Baby Bearded Dragon Burrowing? HELP!e

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
I had a previous thread on my baby who would not stop burrowing. After a lot of advice I put my baby in a different enclosure with newspaper as a substrate rather than bark or sand. It was also thought that the uvb globe was not as good as the tube which I replaced and he is now alone. Despite this he continues to burrow under the newspaper. It is very strange as he will burrow a full day, days on end. I know my temps and set ups are good because I am raising another baby who is the complete opposite. He is full of life, growing very large and fast and eats all food including vegies. Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks

How is his eating? Have you tried taking all substrate out of the enclosure and just put a branch or something he can climb on in?

He only has newspaper on the bottom, I can remove that as well if that would be better. Every morning I pull him out and feed him. He then runs under again. He has a hide and branch nice and simple.

& although you said your temps etc are correct, what are they? cool end & basking spot.

How long have you had it for, & how old? Have you tried maybe covering the enclosure to make it feel safer?

maybe put the substrate back in. he sounds stressed by his environment. also lots of branches and logs always help

I have had him for 2 months now and he is around that old. the new enclosure I have put him in, is in my garage (more quiet). I believe that he started due to being kept with his brother. I was always going to separate them but as they were only young I was waiting to they were older although he started burrowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back