Species?

Having read the albino jungle thread it got me thinking, what are the actual 100% confirmed albino species that have been found/bred in Australia. Not the "i have heard" there is one, but actual confirmed sightings, including any that have been found in eggs or hatched but not survived. We all...
  48. News Bot

Monster saltwater crocodile captured

Published: 02-Mar-09 12:05 PM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au A MONSTER crocodile spotted last week at a popular tourist attraction in the Northern Territory has been captured. Read More...
  49. DENNYCRANE

Found snake making a squeaky noise

Gday, Was out the back today cleaning up and came across a very small snake no bigger than 10cm. I picked it up with a pair of tongues and it started making a squeakey noise. Which shocked me. I at first thought it was a whip snake due to size i am guessing it was to small for brown snake so...
  50. Bax155

Snakes Downunder!!

Yesterday I spent the day at Snakes Downunder at Childers and let me tell you it's one of the best reptile parks I've had the privilage to visit!! The staff are absolutly fantastic, Julie-Anne said 2 years ago she had never handled snakes and has only recently started doing the 1st show of the...
Back