Away with the birdies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am really crook and have been pretty much housebound for the last month and a half. As it happened I bought a 150-500 lens just before I got crook sooooo I have it set up on the bacony and take lots of bird photos. Something I have never focussed on before. Pics are not great but I'm getting there.

DSC_0052_edited-1.jpgDSC_0044_edited-1.jpgDSC_0128_edited-1.jpgDSC_0118_edited-1.jpgDSC_0108_edited-1.jpgDSC_0083_edited-1.jpgDSC_0080_edited-1.jpgDSC_0076_edited-1.jpgDSC_0073_edited-1.jpgDSC_0021_edited-1.jpg

So I guess this is the silver lining on an otherwise dark situation, a new angle on one of my favourite hobbies.

We are lucky here no sparrows, starlings, mynahs or other feral birds, just the locals, some permanent, some migratory. This collection is all taken from my balcony. Looking forward to putting what I've learned into practice in the field!

Last edited:
Ha ha I'm smack bang in the city center of Darwin. We are on the top floor. Good for bird photos but no good in my state because there is no lift and a lot of stairs lol.

The sounds from all those birds at your house would be amazing to hear!

The sounds from all those birds at your house would be amazing to hear!

Every now and then a mixed bag of birds will come and "mob" our snakes (who live on the balcony), shrieking and dancing about. The snakes find it all very interesting but cant hear any of the noise ha ha.

On one side of our place is the main street of Darwin, noisy, busy, people and cars everywhere. On the other side the balcony is looking over the last bit of bush in Darwin. Just the sound of the birds and sometimes Countrymen singing with dij and clapsticks if they're camping in there. Very nice!

Last edited:
Awesome photos. Can't wait to get a 300mm + lens to take some nice long distance shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back