angle headed dragon eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah1526

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So ym angle headed dragon has just laid a clutch of 3 eggs.
Last year she laid 2, unfortunately the eggs began to grow mould and died. I think the reason was i didnt discover them for a couple weeks, and during that time i was constantly moving the substrate in the spot they were burried...

Anyway, this time i found them probably the day after they were laid. She put one on the surface, and 2 were burried 1-2 inches under the substrate.

Like last year, got some vermiculite, some water, 50/50 mix, takeaway container, carefully put the eggs in careful not to rotate them, closed the lid (this was yesterday).
Anyway, like last year i've noticed the eggs are not perfectly cylindrical, they have dents in them. Here's a photo of this year's so you can see the same dents. Not sure if that good or bad or normal. Also if you look closely you can see there are brown spots on the eggs where bits of substrate were stuck.

any advice pleasee?

DSC00747.jpg

Not sure about angle headed dragon eggs, but when python eggs dint to early its usually due to lack of humidity.. in which case i ad more moisture to the vermiculite mix....but as i said unsure of the requirements of angles..

well if thats the case i'd be very surprised coz i recently changed the substrate in the enclosure, and when i did i added waaaayyy too much water, and its very moist as a result... (i mean thats how i found them in the substrate)

Last edited:
Hey mate. They sorta look like they have been in the enclosure to long. Mine are have no dents in them and were takin out 30 mins after she layed. Try not to worry about the dents. If their fertile and you take care if them properly they will all still hatch.
Cheers
Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back