egernia stokesii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SpilotaFreak78

Cunninghams skinks and skin regrowth

Hey I've got a cunninghams skink that was recently injured from a burn. I just wanted to ask if others have had situations where these skinks regrew skin and limbs and etc and would like to talk about their experiences?
  2. Herpo

A Change of Plans

Hi all, So basically, a few changes have occurred. We might not be moving at all (whoo) or be moving to a smaller house than we thought. This means that sadly, and olive python may not be a realisable goal as of now. So I'm seizing the opportunity for lizards. I'm looking for something that: -...
  3. BredliFreak

Show us your rare herps!

Show off your uncommonly kept or rare herps, or rare/interesting things you have found. Pics are wanted, but if you can give me evidence of rare stuff you have seen without pics then that is OK too. One of mine (well, my brother found it): Masked rock skink (Liopholis margaretae margaretae)...
  4. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  5. moloch05

Broken Hill and Menindee, NSW. Mar 2014

These are photos from a quick trip out to Broken Hill and Menindee in northwestern New South Wales. These areas are quite a distance from Canberra where I am currently working. I clocked over 3500 kms of driving in 4 days so I spent much of my time behind the steering wheel. As always, though...
  6. Barrett

Broken Hill Herping

Hey everyone. I am making this thread to upload photos of each time I go herping in my local area; Broken Hill. I had a few good photos from a year ago, though not sure if I made a post for them as my laptop died recently, so lost a few photos. A few landscape photos from the past couple...
  7. richoman_3

Herp Trip to South Australia

Well last Tuesday night after watching some epic cricket, matthew (pythonwner or some boring name like that on here) got ready to get up at 4am to get a flight to Adelaide. Arriving at Adelaide we met up with JP from QLD and waited for shawn (rocket) to pick us up. We went to his house and saw...
  8. D

Herping 2012

Last year I looked for snakes and lizards. I found some. Cairns Dry Season Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Junguy by J. Kelk, on Flickr Stegonotus cucullatus by J. Kelk, on Flickr Lepidodactylus...
  9. GeckPhotographer

A few recent reptile pictures part 1 of 2. Arid South Eastern Lizards.

So a little while ago I finished all my Uni exams for the year and my mother decided this meant we should visit the family in Adelaide. Since I'm such a keen herper I convinced her the best way to do this would be to drive from Newcastle to Broken Hill, and then down from there to Adelaide. This...
  10. Poggle

Reptile Photography

I have seen some beautiful photo's on here recently. I am getting into photography more and more and would love some tips of some one is willing to give them to me. Also if people could post osme more great pics of their snakes that would be great! First one is a RBB and second a pain in the...
  11. H

GECKO/DRAGON/SKINK etc. Pics

Hey guys, just wanted to see some of the impressive little reptiles you got, I especially love beardie's my dragon is sleeping now and he's fairly dull whilst sleeping so once awake Ill upload a pic, hes a beautiful red. So lets see em! Every lizard of any kind!
  12. Ailurus

Sexing Gidgee Skinks Egernia stokesii

I am trying to find information online on a definitive way to determine the sex of Egernia stokesii. The only methods I have found are: - Introduce them and see what happens, but seeing as I currently only have one, that is difficult and also it can leave to casualties which I don't really want...
  13. hrafna

heads up for the penrith expo!

just wondering if anyone would be interested in divulging what they may be selling at the penrith expo on the 15th? just want a heads up as to how much money i should be bringing with me! thanks.
  14. Ailurus

Hello from the UK

Hello all, I have been a member on here a while but never posted anything. My names Tom, I'm 20 and live in England. I am currently studying for a degree in Zoology at Royal Holloway University of London, and in my spare time I keep reptiles. My main interest lies in Australian Skinks...
  15. Froggiestyle

my new marshies tank!

here is my new tank for the marshies, was only using a 1ft tank for them while i waited for this tank, only cost me $20 off someone in adelaide. this is my tank with pictures and tell me what you think. going to work on it more tomorrow and ill repost some pictures of the updates on it :-)
  16. reptilife

Egernia Stokesii (Gidgee Skink) Adult Female

I know it's a long shot..... I am STILL searching for a female Gidgee Skink in Melbourne, or west of. I have a male who has been on his own for many years and I'd love to find company for him. Cheers!
  17. reptilife

Gidgee Skinks - Egernia Stokesii

Wanted to buy now... cash buyer. Egernia Stokesii singles, pair, or small colony. Experienced keeper. **Would the member from Melbourne who recently had a pair available contact me again via PM please! I am now in a position to buy.**
  18. D

Question or two

What large skinks can go together? As in, could I put an Egernia Stokesii, a tiliqua scincoides, and an Egernia Cunninghami together? Also, would they drink/bathe in a big enough waterfall?
  19. F

Gidgee skink for sale

Scientific Name Egernia stokesii Common Name Gidgee skink Age Adult Sex Probably male - the vet was unable to sex him, but she gave him an ultrasound and could not detect any ovarian follicles. So he is either a male or a non-cycling female. Size 20 cm snout to tail tip Quantity...
  20. reptilife

Egernia Stokesii (Gidgee Skink)

Trying to source a pair/colony of E. Stokesii. If colony, prefer single male. Prefer Victoria. Please PM me if you can help...
  21. S

Gidgee Skink

Scientific Name Egernia stokesii Common Name Gidgee Skink Age about 2 years Sex Unknown Size 12-14cm, hard to pin point cos his so fast Quantity Available 1 Price $50 Bred By General Description Very regretful sale, I love my little guy but i have to downsize my lizard...
  22. lizardman59

can you get spiny tail skinks in WA

or can you only get them in other states if you could tell me that would be great cheers;)
  23. MoOrelia

Rough scalled python teeth !!

Hi guyz, some questions about this gorgeous and maybe rarest morelia ever. Does someone have pictures of the inside mouth ?? apparently some people describe this snake as the biggest tooth for a non venomous snake !! Usually everybody think about GTP or corallus caninus, but apparently the...
  24. snake_freak

Herping in Witchelina, South Australia

Just got back from a week of mid-winter herping in Witchelina, South Australia. Bit of info for anyone interested (Full thing available from http://www.environment.gov.au/parks/nrs/getting-involved/case-studies/witchelina.html): Witchelina is a vast conservation area in the arid heartland...
  25. Nephrurus

Broken Hill Herp'n

I recently headed out to Broken Hill for a friend's wedding, but I took the opportunity to go out and do a bit of herping while I was at it. Going with some mates out to see the sculptures in the Living Desert NP. While we were there it was pleasantly clear and warm and a few herps came out...
  26. Brettix

Egernia Post Off

Lets see some Egernia sp people,I'm hooked on these atm and can't see enough pics. I am looking at buying a few different sp this season so just want to see variety and whats around,thanks
  27. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt2

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks This is the most diverse and abundant family of reptiles in Australia. Members of this family have adapted to virtually all habitats and may be found from tide pools to alpine areas. They range from a tiny islet south of Tasmania up through the Torres Strait Islands north...
  28. J

Gidgee Skinks - Egernia stokesii

Scientific Name Egernia stokesii Common Name Gidgee Skinks Age Adult Sex Pair Length Adult size Quantity Available Pair Bred By General Description Adult pair of Gidgee's available, haven't bred but are still young. Location Brisbane Willing to Freight? At buyers expense...
  29. moloch05

pics from far western NSW

I visited the Fowler's Gap area for a night in October, 2006. Fowler's Gap is located to the north of Broken HIll along the road that eventually passed to Tibooburra. The University of New South Wales operates an arid land research station here. This place is a bleak, inhospitible part of the...
  30. Reptile_Boy

Pricey Geckos

Hey all. Just a question. you know how asper and amyae are highly priced geckos does the northen prickly knob tail (nephrurus sheai) get a high price as well AND HOW MUCH ARE THEY? they are all lovely lizards. AND ANY PICS OF YOUR PRICY LIZARDS AND THE PRICE U PICKED EM UP FOR AS...
  31. jordo

Spike?

Many pet bearded dragons are named "Spike" due to there appearance, but these guys are the real deal :P Enjoy :)
  32. I

Is it an Aussie????

Saw this on arp site, ive never seen one, are they native or some new guinea skink or something???? Gidgee skink. same animal (sp)
  33. earthmother

a Land Mullet?

Moths friend took this in his yard. Is it a Land Mullet. He said it was very long and he thought it was a small goanna at 1st from a distance, with no glasses on while drunk. lol Em
Back