anyone here owned a bengal cat??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leviathan

Reaction score
been researching into one and they seem like fascinating cats, an asian leopard cat crossed with a domestic feline. they have spots on them exacly like a leopard
i no a pretty well renowned cat breeder in australia so im hoping i can get one relatively cheap and find a good breeder, but was just wondering if anyone on this site has owned one/ knows a owner.
cheers guys
ps found a really niced bluey before when i was going for a walk :D

A couple of wildlife parks local to me have them and apart from being large they just look like cats to me.

i actually own 2 of them, they are highly intelligent for cats, one of my girls plays fetch, can open bifold doors (no matter which side shes on, open cupboards, pull on lever door handles to get into rooms, will jump in the shower when she feels like it, all round there close to being a dog, you can look them up on the net doing tricks to you can get some awsom patterns and the boys get HUGE girls stay small tho

nice this is what i was looking for! an owner, thanks for your reply, ive heard all of these things but wanted to hear it first hand.
what kind of colouring are yours? coz i see you can get marbled, brown spotted, sliver spotted and rosseted ones.
any chance of a pic:D

i have a brown rosetted/spotted (her rossets arnt full) and a sliver spotted girl. i dont have any pics atm there on my home computer. but ill try when i get home, but in all there great companions as long as u want a highly active cat, id probably get them as a pair unless ur home all day they like to stay busy all day

yer well initially i wanted a dog, but then stumbled across these guys, as im a cat and dog lover this breed seems like the perfect cross for me and yer i work 7.30-4.30, my gf is home a little more but i think getting a pair would be better for the cats well being.i better start saving my dollers coz from what i have found researching so far is that they are pricey 500-1000$

Best thing that I can recommend is to get in contact with a breeder and see if they are happy for you to visit. We recently got a Bengal kitten and she's been great. We did visit a couple of different breeders and saw about a dozen different Bengals. The females are smaller than I'd have expected given what I'd heard, I'd say only a small to medium cat. The males are a little larger, but still not what I'd call a huge cat.
I really like the patterns, particularly the Mink, though we got a brown spotted as that was what my partner wanted (and the reptiles are 'mine'). Ours doesn't seem to like water at all, which is a shame. She does get up to some mischief, but nothing destructive.
IMG_0838.jpg

thanks robo1 i will definatly do that ive found a couple pretty close to me so ill defs check em out.
wont be looking at getting one ( or two )for a few months tho as im moving in march. but time flys! so thought id get onto it now
p.s beautiful cat :)

Thanks. We found a local breeder who we visited a couple of times and was wonderful (we ended up getting ours from her), but we also visited one in Sydney who was also really great and happy to show us around.
The first time we visited we saw the kitten at 3 weeks old that we now have, which was really neat. The breeders that we visited didn't allow them to leave until they were 12 weeks old (we ended up visiting a lot in the last 2 weeks!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back