Enclosure build question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustTC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow scale lovers
I'm building a new enclosure for my spunky little childrens python, who is very quickly outgrowing his small tank. Usually we use the go-to pond sealant or tile pointing but this time i tried a product called 'liquid Sandstone". Im not too sure i made the right choice.
Its been airing for a few weeks now. Smells fine when its cold but when i heat it, it is still giving off a poopy/muddy smell.
I refuse to put him in while there's still odours. Has anyone else used 'liquid Sandstone' with success?
Im thinking that maybe i should grab a clear pond sealant and wack a couple of coats over the top.
Any opinions, please? Thanks in advance. TC. xxx

I've never used or heard of that 1 and I don't know if covering it with something else would work. But I certainly wouldn't use it if it is still gassing out , I think that might have been the thing that killed one of my pygmy banded pythons even though it didn't smell

I've never used or heard of that 1 and I don't know if covering it with something else would work. But I certainly wouldn't use it if it is still gassing out , I think that might have been the thing that killed one of my pygmy banded pythons even though it didn't smell
Thankyou so much. šŸŒ»

Im sorry to hear about losing one of your little guys. šŸ˜”

Im sorry to hear about losing one of your little guys. šŸ˜”
thanks , I'm sad to lose 1 of my favourites but the point is don't be too casual about putting critters in an enclosure too early, make sure they are finished gassing even if it takes weeks or months to ensure it is a healthy enclosure

thanks , I'm sad to lose 1 of my favourites but the point is don't be too casual about putting critters in an enclosure too early, make sure they are finished gassing even if it takes weeks or months to ensure it is a healthy enclosure
Absolutely... Thankyou. Thats the plan. Research, ask questions and wait as long as necessary. Appreciate your time. Cheers šŸ‘Œ

Latest posts

Back