tiliqua nigrolutea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. alichamp

New Intro - working our way to a snake

Hi everyone, Thought I'd introduce myself since I'll be lurking for a while. My 8 yo daughter is in to reptiles in a BIG way and has been for a couple of years. She is a very responsible kid who craves knowledge so I'm doing everything I can to support her in her interest. We are members of...
  2. NickGeee

Mornington Peninsula Herping

Here are some pics from the past week i took down at the Mornington Peninsula, which is about an hour south east of Melbourne. I had afew species in mind, including the metallic skink, swamp skink and white lipped snake. I had photographed swamp skinks and seen white lips before, but mettalics...
  3. D

Hi!

Hello everyone! I'm Izak, and I am ten. I am also a huge fossil-nut, and I have a question. Are there any Australian cave-dwelling snakes within the time of 2 million years to recent? If you want to know why I am asking, just ask.. Glad to be here! Izak By the way, if the post is in the wrong...
  4. M

Breeding a Stimmy to a Spotted

Hi, has anyone tried it? Is there any reason why we don't see many of these around? Cheers
  5. N

Swap carpet pythons for blue tongues

Hi all, I have a 1yr old bredli female that i would like to swap for a baby blotched blue tongue, i also have a 66% possible het darwin carpet python male (also 1yr old) that i would like to swap for a blotched blue tongue. I have an adult proven breeding pair of bredli's that i would like...
  6. Tipsylama

Collection so far :)

Outdoor pit + cage that houses my adult cunningham pair in. Biggest cunningham i have, currently housed with another in that cage who is quite photo shy. My beardy thats pushing 8 years old Blotched blue tongue pair :) Two of my four newest arrivals, Sydney phase Cunninghams (other two where...
  7. P

G'day

Hi everyone, I thought that I had better say hello as well. My soon to be 10 year old son just got a blotched blue-tongue for his birthday. We did a lot of research (including on this site) and little Bartlett is settling in well. He loves animals and even has his own animal blog that we...
  8. Supra_man87

Alpine Blotched Blue Tongue Group

Scientific Name Tiliqua nigrolutea Common Name Blotched Blue Tongue Age 2yrs - 8yrs Size 35 - 45cms Quantity Available 5 Bred By Myself and others General Description Group of 5 adult Blotched Blue Tongues. Some bred by me and older ones were purchased from an ACT pet store many...
  9. Reptiles101

Show us your small skinks

Hi all, wanting to see some of the small skinks people keep, so post away!
  10. NickGeee

Recent Vic Herping

Some Recent herping within melbourne and the grampians. Pretty common yet pretty cool skink Ctenotus robustus by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Awesome to see these guys in habitat, Black rock skink. Egenia Saxatillis by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Another favorite Tiliqua rugosa by...
  11. Native_EWD

Alpine Blotched & Normal Blotched Blue Tongues

WANTED: Alpine Blotched & Normal Blotched Blue Tongues (Babies & Adults) Sydney Region, Will travel to appropriate distance. Let me know, Cheers! 0413 155 134 Cheers
  12. D

My Bluey Setup

What's happening guys? Been a long time since I posted, won't ramble, back reading through all the posts and thought I would snap a few shots of my setup. This is Grimlock, Blotched Blue Tongue, 34cm in size. Currently shedding but having a bit more trouble with it than usual, tried spraying her...
  13. Wild~Touch

How It All Started

Please share how you got into reptile keeping Always had a fascination A friend kept some reptiles Your kids wanted a snake My son wanted a snake from the time he could talk....LOL saw one in a pet shop in Melbourne and that was it
  14. NickGeee

Blotched Bluetongue Lizard

Scientific Name Tiliqua nigrolutea Common Name Southern or blotched bluetongue lizard Age 2 or so years old Size subadult Quantity Available 1 Bred By / General Description a very wild animal, hence the price. was a rescue. Very voracious at feeding time and very stocky Location...
  15. N

Eastern blue tongue or blotched blue tongue

Ok so most of you know I was going to get a central netted dragon but now I've changed my mind to go with the blue tongue family I have heard these guys have great personalities and you can handle them, and they aren't fast like the dragon family but now I need to know which one is better...
  16. N

Blotched blue tongue lizard or eastern blue tongue?!

Ok so most of you know I was going to get a central netted dragon but now I've changed my mind to go with the blue tongue family I have heard these guys have great personalities and you can handle them, and they aren't fast like the dragon family but now I need to know which one is better...
  17. R

Blotched Blue tongue Care

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have. -Any links to to some really good/detailed caresheet on blueys. -Building a Cage for Your Animal/Reptile - YouTube. This is the directions I am following for the outdoor bluey enclosure. Just replace some words...
  18. naivepom

2-WEEK TOUR OF ASIA-Oct'13 (Oman, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia + Malaysia)

My apologies for anyone who has already seen this post from Field Herp Forum but I thought I would include it here too.... I have finally got time to sit down and do a write-up of a trip me, my girlfriend and friends and family members did in October. It was a combination of business, pleasure...
  19. missilly

Escape Artists!

Just a query as I thought locked actually meant solidly tight no chance of escape lol. So have you had your lovely reptilian escape on you? If so how many times, where did they end up and how locked up tight were the little rascals? :lol:
  20. P

Keeping blotched blues in north qld

im curious as to how the blotched would go up northern qld with our humidity?? we have northerns and eastern blues and am thinking possible respiratory problems for the blotches....any help or thoughts would be appreciated:D
  21. Supra_man87

Adult Female Alpine Blotched Blue Tongue

Scientific Name - Tiliqua nigrolutea Common Name - Blotched Blue Tongue Age - 4yrs Size - Approx. 45-50cms Quantity Available - 1 Bred By - Me General Description - Adult Female Alpine Blotched Blue Tongue, very nice colours, handles great, feeding on fruit, veg, egg, puppy meat...
  22. D

Touring Australia

During the summer my band went on our 1st Australian Tour. In my spare time I met up with a few friends from interstate and did a days herping. Also, if you're into Metal, check out Eternal Rest. First we hit up Vic. After playing a sweet gig a mate of mine who recently went to FNQ with me...
  23. PythonOwner25

March Herping Melbourne

Hey all, Have been herping quite a bit around Melbourne recently. Few new species to add to the list which is always nice! Enjoy the photos. :) McCoy's Skink (Nannoscincus maccoyi) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Coventry's Skink (Niveoscincus coventryi) by Matt Clancy...
  24. Chicken

Latest Herping pics.

Hi Everyone, some lastest pics. Am what-so-ever hopeless behind a camera but here goes. Everything here was found in suburbs around Melbourne. Swamp wallaby by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr Limnodynastes tasmaniensis by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr Eulamprus tympanum by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr...
  25. L

help with uploading pics

every time I try to upload a pic I click up load and it does nothing ? I'm trying to post a thread about my blotched blue tongue and shingle back but it wont put the pics in the thread
  26. Supra_man87

Alpine Blotched Blue Tongues

Scientific Name - Tiliqua nigrolutea Common Name - Alpine Blotched Blue Tongue Age - 1 week Size - 17cms Quantity Available - 4 Bred By - Me General Description - Beautiful baby Alpine Blotched Blue Tongues. Bred from nicely coloured parents (Mother in second pic, Father in third...
  27. L

help with my blotched blue tongue !

Hi, i have a blotched blue tongue female (gravid) & she bred on the 2nd and 4th of november, she has been showing signs of birth very deap breathing alot more active and for the past 3-4 days she has been lifting her tail breathing very heavily and pushing but no babies, shes just getting ready...
  28. saratoga

Mating wild blotched blue-tongues-short video

Some old footage from a couple of years back, but I thought it was interesting particularly showing the male bluey jumping to grab the female Mating wild Blotched Blue-tongue Lizards (Tiliqua nigrolutea) at Wilsons Promontory - YouTube
  29. C

Lowland Blotched Bluetongues

Hi Im looking at buying some adult lowland blotched bluetongues from a guy down in melbourne, but i just wanted to know if they would survive outside in canberra? sorry if it sounds like a silly question but ive only heard of people keeping highland blotched blueys and easterns outside here. Any...
  30. naivepom

Melbourne herping - Xmas '12

I spent 3 weeks in Melbourne over Christmas 2012 visiting the girlfriends family but managed to make my excuses and sneak out as much as possible. Sorry for the generic descriptions under the pictures but I just copy/pasted them from Flickr. I live in the UK and most of the people seeing these...
  31. cheekabee

More herping pics Melbourne

Just a few more Melbourne herping pics from these summer holidays which are unfortunately over and which went way to quick. Can't complain though as I had a good time. Lizards Weasel Skink(Saproscincus mustelinus) with eggs, in shared laying site by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Delicate...
  32. richoman_3

More Herping Pics

just some of my latest herping pics around melbourne and the mornington peninsula ... (no snakes :'( ) i found some pretty loveable blotched blue tongues! Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr...
  33. R

Advice on baby Skink

So I was giving the dog a bath and noticed a large hole in the dirt. We have had quite a lot of Wolf spiders at the moment and the kids are a little worried about em so I put the hose down it to see if it would come out.... as you do! After a while, these little white things came up and I...
  34. Reptiles101

Show us your blue tongue lizards

Anyone got any blue tongue pics heres my boy Jinx
  35. Mangy_Wombat

Blotched Bluetongue Babies

Scientific Name Tiliqua Nigrolutea Common Name Blotched Bluetongue Age Born 28/11/12 Size Small Quantity Available 3 Bred By Me General Description Baby Blotched Bluetongues born on the 28/11/12 bred my me. Have had their first shed and eating well. Feeding on...
  36. Tipsylama

Pregnant blue tongue?

Hey all. This year was my first year with a pair of blue tongues that actually get along, over the past month or so my "female" has put on nearly twice as much weight which has got me thinking that she may be pregnant Male blotched blue tongue. male is 45cm with a head length of 7cm. female...
  37. Tipsylama

Show us who lives in your garden!

There seems to be a "Show us your" thread for almost every other thing, so i thought why not make my own unique one! Feel free to post pictures of an happy little critter that is taking residence in your garden whether it be Reptile,Bird, Amphibian insect or even a mammal takes some pictures...
  38. A

Blotched Blue tongues

Hey there, Was just wondering if anyone knew of someone breeding blotched blue tongues this year? After a male and female with nice colours thanks! :)
  39. AUSGEX

Garden skinks

Hi guys I know these little fellas don't come up for sale very often but I am curious as to how much they would cost? If anybody has any idea please let me know, or even if you don't know the actual selling how much to you personal think they'd be worth? I wouldn't mind getting myself a few...
  40. AussieReptiles10

Free Blotched blue tongue Mbd

Scientific Name Tiliqua nigrolutea Common Name Blotched blue tongue Age About 2-3 years old Size Around 20 cm Quantity Available 1 Bred By Not sure General Description I have recently been given a 2-3 year old blotched blue tongue that has mbd (metabolic bone disease) the previous owner...
  41. clopo

Diporiphora sp. ID

What does everyone think about this little fella? I wont give a location yet and just say it was found in QLD. Untitled by R. Francis, on Flickr
  42. P

Alpine Blotched

BLOTCHED BLUETONGUE LIZARDS.. Rich coloured, healthy young lizards, bred from highly coloured parents for overall colour, temperament and health. They are 4 to 6 months old now and feeding easily on any fruit, vegetables, tin dog/cat food. A very hardy pet, suitable for all age groups, great...
  43. P

Alpine Blotched Bluetongues

BLOTCHED BLUETONGUED LIZARDS.. Rich coloured, healthy young lizards, bred from highly coloured parents for overall colour, temperament and health. They are 4 to 6 months old now and feeding easily on any fruit, vegetables, tin dog/cat food. A very hardy pet, suitable for all age groups, great...
  44. P

Alpine Blotched Bluetiongues

BLOTCHED BLUETONGUED LIZARD.. Rich coloured, healthy young lizards, bred from highly coloured parents for overall colour, temperament and health. They are 4 to 6 months old now, we have unrelated pairs available, all sexed and feeding easily on any fruit, vegetables, tin dog/cat food. A very...
  45. princessparrot

blotched blue tongue vs eastern BT vs shingleback

which would be better to house outside and care for, and are any of them good with handling. i live in canberra
  46. princessparrot

housing blue tongues outside

hey, i have a few questions about keeping them outdoors: is 1.5m x 60cm x 60cm ok what is something good to put in for them to burrow into(straw, leaves ect) can they drink from one of those water dispensers can/should i put plants in. will they eat them(not that i care), and what would be...
  47. P

Numerous pythons

Species Common Name 2x Murray Darling Yearlings- $400pr pic4 and 5 2x Bredli yearlings- $400pr pics 1 and 2 2x Bredli adults- $450pr pic 3 2x Tanami womas- adult- $500pr pic 10 and 11 1x water python- Qld- yearling unsexed- $200- pic 122x spotted pythons(macs)- adults, have bred- $300pr- pic 9...
  48. caliherp

ignorant Californian

hello Aussie herp keepers. I was wondering about the legalities of keeping reptiles in Australia?
  49. Skitzmixer

Blotched Blue Tongue + 4FT Tank [Complete Setup]

Quantity Available: 1 General Description: Blotched Blue Tongue - Good condition, was a neglected pet but was rescued. Unfortunately im moving houses and i dont have the room to take it with me. Comes with a 4FT tank, reptile sand, a few logs for it to climb under/over, 4ft fluro + lid...
  50. jinjajoe

Tasmanian Blotched Blue Tongues

Scientific Name Tiliqua Nigrolutea Common Name Tasmanian Blotched Blue Tongue Age Babies Size As appropriate Quantity Available A few.... General Description Unique Tazzie Blotchies Location QLD Willing to Freight? Yep Contact Details PM License Number (Required for NSW...
Back