Juvenile Leatherback Beardie M or F? Pic attached.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
IMG1.jpg

Hi, just wondering if my 4 month old beardie is male or female? I am very unsure myself..
Is it still to still early to know? if so how old till it becomes prominent?
If someone has a better idea than me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James

He l;ooks to be male but its a little hard to tell.

If it is a male, you will see 2 lumps on either side of the underside of his tail just above his vent.

If female you will only see one lump in the middle of his tail above the vent. Will need a closer photo. Try make the next photo more detailed. Like lift his tail up a bit more to make the lumps more obvious and get closer and I might be able to see it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing with beardies is you don't have to probe them to be able to tell. :D

I'll second that , looks like a little boy to me too .

He's only young . Bet he's a hoot to interact with and handle.

Still post up a clearer picture like I mentioned earlier though. Just to be sure you know?

He is a cutie, and I see hes going through a shed. My beardie Roo shed one day and all that came off was his foot and nothing else. It was funny. Lovce these guys and they live for a pretty long time too provided proper care!

Still post up a clearer picture like I mentioned earlier though. Just to be sure you know?

He is a cutie, and I see hes going through a shed. My beardie Roo shed one day and all that came off was his foot and nothing else. It was funny. Lovce these guys and they live for a pretty long time too provided proper care!

pix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back