limnodynastes ornatus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Shotta

Frog ID

hi folks,I was looking under old fence posts on my lunchbreak, and found this little guy . my Guess is an ornate burrowing frog?(because i have found one before and it was a very similar shape to a burrowing frog, but wasn't as big and wasn't red) can anyone confirm or id this guy?, sorry for...
  2. Firepac

Frog ID

Can someone ID this frog found in my backyard in Proserpine Qld.
  3. richoman_3

Couple herping shots

Draco sp. (Flying Dragon) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Northern Ridge-tailed Monitor (Varanus primordius) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Slaty-grey Snake (Stegonotus cucullatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Roth's Tree Frog (Litoria rothi) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus...
  4. Jazzz

Some recent Australian highlights

Myself and my partner have been on a few herping trips lately and I thought id put up a few of the highlights. I'll start with the local stuff. I've just done a couple of pretty dismal nights herping around Brisbane so far. As there isn't too much to find I've been able to experiment with...
  5. rockett85

Frog ID

Hey guys found this little guy in the tweed are northern NSW can anyone give an ID. I dug him up on our construction site in very sandy soil. Looks like some sort of burrowing frog. Awesome little frog never seen one like it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. clopo

2013 in review

Hi all, Its been a while since i have put a post up, so I will try and put everything from the year in one big post. There will be a few areas of Australia covered. I am still working in Mount Isa in North-west Queensland, however I am now living in Brisbane. This change has given me a...
  7. Sleazy.P.Martini

Frog and snake ID

Hey guys, sorry about the lowsy photos, the snake was sent to me via phone from someone else and I was drunk when I took the one of the frog. Anyway the frog was found in Townsville, and the snake found North shore Sydney, Hornsby to be precise. Thanks
  8. Tipsylama

Show us who lives in your garden!

There seems to be a "Show us your" thread for almost every other thing, so i thought why not make my own unique one! Feel free to post pictures of an happy little critter that is taking residence in your garden whether it be Reptile,Bird, Amphibian insect or even a mammal takes some pictures...
  9. clopo

A few recent pics from Mount Isa

A V. tristis from today. Freckeled Monitor by R. Francis, on Flickr Freckeled Monitor by R. Francis, on Flickr Litoria rubella found next to the lake the other day after having a fish. Desert Tree Frog by R. Francis, on Flickr Amphibolorous gilberti found the same night as the rubella...
  10. T

Seem to do better at home

While Hinchinbrook was great for hiking, now that I'm back home I've done better herping in my own garden. It was a timely arrival for one of my Green Tree Frogs. In the evening I heard the frog 'screaming" for help. Went out to see what all the ruckus was about and there was this Slatey-grey...
  11. Stompsy

Frog or toad ID

Can someone ID this frog/toad please. We've had a couple of them around lately.
  12. IsaHerpLvrs

Just A Few Pics Of Some Reptiles I Find In My Back Yard Here In Mt Isa

These are Animals i see in my yard on a daily basis,i always love watching the Gilberts Dragons there very comical to watch,Unsure wat species 3,4,5,6 and 8 are if anyone could help it would be much apreciated
  13. Bonustokin

Frog/Toad ID please?

Oi I was driving on a little back road for about 5km and seen nothing but cane toads, but then came across this different looking thing... Can anyone tell me what it is please?
  14. lizardjasper

another frog ID

With all the rain there are frogs everywhere! So many I've never seen before. Anyone know what these guys are?
  15. lizardjasper

Frog Identification

Anyone know what these two frogs are? They were fished out of the pool yesterday. Both were only an inch1/2 long, if that...
  16. najanaja

Frog ID

Living on the bottom of Mount Tamborine im used to many animals... Ive always liked frogs but never really studied them to the extent i have reptiles.. Always in the back yard are Green Tree Frogs... but now and then Brown Rocket Frogs turn up in the pool and the rare Cane Toad...
  17. J

Reptiles in the floods

G'day guys, I've seen a few people recently mention that the floods will be devastating to reptile populations - this couldn't be further from the truth. The flood water in SEQ is loaded with debris, and generally only several hundred metres wide as Brisbane is quite hilly. I took these...
  18. hornet

Frog id's

Just got back from a trip to the western downs, was too wet to get much inverting done but the frogs sure loved it, saw heaps of road kill but even more live specimens on roads and in the scrub. This first specimen was caught just out of cecil plains. Was taken back for pics then released...
  19. T

Can anyone ID this frog?

Hi, I was hoping some of the experienced herpers might be able to id this frog. It was found in Sydnam, Victoria today. Thanks for taking the time to look.
  20. PremierPythons

Frog/Toad ID

Some help on this one please members? Species was located in South East Qld
  21. Bradchip

Is this a juvenile cane toad?

I came across this little guy at Peaks Crossing last night when the storm was about. I THINK it's a juvenile Bufo marinus, but not totally sure. He's about 2 to 2.5cm long. I'm lead to believe that as juveniles, they don't particularly resemble the parents (until they hit the 4cm mark), and...
  22. froggyboy86

Northern Territory Frogging 2010

Hi guys, Just some pics from my trek across the NT this past month looking for some frog species I haven't seen before. It was a fairly successful trip with 19 new ones in all - unfortunately I was a bit late following the rains in the desert so I missed out on most of the frogs of the arid...
  23. Banjo

I.D Please

Hi Guys, I was out about 40 Kms west of Dalby only the Moonie Hwy at a place called Ducklo and I found this frog, I have done a search on the net and have come up with a couple names but not 100% sure. Can any help with an I.D. Banjo
  24. smacdonald

Southern Queensland Brigalow Belt

I've just returned from two weeks of poking around near Dalby. Here are some pics. This was a work trip, so the camera didn't get as much use as I would have liked. Reptiles/amphibians I saw but didn't photograph are: -Diplodactylus vittatus -Pseudechis guttatus -Carlia foliorum...
  25. Palex134

A Few From This Weekend's Hike & Dead Varanid ID?

Went for a quick, 6 hour, day hike on Saturday. Couldn't go for much longer due to Tropical Cyclone Hamish. Wasn't a herping trip, but I did manage a little luck. Saw some amphibs and some Carlia skinks, along with the herps pictured. Found this specimen floating face down in a steam. Wasn't...
  26. smacdonald

Days 4 & 5: Girraween National park

Copied directly from my blog. --- Note: if you've seen the 2009 ReptilesDownUnder.com calendar, you might recognise some pictures here. We left The Warrumbungles in the morning and drove up to Girraween National Park, just across the border in Queensland. Despite it being quite close to...
  27. salebrosus

ID this Frog?

A workmate took these shots of a small frog found in her spa in Bauple. This little guy was only very small comapred to the other frogs round the area, only 4-5cms. I was trying to ID it on Frogs.org but was having trouble. At a guess i thought it might have been a Dusky Toadlet, but that was...
  28. Manda1032

Ribbet or Unk?? what am I?

This little guy has me stumped as to who he/she is. Found in the gravel near our new water tank, rear half buried so it looked like it was hiding or for hunting. Not a real good photo, I need to recharge mine and I used Dad's auto camera. CUTE as a button, tried so hard to bury itself in my...
  29. ryanharvey1993

frog ID, looks like some sort of toad thing

found this on the verandah
  30. slacker

Frog Photos (Nanango) - DUW

My other half and I made a trip out to Nanango to see my sister/brother in law. While we were there, we spent a bit of time hunting for reptiles/frogs. Unfortunately, the only reptiles we found was the world's ugliest barbata, one water dragons and several DoR animals (common tree snake...
  31. trogdor1988

Frog i.d

Hi all out today and found these 2 little guys sitting next to each other in soft dirt under a rotten log, grabbed some pics so i could get an i.d when i got home just forgot to post lol, if anyone can help it would be great, i think there burrowing frogs of some kind when i picked the one i...
  32. Australis

Frog Photos, CQC 07/08

I only just noticed this forum had been created.. Photos taken during the 07/08 season. During several weeks of intense rain it was mostly frogs, instead of reptiles seen. Cyclorana alboguttata Striped Burrowing Frog Cyclorana alboguttata Striped Burrowing Frog...
  33. Jumala

Frog ID

this funky little guy was in one of the chickens water dishes. Luckily it was only chicks and not the full grown hens :o I wouldn't have liked his chances. Any ideas? and no I didn't get out the white nikko pen or photoshop the pic before anyone asks :P cheers Ange
  34. A

Keeping giant burrowing frogs?

Can you keep giant burrowing frogs (heleioporus australiacus)? On my frog liscence under Class 2 it says you can, but they are a threatened species and I have never heard of anyone keeping one. Does anyone have any info on these frogs? I can only find general info and I am interested to know...
  35. A

Hi

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to this site. I love frogs and I have one green tree frog named Frappy. She is a year old. I have only had Frappy for a few months and I got her with another GTF which soon after I bought her died from redleg.:cry: I am quite sure she had this...
  36. Earthling

What sorts of Frogs are these wee beasties?

Got a few of these hopping about. Anyone know what species they are...? Anything wacky about them? Like maybe they worship a nonexistant being or something.....:rolleyes:;).
  37. Miss B

Green Tree Froggy!

Ok, well, not me exactly! My partner found this Litoria caerulea on the driveway last night, became quite smitten by the cute comical appearance and decided to keep him/her. We've never kept frogs before... anyone got pics of their GTF setups? I'm looking for inspiration 8) Oh, by the way - it...
  38. pugsly

First Bush Walk of the season

Was a warn day, so headed off for a quick walk this after noon. Saw a few Jacky's, Black Cockatoo's and this guy. Was real happy to see me! Man I thought Lacies were quick up trees, this guy would give one a run for its money!
  39. carpetsnake

what type of frog is this

what type of frog is this found in near caboolture queensland
  40. hornet

what herps have you seen in your area?

just thought it would be interesting 2 c what herp sp people have seen in their area, i will get the ball rolling, i live in gladstone qld, i have seen: emydura krefftii(kreffts turtle) diplodactylus vittatus(eastern stone gecko) hemidactylus frenatus(house gecko) heteronotia binoei(bynoes...
Back