the correct cage size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simboni

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been sifting through care sheets looking for the correct cage size I will soon have to buy for my spotted python. I'm looking for the MINIMUM cage size I would be able to COMFORTABLY house the snake. Some sources have said 110-100cm (in length) , some have said 80-90 and a couple said 60. Now, obviously I want what will best suite my pet, but if I could get away with a 60 I would do it due to limited space and money. All sources suggest 45 deep by 45 tall.

Thoughts?

What state are you in- there are minimum sizing for vic, NSW and Qld and they are all different

What state are you in- there are minimum sizing for vic, NSW and Qld and they are all different

Vic doesn't have legislation regarding minimum cage requirements for indivdual snakes, only housed pairs - which is kind of bass ackwards...

Last edited:
Code of practice for the welfare of animals - private keeping of Reptiles (victoria) published by DPI 2003

Lots of people keep them in racks so height shouldn't be an issue as most racks are not tall at all.
I would suggest 90cm in length and 45cm deep would be perfect for a spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back