Anteater kills Zoo Keeper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. They rip into termite mounds that are hard as rock, so their curved claws are very strong and sharp (and long) and their forelegs are musclebound like a wrestler's.

Hix

they ain't your ordinary ant eater, they have very strong forelimbs with huge claws which they carve up termite mounds with, they are consided a very dangerous animal if cornered.

Its sad to hear that she died. I wander what will be done with the Animal. Something that is aggressive like that maybe should be put into a different area or something like that.

I was only watching Attenborough last week say how dangerous the claws are on them.

Not a different area, just more caution taken next time. Im sure an investigation will be done to see why the animal was provoked. They only attack when they feel threatened or similar. More caution will just be taken. Its a wild animal!

I was only watching Attenborough last week say how dangerous the claws are on them.

They must have missed that show... but seriously they should be aware of the risks of keeping the animal, if they wernt its completely their fault, i would nominate them for a darwin award.

thats insane! 3metre anteater. wow! what a strange way to go

As the report said, it may have been protecting it's young, it may have been in heat. If this was Australia, the USA/Canada or Europe then husbandry practices would be altered immediately to prevent a reoccurrence, euthanasing the animal would not be considered. But being Argentina, there's no telling what they'll do.

Incidentally, close to half of that three metres is tail.

:(

Hix

How...odd. Poor girl. Imagine having your abdomen ripped apart by a long nosed ant eater! :(

Wow, she must have done something to pee it off!!!! That would have been horrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back