varanus prasinus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Imported_tuatara

OMG EMERALD TREE MONITORS HERE IN CAPTIVITY

so some of you'se may know this, but recently there's been some emerald tree monitors in captivty for the past year or so, on the new magazine(free and digital) iherp they discuss such, when i found out i was actually screaming inside(don't wanna wake the neighbors early morning lol) sorry for...
  2. ronhalling

Venomous ???????????

I have just finished watching 72 Dangerous Animals Australia on Netflix which was pretty interesting viewing for a wet windy Friday night, but there was 1 particular segment that i found to be a little more interesting than the rest, in this segment the presenter was talking to Rick Shine and...
  3. K

Where do you go to find reptiles for sale ?

I check gumtree .
  4. Ekans

What's your holy grail of reptiles?

What's that one native snake, lizard, invertebrate etc that you want to someday own but your skill, its care is slightly intimidating or its rarity is holding you back? :)
  5. SerpentWanderer

New to the Forum

Hello everyone. I just have a few questions and to introduce myself. I have owned reptiles before when I was younger and now that I am older and can support the hobby once again I'd like some advice. I used to own a central bearded dragon, eastern blue tongue and a childrens python...
  6. cagey

Boa Constrictor in Geelong

Boa constrictor seized from Geelong residence
  7. Retic

A couple of photo's.

I havent been on here for ages so just thought I would post a few photo's from my collection. I am sure there are some that wont be offended by photo's of exotics ;) African Bush Viper, Atheris squamigera. Sri Lankan Pit Viper, Trimeresurus trigonocephalus Beaded Lizard One of my pair...
  8. G

Question five: Where do we go from here? Its up to you!

Finally, I hope you have come this far and question five here puts things into perspective. Please have a say and PM me if you don't want a name next to your voice. I appreciate all you have done! You have all read and many have answered the four questions I have posed to date, there were...
  9. Colin

Indonesia remains epicenter for illegal wildlife trade in reptiles and amphibians

Indonesia remains epicenter for illegal wildlife trade in reptiles and amphibians Indonesia remains epicenter for illegal wildlife trade in reptiles and amphibians By: Liz Kimbrough October 24, 2012 Demand for exotic pets is driving the illegal harvest and trade of herpetofauna (reptiles and...
  10. P

Monitor Populations in Captivity

Hey, I'm just wondering how many people out there are keeping various monitor species and how many individuals people think there in captivity at the moment of the following species: V. baritji (From what I have heard there are a "lot" of them in NSW & NT?) V. brevicauda (Again, I've heard there...
  11. geckoboy

Emerald Monitor

So guys i was reading a friend's reptile book Australian Reptile's or something can't remember. Anyway i was reading in the Monitor section and i came across a Monitor called an emerald monitor and it looked pretty damn good looking. So has anyone here got one, if so post pics!
  12. Scalez108

Emerald Monitor

Can you buy an Emerald Monitor in australia? just wondering because in this book i borrowed it said that they live in a tiny island just off the very tip of australia. i always thought they just lived in new guinea. i think the book is telling finbs.
  13. grimjob

exotics

man i cant wait till we are allowed to keep exotics here, was just checking some american reptile sites and there is so many cool critters, don't get me wrong i love the reptile available in australia and we defiantly have some of the coolest, but its just cool to get a new toy to play with...
  14. G

Bucket List............What is on your wish list??

On my Bucket list is an Olive............ held one a Manly Aquarium once and it was huge....addicted from then on to Olives.....now just need to get the kids to move out so I can convert a room or two.
  15. ingie

Help - Boyd's has given up on life

About 6 months ago I purchased a boyd's forest dragon. I was looking for nice big healthy adults but ended up getting a soft spot for this 3 year old male that was being picked on and injured by the others he was kept with. He was smaller than the others, had missing claws, broken toes, bent...
  16. S

varanus prasinus

YET again! Another varanus prasinus thread. Just wondering if there has been any news on these guys? One member on here said that permits have been given out to collect some of these from islands between PNG and Australia.
  17. Simon_Archibald

Not-so-common Monitors being kept?

Hi all, I've been out of the herping picture for a little while (young family and all) and a little out of touch with whats happening in the hobby. For everyone who knows me my real reptile interest is in monitor species - all up I've kept 9 species so far. There are the usual species all...
  18. Z

Emerald Tree Monitor (Varanus prasinus)

Hey Guys, was reading a monitor book in the library and came across a picture of an Emerald Tree Monitor. it says it was mainly distributed in PNG but could be found in islands within the Torres strait and cape York peninsular QLD. They look absoloutly amazing and I was wondering if they...
  19. bundysnake

Recreational wildlife list??

Does anyone know where i can find the list of herps you can keep on a recreational license in QLD?
  20. N

Your Dream Reptiles - if you could have it??

My wishlist would be.... Basilisks Day Geckoes Anoles Chameleons as for snakes wouldnt even know where to begin so many species and so many morphs! Non reptile Dendrobates (poison arrow frogs) And a toucan.. they are freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!1 Cheers Nam
  21. Callopistes

Monitor pictures-Thread

Hi, I have not a monitor :cry:but I want to see our monitors :Dand the cages of the monitors
  22. gexftw

Emerald Monitors

I haven't heard much about them but they are freaking gorgeous. Does anyone keep/breed them?
  23. MrKite

Reptiles you would KILL for.

Hey there. Just thought it would be a bit of fun to see what kinds of reptiles and amphibians you would do just about anything to keep. If money, geography and space were no factors, what kinds of reptiles make you burn inside knowing that you will probably never own one? Post pics, youtube...
  24. aoife

Emerald Tree Monitor

Hi guys!! Just wanting some info on the Emerald Tree Monitor. All I know is that their beautiful. I would like to get one but i think it may fall into the exotic category.
  25. S

Top ten most wanted

Hey all, was just wondering before wat peoples top ten most wanted reptiles are?? I have to many most wanteds atm but will put my list up when i can off to sleep before work once again :lol: luke
  26. hotrodrob

monitor size dilemma

hey, I just have a quick question. Is there any monitors available in between Ackies and Sand moniotrs?
  27. Dipcdame

Christmas wish list

Anyone gotten out and dusted their old wish list from last year, or made up a new one? What has everyone written to Santa for? I'm hoping for a couple of nice little beardies with enclosure, whether or not hubby gfets the hint though, is another matter!!!! What is everyone else hoping for??
  28. PremierPythons

Reptiles Most Wanted List

Hello Everyone, I've finally got myself the financial backing i've needed to start a great many breeding projects. I know this question has been asked in the Reptiles Australia Readers Poll a few issues back, but what would be your most desirable reptile to own? Although I will qualify my...
  29. lizard_lover

what would you be

if you could be any animal what would you be and why
  30. Mrs I

Hypothetical Question

If you had $50,000 - $70,000 to invest into snakes what would you get and why. For furture breeding and of course profit..... if you bought hatchlings now what would people want and for what price in 3 - 4 years time. Would love to hear some opinions. Mrs I xxx
  31. D

What would you want??

Im interested to know what kind of reptiles people fantasise about! If money was no object and you were allowed to keep ANYTHING you wanted, what would you have? I think my choice would be ahn eyelash viper and one of those really brightly colored milk snakes! OH and a huge friendly albino...
  32. snappy

keeping exotics

hay i was wondering if there is such thing as a zoo licence so you can keep exotics and if there is where can i get one from thanx
  33. spongebob

Green Goanna Blues

For all to drowl over. I took these photos last week in Bali..........
  34. eladidare

Whats your favourite herp?

I know this question is probably asked alot but im new, so humour me... mine is probably a salty or perentie or maybe even woma or Ingrams brown... there is so many to choose from!
  35. Aslan

Wish List

We always comment that particular animals would be on our 'Wish List'... so I thought I would get everyone to list their top three Australian reptiles they would love to keep... Mine are (in no particular order); - Merten's Water Monitor - Rough Scaled Python - Georgetown Stimsons Python
  36. B-Rock

Green Tree Monitor

Was wondering if anyone could please tell me some info about the Green Tree Monitor (varanus prasinus). Was looking through an aussie reptile book and found an amazing picture of this little dude. Anyone have one? Are they hard to keep? What are they worth? Cheers, Brock Found some pictures for...
  37. DragonKeeper

Green Iguana?

Are they allowed in Australia?
  38. BIGMATT

enclosures

hey all can you's post pics of your enclosures for any of your reptiles
  39. W

Best Lizard

What is your favorite lizard. is it a .shingleback
  40. Lost_in_the_Jungle

I want it !

So what do people want as their next reptile :D I know everyone will say GTP's of Albino's but i want to know what else people want. :D
  41. blair

most expensive

hey quick question what is the most expensive reptile out there and what is the cheapers what is the most common and the what do you think is the best reptile out there thanks
  42. JEZ

Enclosures...Build or Buy?

Hey Guys, What are your opinions/experiences on building vs buying enclosures? What do you think is more cost effective :?:
  43. peterjohnson64

What do you want in your collection.

Well the plans for the herp room are in council and I have now decided what I want to eventualy own in the way of snakes: An adult pair each of: Diamonds (kept outside) Darwins(4x4x2) jungles (3x4x2) BHP (6x2x2) Woma (4x2x2) GTP (4x2x2) I am interested in comments on the adult cage...
  44. Thor1

Exotics list

so if this has also been done to death im sorry if you would enjoy owning an exotic what would it be? feel free to add pics. and please no complaining or discussion about the whole arguement of whether they should be allowed here in australia there is another thread for that thanks
  45. NaughtyByNature

Some cute little critters

Aint these some cuties :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  46. alby

just for peterjohnson

this is his pride and joy(Varanus Prasinus ) and oneday would love to own one here ya go mate just for u
  47. Z

Pygmie Pythons

Hi I am finding pygmie pythons verry hard to bye is there anyone who could help me out with some contacts in this matter.
  48. kendrick4life

A/S/L .. everybody!

Well.. since there is no chatroom.. and there is too many introductions threads to go through them all to learn who is who.. how about keeping it simple for those who want to know :) Name: Jason Age: 25 State: Vic Reptiles: 2yr Spotted Python, BHP coming next week :) Single: yes :oops...
  49. peterjohnson64

WTB Varanus Prasinus - Emerald Monitor

I know, absolutley no hope. But I'll just keep bumping for the next 3 years.
  50. pythonkisses

If You Had

just something a bit fun.......... If you Had the choice between having $1,000 cash in your hands or your pick of reptiles what reptile would you pick and why..... You can only pick ONE REPTILE i know this is going to be hard for some but only one Mine would be...... Pick one...
Back