litoria splendida

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. X

What lizards would you put in paludarium style enclosure??

I was looking for input on what others would put in a paludarium style enclosure similar to images attached. I was looking at getting a lizard, not snake (as a member of the household is terrified) I love geckos but don't know of any that live in this sort of environment and have also looked...
  2. cagey

Boa Constrictor in Geelong

Boa constrictor seized from Geelong residence
  3. o-Lara-o

Magnificent Tree Frogs

Scientific Name Litoria splendida Common Name Magnificent Tree Frog / Splendid Tree Frog Age 1.5 years old, metamorphosed in December 2012 Size 8cm Quantity Available 1 male and female pair Bred By Rob Porter General Description 2 gorgeous little froggies for sale, are both absolute...
  4. G

Magnificent Tree Frog

Litoria Splendida Sub adult, nice animal. $50 pick up only. Glenn - Gold Coast Ph: 0420 311 678 - - - Updated - - - Sold
  5. SarahScales

Green Tree Frog Enclosure

Hi guys! Just thought I would show you my most recent tank build. This one is going to be for Magnificent Tree Frogs eventually but has some little Green Tree Frogs enjoying it at the moment. I started with the Exo Terra Tall/Wide. I must say I was surprised at the sheer quality of this...
  6. G

Magnificent Tree Frogs

Litoria splendida - Magnificent Tree Frogs 3 sub adults @$50 each or all 3 for $120 Feeding well, growing fast. Prefer not to freight. Glenn Gold Coast 0420 311 678 - - - Updated - - - On hold pending payment/pick up. - - - Updated - - - Sold.
  7. P

Worried about GTF!!

Hi ! I have two green tree frogs that have been happy, bright green and croaking for roughly 3 years. They are still following these healthy habits, except the male has developed light green/ white dots on his back (not the natural ones on his flanks) I wasnt too worried when their was only a...
  8. SamNabz

Live Plants

Not sure if this is the right area of the forum to post this, but I was wondering if anyone keeps live plants in a vivarium and if so what species. This is probably best suited for frog keepers to answer, but any info. and some setup pics would be great.
  9. Y

Photos of your frogs thread

Hey, thought I'd start one of these threads to have a look at what everyone's got! Here's a video I made ages ago aswell, i don't have the red eyeds anymore. Video Australian Green tree frogs & red eyes - eating pinkies(mice) + breeding - YouTube - ybn
  10. GeckPhotographer

Herping in the Kimberley

Recently I spent 3 weeks volunteering in the Eastern Kimberley with a scientific project radio tracking monitors, both Varanus panoptes and Varanus mertensi. The research was being conducted at El Questro Station a popular tourist destination in the East Kimberley and involved many different...
  11. wasgij

Magnificent tree frogs

Scientific Name litoria splendida Common Name magnificent tree frogs Age juv/sub adult Size 4-5 inches Quantity Available 5 Bred By janet johns General Description 5 lovely mags, getting out of frogs to concentrate on my snakes. 40ea or all for 150. Location melb SE Willing to...
  12. rosequoll

Frog poo - something is not right! Help?

Disclaimer to start, vet will be called in the AM. Frog is a magnificent tree frog morph. Fed on crickets, right size, frog in a bare bottomed tank (for cleaning) with three water dishes (with rocks) and a plant. Humidity is kept high, temps are correct (HIGH, they need to be MUCH warmer than...
  13. drobbo

Magnificant Tree Frogs

Scientific Name Litoria splendida Common Name Magnificant Tree Frogs Age 7 Weeks Size Up to 2cm Quantity Available 55 Bred By Me General Description 7 week old morphs eating well on pin sized crickets, nicely coloured Location Cessnock Willing to Freight? No Contact Details...
  14. rosequoll

Wanted! Magnificent Tree Frog!

Desperate to find some Magnificent/Splendid tree frogs. I've been casually searching for a while but I'm tired of finding nothing! Any help finding some would be appreciated. Happy to drive up to an hour and a half from Brissie to pick them up, or pay freight if anyone is willing to ship.
  15. wasgij

Different/unusual frogs!

Hi guys, I've kept plenty of frogs but I would like to see or hear of some of the more unusual species being kept!
  16. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  17. B

WTB 2 baby GTF or Magnificent/Splendid Tree Frog

Hello, I live in QLD South Brisbane. I'm keen for 2 Litoria splendida or Litoria caerulea. I've been looking for a long time and no one is ever willing to freight to QLD. And since its summer i thought they'd be popping up around everywhere. I'm willing to pick up if the destination is about...
  18. R

Any frog breeders??

Im wanting to buy a frog. I have the licence, now just need setup. What will I need for the setup please. I want to get it set up right before I buy my frog Thanks for any guidance
  19. S

WA is asking for your help!!!!!!!!!

What’s in it for the other States? When reptile keeping became legal in WA nearly 10 years ago a large number of animals were able to be exported to the other states of Australia. Animals such as: Pilbara Stimson pythons Wheatbelt Stimson Pythons Pilbara Woma’s Pilbara BHP’s Kimberley BHP’s...
  20. R

Magnificient Tree Frogs Litoria Splendida x6

Scientific Name Litoria Splendida Common Name Magnificient Tree Frog Age 18 months ~ Size 7cms ~ Quantity Available 6 Bred By Can't Remember, imported them from QLD january 2010 General Description For sale are 6 Magnificient Tree Frogs captive bred and imported from QLD from a...
  21. wasgij

Litoria Splendida, Rothii, leuseurii

after Litoria Splendida, Rothii, leuseurii. pm if you can help cheers.
  22. wasgij

litoria splendida

looking for some litoria splendida. pm if you can help. thanks.
  23. Jewyy95

What must you have for frogs

Hey everyone, im looking into getting an my frog licence but firstly i wanted to verify some things i will need for my frogs if i get them. Can you give me some useful tips and some good facts on what to feed them etc. Im new to the frog scene but im highly interested and will take good care if...
  24. F

East coast VS West coast

Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very...
  25. R

Plant Help - were to buy

greetings all i am looking to purchase some plants for a Frog Vavarium & carnt seem to find them if anybody has any thoughts on these or ides as to were i can purchase them in Melbourne i would be very gratefull the plants that i require are as follows Bella Palm Borneo Sword...
  26. My_Snakey

No Grinner in WA :-(

My husband and I are moving to WA, but I have just been told by Domestic Quarantine that my Bredli Python, Grinner, isn't allowed into WA. Is this right? Is there no way that I can bring my much loved pet into WA? The man on the phone told me "Well atleast you know now and have time to give him...
  27. porkosta

Please ID These

Hi I just got back from Fiji and was just wondering if anyone could ID these geckos and toads that I saw there? The were out every night in the hundreds so just wondering if anyone knew what they were. Thanks, Andy
  28. A

Magnificent tree frog babies for sale

Scientific Name Litoria Splendida Common Name Magnificent Tree Frog Age 2 months + Sex Unknown Size 3 cms Quantity Available 30 left Price $30.00 each Bred By Me General Description Healthy captive bred frogs, all spotted and all growing like...
  29. S

Looking at getting a frog

Hi there, I've been toying with the idea of getting a green tree frog (or a white lipped, or red eye green) for a little while. My partner and I have a spotted python who is about 5yrs old. I was wondering how difficult frogs are to care for. I have a yabbie, as well as our spottted, so both...
  30. jaclyndaniel

What sex is my frog?

Hello all, I have had my frog for a while now since it was really small. It is now about 12 months old and I have researched for ages what the small signs are for male/female. It doesnt make a sound, not a croak, a sigh or anything. It is an inch and a half long round a bouts. I have been told...
  31. D

Frogs

Any Peron's Tree Frogs (Litoria Peronii) or Magnificent Tree Frogs (Litoria Splendida) contact me let me know the age/size and price
  32. Jimmy007

FS: Magnificent Tree Frog

Scientific Name Litoria Splendida Common Name Magnificent Tree Frog Age Around 7 month`s Sex ? Size Medium Quantity Available 2 Price $50 each Bred By General Description Great looking Mag tree frogs, not many spots. Location Northside Brisbane. Can deliver...
  33. J

Frogs

Hi, I am new to the forum and would like to know about Magnificent Tree Frogs. I have two of them and would like to learn from others about how they care for their frogs. I have a great setup and they are very happy. Just want some confirmation on temp, lighting etc. I have two Repti Glo...
  34. Insectboy

latest licensing infomation for victoria

Hello I was just wondering if someone could put up a link to the latest reptile licensing information for Victoria. Thank you Insectboy
  35. hamish.p

blue tree frog ..

thought id put up some photos since th last blue frog i heard of which was photographed by Michael Cermac was eaten by its cage mate... im not really that into frogs but he is pretty cool...
  36. V

Magnificent Tree Frogs

Does anyone know where we can get some care sheets for Magnificent tree frog, any breeding tips would be greatly appreciated
  37. gregcranston

What new added species do Victorians want?

I thought I'd just start a thread asking which new species added to the Victorian licenses do people want to now get (in an ideal world)? I think maybe just keep it to your top 2, or else we could have some long lists, lol. Here is a reminder of what they are: As of the first of October 2009...
  38. CarpetPythons.com.au

New species added to Victorian wildlife license!

Glad to see victorians are finally allowed to keep what the rest of Australia is allowed to keep!
  39. V

Wanted Magnificent Tree Frogs

I am after adult Magnificent Tree frogs. Am willing to pay freight for adult animals contact 0413-005000
  40. wizz

Fat tail dunnarts

can you keep Fat tail dunnarts in QLD with out a permite ???? Thanks Dave
  41. KaaTom

New thread re state requirements etc

I was thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread on what can & cannot be kept in each state and on what licence. Also perhaps what is required for each state to import/export to other states????
  42. pythonmum

Here's lookin' at you (eye pics)

A friend of mine loves taking good photos of eyes and has the cameras to do it. Here are some shots he took a week ago. Photos by Andrew McPherson My beautiful girl - does she have a best side? Shakura and Tigger. I think his eyes are stunning, too, but Andrew is mesmerised by the albino...
  43. andyscott

Pinkies = FAT Frillies

Hi all, Every Sunday is now Pinkie day for my Frillies. They love the change from the crickets and woodies through the week. Once they see the tongs in my hand, they run up the branches ready for their weekly treat. Hope you enjoy the pics. 1st 3 are the Female, last 2 are the Male.
  44. J

WTB Magnificent tree frogs

Hi, my name is Josh and I am interested in buying some magnificent tree frogs.My email is josh_cook_ [email protected], Josh. :)
  45. Nephrurus

Kimberley Wildlife Surveys, once more with feeling

Ahoi there folks, I've just been up in the far NW of WA partaking in some fauna surveys. Needless to say we turn up some fairly special looking creatures. I've also just bought a new camera, so I took it up there with a view to learn how to use it. Unfortunately it still is somewhat...
  46. R

new species added to vic schedules???

hi all,was talking to a monitor keeper recently and apparently spotted trees are being added to the schedules for us victorians to keep,i knew a few years ago a number of species were put forward to be added to the schedules,im not sure if its true but he said it came from the horses mouth so...
  47. Wild~Touch

Night Time Raiders

This is one of my Night Time Raiders ever watchful for escapees from the woodie bin Enjoy :)
  48. A

Keeping 2 frog species together?

Does anyone know if its okay to keep a Litoria Caerulea(Green Tree Frog) with a Litoria Splendida(Magnificent Tree Frog)? I have looked around on google and some people say its fine as long as theyre a similar species and roughly the same size, but there are also articles that say you have to be...
  49. C

Hi to all

Hi I am avid frog person, love anything to do with them, my partner has Stimpsons, he can have his snakes as long as I have my frogs Currently have one very spoiled magnificent tree frog "Mr Magoo" Who loves watching TV Hoping to find him a mate
  50. C

Magnificent tree frogs

Hi I am trying to obtain a Magnificent tree frog, would prefer a female as I have one very lonely male who is currently calling most of the night looking for company Can anyone help I have tried all the WA petshops
Back