frog eating snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
found this picture floating around the net so just thought id share it

snake%2B166.JPG

sorry I didnt realise the pic was going to be so big

Cool pic, what species is it? (the snake)

not sure but it looks like a white lipped from the back end, not sure if you guys het them up there or not. great pic though.

to me the snake looks like Hemiaspis signata marsh or swamp snake!
I think the pic may have been taken around Yamba

hehehe Ive been saying frogs Are friends NOT Food ..... Point proven lol

Last edited:
to me the snake looks like Hemiaspis signata marsh or swamp snake!
I think the pic may have been taken around Yamba

Is it possible to accurately ID it from that pic? I mainly use the "it kinda looks like that" method for id'ing stuff and thats what i was thinking too.

my guess is dendrelaphis punctulata, they often fall prey to their own prey when they decide they are hungry and want a big feed (frogs being one of these). there is a photo of one of these with a head in a frogs mouth and the frogs bottom lip in its mouth. i always wondered who won that fight :p

my guess is dendrelaphis punctulata, they often fall prey to their own prey when they decide they are hungry and want a big feed (frogs being one of these). there is a photo of one of these with a head in a frogs mouth and the frogs bottom lip in its mouth. i always wondered who won that fight :p

Thats awsome, "eat me, eat you, oh yeah says who?":)

I'm fairly sure it's the other way round - the snake is actually eating the frog - from the inside out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back