Low night temps - jungle python - opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Jane

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what others do for wintertime temps. I know many people leave heat on overnight, and many don’t provide any heat at night. My jungle python is currently sitting at 16° at 12am tonight which is freaking me out, I’m looking into thermostats but haven’t gotten him a new one since his last one blew during summer. I do know that they’re generally used to that temp overnight in the wild - but that’s why I’m asking.

Any opinions are welcomed as well as explanations for those views!

A lot depends on your location, I'm in Sydney and none of our pythons get night heat (with the exception of hatchies). We have several Ants , a couple of Morelia and a couple of Boigas. In fact with over 40 reptiles inside, only the frillies get night heat in winter

A lot depends on your location, I'm in Sydney and none of our pythons get night heat (with the exception of hatchies). We have several Ants , a couple of Morelia and a couple of Boigas. In fact with over 40 reptiles inside, only the frillies get night heat in winter
I am in Gold Coast, QLD.

Latest posts

Back