limnodynastes peronii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

What have you been bitten by?

What have you been bitten by? Categories apply Skink: Small skinks (i.e eulamprus, saproscincus pseudemoia lampropholis). Blueys have tried (inlcuding pet one), haven't been bitten yet and am very paranoid lol Dragon: Many jackies Geckos/pygopods: Christinus marmoratus, once Monitors: none...
  2. R

best pet reptile for kids ?

hi , wondering what's the best pet reptile for kids I have eastern long neck turtle and two levis levis geckos but my two kids don't touch or play with them . they ask me when they can get there own reptile they r 5 and 3 years old but they r good with pets they know they don't touch...
  3. NickGeee

SE nsw herping.

Headed up to Pambula in southern New South Wales for afew weeks in January. Behind many of the residential houses the area was cleared with many fallen logs. this made good habitat for many lizards, snakes and frogs. first reptile i flipped, not a bad start. Cryptophis nigrescens by...
  4. 007_lizards

Frog identification

Hi, I've recently returned from a trip just north of Newcastle and while away I found these frogs that I couldn't identify so I was wondering if anyone could. The first frog was common around the area, but the second was much smaller and was the only one we found that looked like that. I'm not...
  5. cheekabee

Recent Herping around Victoria

I went for a short trip to far east Gippsland and ticked off a few cool species of frogs and managed to get a couple shots of some cool reptiles. Untitled by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth Froglet (Geocrinia victoriana) by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth...
  6. AlexandreRoux

My stay in Brisbane city

9 days in Brisbane and I spend some time in some "wild" places so I've met some interesting guys ! I've visited (very quickly) the Mt Coot-tha botanical garden, a nice experience. Dwarf tree frog, Green Tree snake, Cane toad, Asian House gecko, Water dragons, some turtles and some water skinks...
  7. Vikingtimbo

Frog ID

Hi, I don't know anything about frogs so I just wanted to check the ID on this one. It was filmed in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs so presumably nothing too exotic! I've uploaded the footage for anyone who's interested: Tiger Snake Catching Frogs - YouTube Cheers, Tim
  8. NickGeee

Pambula / east gippsland Herping... ish

hello everybody... headed up with the family and a friend to Pambula beach, we hang around for two weeks. there isn't really much diversity as we stayed aroud the same place apart from when we had a look around Gippsland and Tilba Tilba. I am a pretty unexperienced photographer so I have just...
  9. clopo

2013 in review

Hi all, Its been a while since i have put a post up, so I will try and put everything from the year in one big post. There will be a few areas of Australia covered. I am still working in Mount Isa in North-west Queensland, however I am now living in Brisbane. This change has given me a...
  10. G

Encouraging a new visitor?

Hi all, New to the site, but a long-term snake + reptile lover. I just spent about half an hour watching a marsh snake in my front garden (about 40cm, so I'm thinking young adult?), before he went to hide under a bush. I'd love for him to stick around - especially as I don't want him going onto...
  11. cheekabee

Recent Herping pics

Just a few of my recent herping pics from around vic that I haven't posten on APS, ps some might be from last year. Snakes from around Melbourne Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr...
  12. richoman_3

Snakes and more c/vic herps!

Start with the crap snakes! Little Whip Snake (Parausta flagellum) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr False start! heres the ugly one! Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr A cooler Snake! Lowlands...
  13. HerpNthusiast

Striped Marsh Frog and Brown Tree Frog Living together.

Hi I will be getting Some Southern Brown Tree Frogs and I was wondering can striped marsh frogs live with them too and I will be feeding them every 3 days is this good for them too.
  14. Womagaunt

Can anyone help please? :)

Just trying to identify this frog i found in my backyard i live in the sutherland shire NSW cheers :)
  15. GeckPhotographer

A Quick Weekend Herp Again

So went herping on the weekend again. Just a few fairly common reptiles, photographed two of the little brown skinks because I needed better shots of them. Saiphos equalis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr Lampropholis delicata by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr Lampropholis delicata by Stephen...
  16. GeckPhotographer

A Quick Weekend Herp

Went for a quick herp up the hill on the weekend. Photographed some of the things I saw> Managed to photograph all three threatened species of Heath habitat frogs from the place I went to. Pseudophryne australis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr Litoria littlejohni by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr...
  17. Barrett

Frog ID

Hey guys and gals, need help identifying this poor little guy. He was on the side of the road, covered in ants, was barely alive and died shortly after. I'm in Pottsville (Northern Rivers), NSW. It's colours had a metallic shimmer to them and doesn't seem to be the same as the rocket frogs...
  18. M

Frog found in pool

Can anyone tell me what kind of frog this is? And if its poisonous??
  19. Tehmwak

The wildlife in and two steps out of my bedroom...

I took a walk to the power-meter a couple of hours ago... And took my camera for the ride. This little fella was on the roof inside my room. Just above the door. 1# I open my door to see... 2# /sigh I saw a little bit of movement off to my right; 3# YAY! Brown thing! My girlfriend decided...
  20. Levold

I'd these 2 frogs please.

What are these frogs? Thanks. Is one a spotted marsh frog? Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  21. Sezzzzzzzzz

Frog ID please!

I know nothing about Frogs, But we found this little guy in my mum and dads garden amongst the mulch as they were digging out their gardens. Any ideas what it is? Other than a frog? lol It was found at North Tamborine, Queensland.
  22. icedmice

Urgent froggy ID

I'm entering a photo contest and I've got a photo of a froggy that visited our garden I'd love to enter. But I want to make sure I've I.D.ed him correctly. This isn't the actual photo I'm entering, the photo was of his release. I'm in St Helens Park near Campbelltown NSW. Sorry I never...
  23. Womagaunt

Show us your EVERYTHING!!! :)

Post a pic of your pet reptile or amphibian and their enclosure with a brief description :p This is my 8 month old woma got him a few days ago very cute!!! :D
  24. J

Bearded dragons

I was wondering if you could keep pygmy bearded dragons with and eastern or central beardie, will they hurt eachother or will they just be normal ?
  25. saximus

Porphyriacus and Colleti Temps

Hey guys I'm just after some info from the black snake people on what sort of temps you keep these two species at? I haven't really had any luck finding care sheets and stuff for them. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers
  26. ssnakeboyy

backyard herping (Picture heavy)

so i went herping today and saw a few animals and would like an ID on every animal if you know cause i dont know any of them. :) except for the coastal. and the diy background ive done at the start.
  27. GeckoJosh

Frog ID

Hey guys, I found this little guy climbing a wall out the front of my house this evening (in Wyoming). I straight away thought it was a Striped Marsh Frog but then I saw the raised ridges along its back, I can't recall ever noticing those on a Marshy before so now I am not sure of its identity.
  28. V

Herping finds

So last night i took the chance to go herping to a spot close to where i live. My dad and i waited until it was dark when the frogs were readily calling. I heard the distinctive call of the Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria peronii) and managed to locate one on a tree. There was also another one we...
  29. Josh_p

I'd this frog please

This frog was at my work had a funny nose
  30. IgotFrogs

I have Tadpoles!!!! lol ....

I'm unsure what they are we live in Yass and unsure if anyone can ID them as yet ,,, the froggies set up a love shack in what is a disused pool at the moment ..... and there are 100's of the little things all different sizes
  31. Tassie97

New Rankinia diemensis

:D classic mnt drag basking position :) he is a cool lil fella
  32. IgotFrogs

Silly season CHRISTMAS!!!

well guys, i thought i might start this thread as a bit of fun and get people thinking about others not themself . Now that the Silly Season is upon us, i was wondering what would you dearly love to be able to give someone, why you would like to be able to give that gift, also a reason as to...
  33. viciousred

Morphlying/Tadpole help

So this is a shout out for help to more experienced frog keepers. So the story goes, my friend emptied her pond found that she had a bunch load of tadpoles and i stupidly offered to take them, turn them into frogs and take em back to her pond, soooo I'm keeping them in water 22c. I'm such a...
  34. Trouble

Frog ID please :)

Hey guys, Today my parents were pulling up some old timber sleepers in our gazeebo that went through the Jan floods. Mum found heaps of worms, a GTF (very skinny :( ) a toad, and these two frogs that I have no idea what they are :| Anyways, I was wondering, for the knowledgeable herpers out...
  35. gemrock2hot

Frog Id?

Hey this lil girl or guy found its way threw the garage and under our garage door into the house just wondering what kinda frog it is thanx
  36. gillsy

Feeding Keelback

Just a quick Keelback Vid, they're on alot of wish lists :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=TPthtFs0s6I
  37. ellysteaparty

Looking for a name and info on this frog...

Hello, thanks for looking in. I have had ponds set up for a few years now for wild green tree frogs to breed in. While they are still doing this I am finding there are far more other frogs laying eggs than the green ones. I have some pics but one sort is this guy. I live in the Sunshine Coast...
  38. lizardjasper

Frog Identification

Anyone know what these two frogs are? They were fished out of the pool yesterday. Both were only an inch1/2 long, if that...
  39. jordanmulder

frog id

hi guys, just wanted to be certain on the id on these frogs. so they are in order of marsh frog, broad palmed rocket frog, and eastern dwarf tree frog ? thanks for your help Jordan
  40. MontePython

Frog ID please

I had these blokes turn up in my emersed setup over winter around 20 or so tadpoles. I am in Newcastle, NSW if that helps with ident, they are about 25mm long. Also can they be sexed. They dont sing and as they are at my back door i think it is pretty cool to have them as neighbours. Pardon the...
  41. danieloflat

Frog ID???

found this little guy in my pond can anyone help?
  42. PeppersGirl

What frog is this?

This guy was found in a bucket of water, we haven't seen any like this around here and were wondering what he is... (cockatoo, victoria) Anyone know? :)
  43. G

What kind of froggy is this?

Hi all,. Found this critter out in our old pool (soon to be turned into lizard pit) Can anyone tell me what sort he is? I am located in Windsor/Richmond area NSW.
  44. gus11

Ravenshoe

i had to drive to Ravenshoe, on the atherton tablelands yesterday and had a quick look around in hope of tree kangaroos but unfortunately no luck. did see a few other animals though s. cornutus chameleon geckos common tree snakes forest dragons l. peroni prickly...
  45. gus11

chillagoe

This weekend i was invited caving in Chillagoe, about 2 hours west of cairns. thought it would be fun and of course there was the chance for some new herps. on the way north we had to release this 3m carpet python unfortunately the car broke down on the palmeston, so it took us 2 hours to...
  46. M

Recent herping pictures.

These are a few pictures from two nights of herping that myself and DanTheMan have done over the past week. Brown Tree Snake Boiga Irregularis We came across one of these on each night we went out both crossing the road. Coastal Carpet Python Morelia spilota mcdowelli We found one juvie...
  47. jaliceeee

Pet Cane Toad chaging colour

I recently got a pet cane toad, and lately he seems to be going green and looking sick. He doesn't really act sick at all, it's just his skin im worried about. Could he have a disease or just ajusting to the environment. I've given him sunlight, not too much as theyre light sensitive and he's...
  48. Kurto

The 'I know a guy / a friend of mine' thread!

I always get suspicious when people start anything off with a 'friend of mine has' or 'A guy I know has'! Um, how hard is it to remain anonymous on the internet!! I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but I see it all the time! Pfft.. why bother! *End rant*
  49. L

ID these frogs?

Hi, I went to my friends house and he said that he had got some 'Striped Marsh Frogs'. I looked at them and they look more like Peron's Tree frogs or something else. I would love if you guys could give us a hand trying to work out what they are!
  50. froggyboy86

New England Frogging

Hi all, Just thought I'd share some pics from this weekends frogging up in the New England region of NSW. Went mainly to photograph the Glandular Tree Frog (Litoria subglandulosa) which has declined across its range. Also found a few other frog species and several reptiles. Frog List...
Back