austrelaps labialis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Snake ID Kangaroo Island

Hello, Good to be back to this forum :) My sister just sent me this pic from Kangaroo Island Unfortunately no better images available. So as far as I know, there are only two snake species on KI. On the Google images it looks more like a Tiger Snake than a Pygmy Copperhead. Would you agree...
  2. Stuart

Elapid Relocation Thread

Considering the old thread was unfortunately lost, I'll start a new one with some original pictures of Elapids that have been relocated here .
  3. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  4. I

Adelaide Hills Pygmy Copperhead.

A callout from yesterday arvo revealled this lovely little beastie:)! I was chuffed to say the least!! More pics to follow as my camera ran out of battery after these pics (Murphy's Law). Anyway, hope these will suffice.
  5. moloch05

Wollongong -- late summer and autumn

Here are photos of various plants and animals from the Wollongong region. These photos were mostly taken from late summer to autumn. I have not been out all that much recently due to work commitments. A shot of typical habitat near Wollongong. The coastal forest is damp with eucalyptus...
  6. waruikazi

Smallest snake

I recon this would have to be a contender. Ramphotyphlops tovelli... i think.
  7. Cuddly_pony

What Snake for me??

Hi all I recently posted a thread about keeping snakes and having cats and the overall majority was that I could!! So now to decide which snake!!! I am a beginner at this and have never owned a snake I am 14yo and am very responsible having a Horse two cats and two budgies all welll looked after...
  8. Spritzer

Snake identity

If I've done this right heres a pic of a snake we spotted in the sand dunes of Innes National Park last weekend. We don't know a lot about snakes so have tried to look it up in books etc but still uncertain what type it is. Not a very good pic I'm afraid but you can just see the beautiful...
  9. saratoga

Copperheads

Our trip up to Sydney started well by finding this beautiful big orange Lowland Copperhead in Gippsland. It allowed us to get quite close before slowly moving off. Unfortunately for some of the photos it stuck its head through a spiderweb
  10. missllama

MY ANIMALS :) ... my zoo :D

Here are some photos of my animals or animals my partner and i have had in the past i also said i would add some photos of my spencers monitors set up for someone tommorow so they will be here in the afternoon :)
  11. Hickson

Holidays

I'm currently on holidays, and after a couple of major setbacks, things are beginning to look a bit better. Just thought I'd share some pics from the trip so far. Gundabooka National Park: Beardy, Shingleback, Gould's Monitors
  12. Snakeaholic

what kind of snake is this?

last weekend (fri 2/11/07 - sun 4/11/07) i went camping and on the way home we saw a couple of snakes basking on the dirt road. most i could identify except for this one which i thought was a brown snake at first but then i saw that it had a yellow underside. i am just wondering out of curiosity...
  13. C

Can anyone identify this dead snake for me?

Greetings from Adelaide. I am trying to identify this dead thing. Can anyone help? It looks like a snake to me but I guess it could be a lizard? Does anyone know what it is? It was found in the Adelaide Hills area of SA last week. Thank you, clop
  14. pugsly

How Many??

Different Sp. of pythons are there? Or rather how many different Pythons i.e Morelia Spilota Chenyei and Morelia Spilota McDowelli count as two not one. Obviously not including morphs, also say scrubs for example they come from different parts like the tanimbar, and halmahera and Moluccan...
Back