litoria nasuta

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dr-Zoidberg

A few frogs from work.

After the rain we've had over the last week, the frogs are breeding in mass. I work at a magnetite storage facility at the port. there is a lot of heavy industry around here. We have a catchment pond that collects storm water runoff from our yard. This pond is heavily polluted with truck wash...
  2. AlexandreRoux

My stay in Brisbane city

9 days in Brisbane and I spend some time in some "wild" places so I've met some interesting guys ! I've visited (very quickly) the Mt Coot-tha botanical garden, a nice experience. Dwarf tree frog, Green Tree snake, Cane toad, Asian House gecko, Water dragons, some turtles and some water skinks...
  3. Fang101

Tableland Herping

Hi Everyone, here are some photos I've taken recently up around Mareeba/Tablelands, hope you enjoy the photos. Tommy roundhead Diporiphora australis by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Diporiphora australis by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Dead Robust blind snake Ramphotyphlops ligatus by Kieran...
  4. Womagaunt

Can anyone help please? :)

Just trying to identify this frog i found in my backyard i live in the sutherland shire NSW cheers :)
  5. Fang101

CYHS Field trip

Went on the Cape York Herpetological Society field trip at the Mareeba Wetlands last night, there was only four people in total but we saw four Keelbacks, a Water python, a Darwin carpet python, a Brown bicarinate rainbow-skink, a Northern velvet gecko, a brush tail, about a dozen tarantulas...
  6. Barrett

Rocket frog help

Hey guys and gals, I'm currently on holidays in Pottsville and the cat of the house owner just brought a rocket frog inside. I quickly took the frog from the cat. It has three little lesions; one on it's head, behind the ear, one on the bum, and one on the side. It is still moving well and...
  7. Barrett

Frog ID's

Hi guys and gals, I am currently holidaying in Pottsville, NSW (part of the northern rivers and half an hour below Tweed City) I am trying to figure out if both these frogs are Rocket frogs, or if the larger one is a Freycinet frog or something else. Also, I am having trouble ID'ing this...
  8. ssnakeboyy

backyard herping (Picture heavy)

so i went herping today and saw a few animals and would like an ID on every animal if you know cause i dont know any of them. :) except for the coastal. and the diy background ive done at the start.
  9. T

Upper Katherine River, NT

Spent a night out on the upper Katherine River. There were lots of Freshie nests and Freshie tracks. But only saw one that took off before I got a good look and photo. No eyeshine out on the river. Only one nest had egg shell which looked like a successful hatching. One set of goanna tracks...
  10. T

Up on the Arnhemland Plateau

Doing a bit of a stroll around the place last week I managed a few herp photos that might be of interest here. I'm not the best on ID but others will probably know. The only snake I managed to get, almost as thin as a boot lace, Furina ornata, Orange-naped Snake. An interesting turtle...
  11. SnakeNBake

Burtons Legless

Found this little guy at mums place in Capalaba. I love the colouring.
  12. D

Herping NT to the Gulf of Carpentaria, Qld

In continuation from my previous posts, here is the 2nd to last chapter of a herping trip myself and a few friends went on from October-December 2010. Previous posts found below. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/nt-qld-herping-trip-western-155397/...
  13. HydroGoat

Noosa Nth Shore Frog ID + Legless Lizard in the driveway [Pic Heavy]

Hey guys, So we went up to Noosa Nth Shore this weekend camping, and I was a bit disappointed that I only saw a frog (we were in bushland). I had thought it was a toad, but investigation proved me wrong :D Apologies for crappy phone pics: So I was quite pleased when I a Burtons Legless...
  14. jordanmulder

frog id

hi guys, just wanted to be certain on the id on these frogs. so they are in order of marsh frog, broad palmed rocket frog, and eastern dwarf tree frog ? thanks for your help Jordan
  15. snakeluvver

Herping tips?

Hi guys, can you give me some tips for road herping on the Sunshine coast? What roads should we look on? Day or night? Ive driven on loads of roads on the sunshine coast day and night and have only ever seen a few toads and a Eastern Water Dragon (it ran across the road and got hit by a car :( )
  16. snakeluvver

Frog ID?

Hi I found this little guy outside, is he a rocket frog?
  17. hornet

Frog hunting tips?

Hey all, want to go out frogging but sadly i think i need some help. When i'm are not lookin for them i see them but last night i went for a drive thinkin a nice wet night would be perfect but no, was one of the worst trips i've been on, a few nights ago i went out phasmid hunting and found...
  18. StephenZozaya

Herping Australia during the worst time of year - Part 2

This is the second and final installment regarding this particular trip. The majority of the time I spent with Kris during his trans-Australia roadtrip was concentrated in the Top End of the Northern Territory. This is an amazing area of sandstone gorges, massive wetlands, extensive mangroves...
  19. G

Frog experts required!

I just went outside and took a few pics of some frogs at home. Can anyone tell me what kind they are? I assume the big fat green one is a green tree frog but as for those brown buddies can anyone help and ID them for me please?
  20. moloch05

Peruvian Amazon 7 -- Allpahuayo Mishana

My friends and I arrived in Iquitos four days before the start of the Margarita Tour. We also stayed an extra day after the completion of the tour. We spent most of these extra days out in the white sand forests of the Allpahuayo Mishana Reserve. This reserve was approximately 45 minutes by...
  21. M

SW QLD Herping Trip Part 5 - The Frogs

These are the frogs that we encountered on the trip, because of the wet weather there were frogs everywhere and we didn't stop for many so I'm sure many species were missed. I have attempted to ID some of the frogs but others I have no idea. If somebody could give a positive identification on...
  22. gus11

chillagoe

This weekend i was invited caving in Chillagoe, about 2 hours west of cairns. thought it would be fun and of course there was the chance for some new herps. on the way north we had to release this 3m carpet python unfortunately the car broke down on the palmeston, so it took us 2 hours to...
  23. froggyboy86

Northern Territory Frogging 2010

Hi guys, Just some pics from my trek across the NT this past month looking for some frog species I haven't seen before. It was a fairly successful trip with 19 new ones in all - unfortunately I was a bit late following the rains in the desert so I missed out on most of the frogs of the arid...
  24. Acrochordus

Frogging & Herping With Ryan Harvey

Well me and my family went up to the Mid North Coast the other week and i finally got to meet Ryan Harvey, some off you's might know him as ryanharvey1993 or jamesf55 or Mrgoodspeed, here are some of the herps and frogs i found with Ryan and on offer occassions. First i will start of with the...
  25. Kitah

Rain + weird noises = house guest

I was sitting on my bed, minding my own business reading a book on my laptop, and heard some really strange noises from my window, as if something was climbing up the wire (Theres mesh/wire up there to keep my cats in.. pitty it doesn't keep the mozzies out...) I pulled the blind forward and had...
  26. froggyboy86

Eulamprus sp. ID

Hi guys, Was wondering if someone could help me ID these Eulamprus sp. I found in rainforest in northern NSW whilst on a frogging trip this week. I'm thinking it is either martini or tenuis but no one I've spoken to has been able to confirm it either way... Cheers Aaron
  27. Kitah

Herping trip; frogs

Well, I was going to find snakes, though only saw one keelback... these are some of the frogs I stopped to take photos of.
  28. Fuscus

four minutes

Last time I asked for a frog ID it to 4 minutes to get a reply. Soo... here are the mug shots of tonight's victims and ......
  29. Ishah

Random Pics from the past few months herping (Pic Heavy)

Hey Guys (and girls), Here's a couple pics of a few things I've found over the past few months herping... Enjoy... A Lacey (I assume) that was in our carpark... I'd say it was roughly a sub adult... A BEAUTIFUL massive carpet (8ft+ roughly) that we almost hit down our road on...
  30. Kitah

Red-eyed? (pics)

Hey guys, a friend of mine found this lil guy in the 2nd floor hallway of the college, on the carpet.. we took him outside, but my question is, is he a red eyed green tree frog? Was yellow, green and had pinky/purply colour on the thighs; gorgeous little frog!
  31. sarah_m

Cairns and the Daintree

Hi All, on Sunday we got back from 12 days in Cairns and the Daintree. On previous trips we have been pretty unlucky with only the odd reptile ever seen, but this time the weather was warmer and more humid. It was great!!!!! Started seeing stuff from our first day there. Spent the first 6 days...
  32. Kitah

Marsh frog?

Hey guys.. is this a marsh frog? cute lil guy
  33. Jumala

Frog ID

this funky little guy was in one of the chickens water dishes. Luckily it was only chicks and not the full grown hens :o I wouldn't have liked his chances. Any ideas? and no I didn't get out the white nikko pen or photoshop the pic before anyone asks :P cheers Ange
  34. Nephrurus

Recent holiday to northern NSW.

G'day All, I recently went on a brief holiday to Northern NSW (near grafton). I couldn't help myself, so some herping was done. We did a quick trip to Mt Warning and found these two species (new ones to me). Assa darlingtoni, the pouched frog. The adults can happily fit onto a 5c...
  35. mrmikk

I.D. this frog

Can anyone ID this frog for me? He hopped into my office last night and was kind enough to pose for some photos. I am thinking either; 1. Litoria nasuta (Rocket Frog) 2. Crinia tinnula (Wallum Froglet) 3. Limnodynastes salmini (Salmon-striped Frog) I am thinking # 3, but hoping it is #2.
  36. Nephrurus

Last nights frogging.

As some of you may know, on the east coast around Sydney last night it was hot and humid. So, as storms threatened, we jumped in my car and headed North in search of the elusive green thighed frog Litoria brevipalmata (as well as some others). Although I didn't photograph every frog we found...
  37. Magpie

Cairns November get together herping

With the arrival of Bryony and the return of Stary_boy, the cairns get together has got going in great fashion. A trip today to a swimming area up on the tablelands returned some lovely herping. We saw 2 (unfortunately roadkilled) frill necked lizards. At the swimming spot we spotted some...
  38. Kimbully

Help ID this Frog

My friend found this frog in some fruit (vic) bananas I think and she is having trouble identifying it. I know the picture quality isn't very clear, but any guesses? Thanks :D Kim
  39. T

Would you kill a cat....

...with a collar? We know that cats are very detrimental to our native wildlife...and it has been said that if it's out of it's house/yard it's feral... But if it has a collar and you haven't seen it directly attacking wildlife... would you shot it, if you could? EDIT: I am not...
  40. Bench Warmer

Saved a snake today

I went for a late afternoon herp today in a section of bush a 20 minute hike from my house that was being developed,machines everywhere and huge ammounts of trees felled,it's on the base of a small mountain,and i got half way up and found a dumping ground of tin and boards etc,and i jumped the...
  41. Earthling

What sort of frog is this fella?

Ive had a couple of these guys leaping around the shed as of late. And I mean leap.... Anybody have any idea what sort they are......they look nice.
  42. jimmyd

Frog ID

Found this guy on the weekend at Maleny SE QLD, can anyone give me a ID? thanks jimmyd
  43. slim6y

Frogs of Wrights Creek

Hi people, Moved from my old place to Wrights Creek (South Cairns) and there are just hundreds of Green Tree Frogs (and a few species, but I seem to just find these ones when I have the camera out!) Number 3, 4 and 5 are the same frog in several poses :) They are continually inside my...
  44. nook171

went looking in the back yard

i could hear somthin jumping around so i got the spot light and spade thinking it was a toad but it was this little guy
  45. hornet

what herps have you seen in your area?

just thought it would be interesting 2 c what herp sp people have seen in their area, i will get the ball rolling, i live in gladstone qld, i have seen: emydura krefftii(kreffts turtle) diplodactylus vittatus(eastern stone gecko) hemidactylus frenatus(house gecko) heteronotia binoei(bynoes...
  46. Fuscus

Gretting from Orange

Just stayed in Orange, working doing both field work and database programming. Only got a couple of hours in herping. Saw heaps of cunningham skinks and a few other species
  47. Tommo

great herping

today i went looking for reptiles at fogg dam and i was impressed because of all the animals we saw. my dad drove me there and then we went onto the trail. at the end of the first trail we were disappointed because we hadnt seen a thing so we headed back then we nearly stepped on a green tree...
Back