varanus rosenbergi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Rosenberg's Monitor - Not Eating / Feeding Tips & General Care

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can gain some knowledge regarding my 1.5 year-old Rosenberg's Monitor (Heath Monitor). 1. It's been 2 weeks now and she has only eaten once and didn't eat very much at that. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue or has any ideas how to get her feeding...
  2. benc63

Footprints in the sand

Footprints in the sand Come for a walk with me. We will start out on the beach at sunrise and head out for the day, explore and delight at the wonders along the way. Pied cormorants stalk the tidal shelves and pools where a pretty Rose Petal Bubble shell glides amongst the kelp. A...
  3. I

New additions!

Had these hatch out last month:). KI locale.
  4. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  5. Nero Egernia

Calming or "Taming" Monitor Lizards

This is a topic that I have relatively little experience in, and as a result I've been scouring many sources to satiate my curiosity. From what I have found there appears to be two schools of thought, "complete and constant exposure" to humans and their environment such as regular handling...
  6. M

Reptile at Blue Mountains NP: ID please!

Hello everybody, can anyone ID this nice fellow? I found this one at the Blue Mountains NP in November 29th, 2009. Thanks in advance and best regards, Mario
  7. M

Varanus sp. on Kangaroo Island: ID please!

Hello everybody, I found this Varanus sp. on Kangaroo Island on March 2nd, 2010. Can anyone ID this one? Thanks in advance and regards, Mario
  8. B

Monitor ID: Heath or Lace?

Hey guys, I found this monitor today in bushland around Lucas Heights. This monitor was much smaller than the typical large Lace Monitors and I was wondering if it was a Heath Monitor? Also could you tell me how to differentiate the two. I did notice heaps of termite mounds about in the area so...
  9. J

Lacie termite mound

Does anyone have any pictures of a termite mound that is used as a nest for lace monitor. Preferably one with a visible dig hole, either opened or re-sealed
  10. zack13

Heath Monitor?

Hey everyone I'm just checking to get a 100% ID although I think I'm right. While driving on the northern beaches today I saw a monitor crossing the road. Seeing as I was on my way to go bush bashing and had my camera on me I stopped and took photos. I believe this to be a heath monitor not a...
  11. A

New Enclosure

Hey, I'm into saving money were I can so here is my new project we knocked this out today so here it is. Bottom an sides Being secured. Sides, back, Bottom in place. Basking Lamp 150w $9 bunnings Special. Enclosure built Testing the Light. Needing doors now.
  12. D

Outdoor enclosures for Monitors

Hey Guys I'm looking at the possibly of building a large outdoor enclosure for either a goulds or southern Heath monitor. Just looking for ideas or suggestions on how best to go about it. It's a long term project as I can't legally get one for another 12 months due to WAs keeping laws so it...
  13. P

Victorian Reptile Keepers - Licence Schedule Update

Important news for vic reptile keepers To Victorian Reptile Keepers, As some of you may know, an update to our licence schedule will take place mid next year like it has many years before. With this update it will be bringing on a lot of new species for us to keep, however from what I have...
  14. D

heath/ rosenberg monitor infomation

Hi guys I'm still in the dilemma of what type of monitor to buy. I have been doing a fair bit of research about a few breeds, goulds, laceys, mertens, yellow spotted etc but haven't been able to find much infomation on the Heath monitor. Few questions What type of enclosure setup is...
  15. J

Small monitor

What is the smallest monitor besides akies. I currently have 2 sand goannas in my 4x2x2 tank but I'm getting rid of them because that is obviously to small for them. Oh and the monitor has to love the whole desert, sand, burrow thing because that is what the tank is like and I wouldn't want to...
  16. montay

Keeping lace monitors with other lizards

Hi - we are constructing a pit for our lace monitor. I have previously seen them kept with other lizard species if the pit is large enough - for example, I have seen them kept with adult eastern water dragons. Can others share their experiences of keeping lace monitors, in pits, with other...
  17. spinner_collis

Critters that call my work home

Hi Guys, Thought i'd share the herps which call my work home. We r home to a few diamond pythons, water dragons and a few lace monitors (i think they are lacies). We also have a 4ft red belly but is very camera shy and I havent managed to get a photo yet. These are photos from my iphone so...
  18. snakes123

Tonights Herping. Thick Tail and ID frog/toad

Decided to go out herring tonight, i actually got some luck and found a thick :) Just need an ID on the frog/toad. I also found this monitor yesterday which i think if a Heath Monitor? There hope you like it :)
  19. hector

adelaide zoo rosenbergs

[URL="http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/the-cutest-reptile-youre-goanna-see/story-e6frea6u-1226167496685"] if the link dosent work google adelaide zoo rosenbergs
  20. snakes123

Herping out the front yard. Monitor

I think its a small lace monitor?? Every year in the summer months there is always a big lace monitor that wonders through out front lawn every few days. So this might be one of its kids? :) Sorry for the bad pics didn't have the DSLR at mums.
  21. hector

monitor regurgetated mouse

Hi ,my 1 year old heath monitor regurgetated a mouse he ate last night. He digested the fur and limbs, it was just the torso. His basking spot is 52c. Any suggestions why? Over the week he ate more then usual so could he be over full?I've fed him some woodies to see if he eats them tonight, if...
  22. kawasakirider

How did you get into reptiles? What is your favourite reptile, and why?

As the title says guys, what is your favourite reptile, and why is it your favourite? Also how did you guys get into keeping reptiles? I've always been fascinated with anything out of the ordinary, I love sharks and crocodiles, and I've always been fascinated with snakes. My GF suggested we...
  23. E

Hi fellow herpers.

Hi, My name is Eli and I'm an avid reptile enthusiast from SA. I've been keeping reptiles since i was about 15. I was quite naive back then and would often sell/swap animals frequently, something i now regret. Some of my old reptiles included a black headed python, a pair of diamonds, a...
  24. D

Guess - Lizard

Same rules as 'Guess'.
  25. moloch05

The Royal NP

Hello everyone, This has been a busy year for me at work and I have not been out much. I have only been up to Royal National Park a couple of times this summer. One of those trips was on Good Friday. The weather was mild and sunny so I decided to go on a bush walk up at Royal. I love the...
  26. Retic

Rosenbergs or Heath Monitor

Scientific Name Varanus rosenbergi Common Name Rosenbergs or Heath Monitor Age Around 6 years. Sex Male Size Approximately 1 meter, probably closer to 1.2. Quantity Available 1 Price 850 Bred By Unknown General Description Absolutely beautiful male Heath...
  27. G

heath monitors

wanted heath monitor pair PM me if any availiable or info thanks
  28. J

pair heath monitors

Scientific Name varanus rosenbergi Common Name heath monitor Age 2-3 years Sex M & F Size 1 metre Quantity Available 2 Price 2000 for pair Bred By General Description kangaroo island locale heaths, definate pair, great temperaments often handled, very regretful sale...
  29. L

heath monitors

another rosenbergs thread! anyone who owns these rare monitors please post pics of them and their enclosures and if you know any reliable herping spots this would all be appreciated thanks ---------- Post added 28-Dec-10 at 02:43 PM ---------- come on people
  30. beatlloydy

herping in my backyard

I am quite lucky in some respects...I live in Sydney but have the bush close by (500m as crow flies)...In last few years I have seen a couple of Brown and whip snakes (probably not so lucky there), Eastern Water Dragons, resident Water skinks, bluetongues and even a diamond python. I just leave...
  31. andrew_p

id some lizards please

went for a bush walk with the DLSR near my house and found a few lizards and i would love to know what types they are:)
  32. Fuscus

Lizard ID Please

Not 100% sure of this guy, any help
  33. goneself

Rock Python

Hey all- I've recently been offered a nothern territory rock python (liasis oenpelliensis) Haven't seen any aound and just wondered if anyone here kept/bred/knew anything about them..
  34. geckos_are_great

spider and monitor i.ds

heres 3 spiders that i have no idea what they are and also a monitor which i think is heath monitor but have no idea.
  35. GeckoJosh

Guess the herp

Hey guys, Rules: Yes or no questions only Whoever wins does the next one
  36. zeppelyn80

what is this lizard?

Just wondering what type of monitor this is & what that mark on bottom of foot is? It had matching mark on the other back foot.
  37. moloch05

A few from the weekend

Jeroen, a grad student from the Netherlands, visited me over the weekend. I took him up to Royal NP yesterday. It was a hot day so we did not see a great deal in the open but we did enconter a few interesting animals. The coast walk at Royal is one of my favourites due to its exceptional...
  38. benc63

Time and place

You can search and search for those elusive herps but every now and then you can just be in the right place at the right time. Here is a juvenile Heath monitor (Varanus rosenbergi) emerging from its nesting site in a termite mound.
  39. phoebe

Monitor ID

I took this photo over a year ago and have always thought this monitor to be a heath monitor (Varanus rosenbergi). I am now having second thoughts and now believe it to be a Gould's monitor (Varanus gouldii). He was only a young one and was found at Awabakal in Newcastle. Could someone confirm...
  40. Jay84

Christmas day herping/ camping trip to northern VIC.

So Jordo, Kupper and i arranged to go on a herping trip on xmas day for 2 nights....... off we went with a fully packed car and esky lol. Driving for hours, numb bums, hungry bellies and eager for some reptiles. The weather wasn't great as the nights were forecast to be cool, but all in all...
  41. nathan09

Legal in Australia?

Water monitor (Varanus salvator), are they legal in australia?
  42. Sdaji

Bardick Pictures

The older Victorian herpers will all be familiar with this snake, many of them have searched for years to find one, some successfully, some not. Strangely, many of the younger herpers these days don't even know what a Bardick is. They're extremely interesting snakes. They don't look like much...
  43. Acrochordus

Some Recent Herping & New Camera Set Up

On the 11th to the 13th of December, Me and my dad drove to Yengo National Park it was an hour drive from my place, we got there at 2 o' clock in the afternoon on the Friday. We Camped at Mogo Creek Camping Spot. We unpacked the car and got ready for the night. Straight away i spotted a Jacky...
  44. Acrochordus

Royal NP ( 17th & 18th November)

On the 17th & 18th of November i visited the Royal National Park we court the ferry over to Bundeena were we walked the streets until we got to the start of are walk, it was a warmish day but with a very strong wind, which was making it really hard to walk. We started walking along the Coast...
  45. T

Goanna

ok ive had snakes for over 10 years but never had a lizard...ive caught plenty but never kept one. after seeing a 2mtr goanna at a friends place the other day it has got me thinking about them.. i remember hearing that goanna was the aboriginal name so its some form of lace monitor im guessing...
  46. JasonL

More Hobbiton Herps

A few pics of a couple of herps we found last night... we again saw dozens and dozens of U. milii and quite a few D. vittatus as well, and a host of various other critters worth the walk, but only two got the camera out of the bag....so here they are..... A Hobbiton Carpet Snake...
  47. Rach85

Found this guy

Took pics of this fella in my backyard. He hung around a little while before cruising off :) Don't know much about monitors, or lizards in general. Rach
  48. reptilerob

A few photos from recent herping trips

My wife (rett82) and i have been out a few times with the camera in the last week or so looking around for reptiles and other animals to photograph. Here are a few we have stumbled across. Some of you may have already seen this one from another thread, And here is a photoshopped...
  49. reptilefan95

Here's another one for you!

OK guys so ive been thinking ( i know its a shocking thing to do over the school holidays) but generally baby animals and hatchlings are born more dull and drab than their parents, i came to a few conculsions on why this might be... firstly they arent fully developed so dont have full colour...
  50. Sock Puppet

West Head - Mt Kuringai

My brother & I went for a walk out at West Head the other week. We'd left a little late, so didn't see too much in the way of herps. Saw what I think was a Cunningham's, but he took off before I could raise the camera. Saw plenty of tracks though, so they are obviously active. Saw a number of...
Back