litoria ewingii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Virides

Name Plates by Virides Reptile

Get the museum look at home! We now have a wide range of popular species including snakes, lizards, turtles, amphibians and crocodilians! Over 120 in fact. We also now have over 40 popular species of invertebrates! The Name Plate is customised with your pet's name, the species' common...
  2. NickGeee

Winter Melbourne Herping (w/ pics)

I cannot find the Field Herping subforum or whatever so i suppose ill just throw this in here? But anyway, here are some pics from April to about last weekend, which includes trips around my area and around Melbourne, some NSW herps, some North Vic finds, some Grampians Geckos, Some frogs from...
  3. NickGeee

SE nsw herping.

Headed up to Pambula in southern New South Wales for afew weeks in January. Behind many of the residential houses the area was cleared with many fallen logs. this made good habitat for many lizards, snakes and frogs. first reptile i flipped, not a bad start. Cryptophis nigrescens by...
  4. S

Garden Skinks

Well after a few months of waiting I managed to secure a take from the wild permit to get some Garden Skinks (Lampropholis guichenoti) and wondering if there is any love from others out there for this lil' active fella's.
  5. cheekabee

Recent Herping around Victoria

I went for a short trip to far east Gippsland and ticked off a few cool species of frogs and managed to get a couple shots of some cool reptiles. Untitled by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth Froglet (Geocrinia victoriana) by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth...
  6. A

Is anyone able to ID these frogs for me ?

is anyone able to id these frogs sorry for crap photos they where taken with a phone with a 2 mp camera
  7. NickGeee

Pambula / east gippsland Herping... ish

hello everybody... headed up with the family and a friend to Pambula beach, we hang around for two weeks. there isn't really much diversity as we stayed aroud the same place apart from when we had a look around Gippsland and Tilba Tilba. I am a pretty unexperienced photographer so I have just...
  8. richoman_3

Recent Melbourne Herping

just some of my more recent pics start with the snakies Little brown Juvenile Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Juvenile Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Big brown! Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick...
  9. Chicken

Recent herping (Pic heavy)

Hi everyone, heres just some of the herps i've found over the past 4-5 months. Start off with some snakes - Eastern small-eyed snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Lowlands copperhead (Austrelaps superbus) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Dwyer's snake (Parasuta...
  10. I

License question

​Can you get any frogs that don't require a license?
  11. T

Frogs for beginners

Hi everyone. I am looking to extend my collection and want to get some frogs. My questions are: 1. What frogs are good for beginners? 2. Will they go in a 30cm x 30cm x 45cm exo terra enclosure? If not, which size exo-terra enclosure will I need? (I want to stick with exo-terra if I can as...
  12. F

green phase southern brown tree frog losing colour

hi guys, recently one of my green phase southern browns has been fading and losing his green colours. Compared to the other 2 he s far more dull and less vibrant. does anyone know what might be causing this and if there is anything i can do to fix it?
  13. Womagaunt

Can anyone help please? :)

Just trying to identify this frog i found in my backyard i live in the sutherland shire NSW cheers :)
  14. richoman_3

Swamp skinks and more herps!

just some of da latest herpings! hope you enjoy le pics! ill start with the snake food! Whites Skink (Liopholis whitii) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr now some human food!!! (Tastes good with tomato sauce) IMG_5108 by Nick Volpe, on Flickr yay snakes! Little Whip Snake (Parasuta...
  15. PythonOwner25

March Herping Melbourne

Hey all, Have been herping quite a bit around Melbourne recently. Few new species to add to the list which is always nice! Enjoy the photos. :) McCoy's Skink (Nannoscincus maccoyi) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Coventry's Skink (Niveoscincus coventryi) by Matt Clancy...
  16. Levold

What did you get today at the VHS Expo?

I got some rats and a possible female kimberly phase norrhern bluey. Kind of glad I didnt splurge on an albino darwin hatchy. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  17. Vikingtimbo

Melbourne Frog ID

Hi, I'm afraid I know nothing at all about frogs except that my local Tiger Snake friends really seem to like them! So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what these two species are. I found them both in a pond in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs today. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Tim
  18. cheekabee

More herping pics Melbourne

Just a few more Melbourne herping pics from these summer holidays which are unfortunately over and which went way to quick. Can't complain though as I had a good time. Lizards Weasel Skink(Saproscincus mustelinus) with eggs, in shared laying site by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Delicate...
  19. richoman_3

More Herping Pics

just some of my latest herping pics around melbourne and the mornington peninsula ... (no snakes :'( ) i found some pretty loveable blotched blue tongues! Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr...
  20. PythonOwner25

East Gippsland VIC & South Coast NSW

Went for a month long trip to the East Gippsland area of Victoria as i do over summer every year, and also ventured a little into south coast Nsw. Found many interesting reptiles as usual and also some stunning frog species. Enjoy :D Eastern Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) by Matt Clancy...
  21. Levold

I'd these 2 frogs please.

What are these frogs? Thanks. Is one a spotted marsh frog? Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  22. PythonOwner25

Melbourne Frogs

Hey all, went out for a herp last night as the weather was warm, wet and humid. Perfect for some of Melbourne's interesting frog species to be out and about. Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes tasmaniensis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria Peronii) by...
  23. KristenJ

Almost finished vivarium

So tonight I planted in the viv I have been working on for the past few weeks, and I just wanted to share it with people who actually care, rather than roll their eyes everytime I mention ANYTHING herp related hahah. :) The front (The empty bit) is going to be for the water. I have a water...
  24. V

Tomato coloured Brown Tree Frog

A little less than a month ago whilst with richoman_3 whilst on the way to wombat state park my dad took a bit of a wrong turn and went in the wrong direction and went down some road and then decided to stop as there were sheets of wood on the ground. Under them lay several very beautiful...
  25. richoman_3

Some frogs pics

Some Frogging pics i went to kinglake with vicherps yesterday to track down some frogs, we wanted to find litoria paraewingii, going during the day made the task basically impossible though, as in Kinglake litoria ewingii also occurs, and the species can only be told apart from call, and as it...
  26. T

South Aussie Frog Lovers

Hi all , I am really interested in setting up a South Australian Group for people who have frogs as pets. If your interested please let me know. There was a FROGSA group , which I am not sure is still going. Ultimately I would love to set something up like FATS NSW or Victoria. It would be...
  27. J

Field Trip, Central/East Vic (Mainly mammals)

Field Trip, Central/East Vic (Mainly Gliders and Possums) I recently spent two weekends, one last year and one more recently helping with some field work on possums in one location in Victoria. These are some of the pics from the two trips which mainly consist of the various possums and gliders...
  28. V

Herping finds

So last night i took the chance to go herping to a spot close to where i live. My dad and i waited until it was dark when the frogs were readily calling. I heard the distinctive call of the Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria peronii) and managed to locate one on a tree. There was also another one we...
  29. J

Do you have other reptiles besides snakes?

I was just curious if all you snake lovers were also interested or have Any other types of reptiles as well?
  30. noni

frog ID?

Hey guys any idea what this little guy is? Sorry the pic isn't great; I was trying not to fall into the pool or into the gross slug-riddled bushes near my feet. He is about 4cm long or so and I'm in St Clair, Western Syd. ta :)
  31. U

Are Litoria Fallax availible is SA?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if Litoria Fallax were availible for sale in South Australia? This is because i have just recently received been given a Fallax from the petshop!! Well i ask for it anyways.. The frog was originally a banana box frog and was given to the petshop from the fruitshop...
  32. R

Any frog breeders??

Im wanting to buy a frog. I have the licence, now just need setup. What will I need for the setup please. I want to get it set up right before I buy my frog Thanks for any guidance
  33. Tipsylama

Just afew pictures of the southern brown tree frogs in the garden,

Here is a few pictures from around my front pond and garden tonight. This one is great i managed to get a few insects a female tree frog and a water spider in the one picture without realizing :P i was rather happy with this one :) hope you like it, Female southern brown tree frog. This...
  34. Jewyy95

What must you have for frogs

Hey everyone, im looking into getting an my frog licence but firstly i wanted to verify some things i will need for my frogs if i get them. Can you give me some useful tips and some good facts on what to feed them etc. Im new to the frog scene but im highly interested and will take good care if...
  35. blueyman

frog i.d please

could somebody please i.d these cheers cam
  36. JoeGym

Can anyone identify this ground frog?

We found this frog in the backyard (Melbourne suburb) after heavy rain. It's about 45mm long. Can anyone recognise this species? Cheers!
  37. Froggiestyle

my new marshies tank!

here is my new tank for the marshies, was only using a 1ft tank for them while i waited for this tank, only cost me $20 off someone in adelaide. this is my tank with pictures and tell me what you think. going to work on it more tomorrow and ill repost some pictures of the updates on it :-)
  38. Tassieherps11

New Addition!

last night i went fishing along a dam and just doing what i do i rummaged through a pile of rocks on the side of the small dam to find myself a little southern brown tree frog :) he is such a cool little guy and with personality already!! he likes to snuggle as such u[ in the warm part of my...
  39. reptilife

Freighting Frogs....

I really need some advice please! I have some small tree frogs (Litoria Ewingii) which I have sold and a buyer is asking me to 'post' them. How can frogs be transported? Can they be sent via regular mail if packaged safely? Has anyone freighted frogs before? Any advice VERY welcome!
  40. jesskie

Eastern Water Skink babies!!!!!!

Came home from work to find this little one in the tank! Now i think there are two and hopefully more to come!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  41. K

Rescued Frog! What Type?

Hi, I found this little guy (it wasn't fat when I found it) as it was about to be eaten by some very naught puppies. I know the picture is not great but it changes colour from a dark brown to this light creamy colour. The insides of its legs are yellow. I found it in the Maitland area...
  42. hornet

What small frogs are available to the general keeper?

I'm very keen on adding frogs to my collection, would love a colony of a small species so just wondering whats available to the average keeper? I would love some kind of froglet or toadlet if they are available. Failing that what small tree frogs are in the hobby, i quite like the little sedge...
  43. Chris1

frog id

a friend of mine living on the central coast has been stalking the frogs in her yard and finally got some pix,..her hubby thinks the rough looking one might be a canetoad but isnt sure,...anyone know what they are? :) Thanks, Chris.
  44. Stevo2

Is this Litoria rubella?

This little guy has visited me 2 nights in a row; tonight I caught a few photos to try and identify him. Location is Townsville.
  45. cement

Frog ID Please

Can anyone id these frogs please? I The first was near Canberra, and the second at Watagan Ck, Laguna. And check out the yellow power ranger fly!
  46. Sparkletron

WTB SOUTHERN BROWN TREE FROGS, Litoria Ewingii

Looking for 1-3 southern brown tree frogs, will pickup within most of vic. Aiming for $15-$25 price range.
  47. spongebob

Herping NZ

I need some advice. Just booked to go over to Christchurch for a few days with my son. Would it be stupid of me to go herping. I've been to North Island in spring and saw nothing, I mean nothing. Even went to see the tut on Soames Island but to no avail. Any Kiwi's out there who can help? Bob
  48. buttss66

brown tree frog ID

Just hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is a Southern Brown Tree Frog. It was found in a bag of mulch but I don't know where the mulch came from. He's about 25mm long.
  49. mckellar007

ID?

was out in the garden and i found this little froggie.... im in the northeast melbourne suburbs, eltham to be exact. sorry about the horrible quailty pics, i only had my camera phone on hand. can anyone id him for me?
  50. FROGGIESrCUTEo_O

native froggy question

I have some froggies all around my area. I have defined the breed down to Litoria ewingi (Southern brown tree frog) or Litoria paraewingi (Victoria frog). Well there is orange on the back of its' legs if that helps! Here's a pic of it. Thanks Froggies:D
Back