Bearded Dragon, When will he shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repti

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Our new friend, Frankie, that we got on Thursday has been settling in well as you can see from the photos in the other post I made. He is just under 4 weeks old. I have been spraying him with water twice a day, just enough for him to look wet all over. When should I expect him to shed? And how often? When he does, do I need to spray him more or just keep an eye on him? Anything I should look out for? He doesn't have a water bowl in his tank, Hence me spraying him 2 x a day.

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks! :)

They first start shedding about 5wks old.....so it wont be long now. As for how long & how often......my baby just took about 2wks from start to finish, but it varies a bit, same as how often, depends on growth rate etc. When he starts shedding, warm, shallow baths are a big help as they are very itchy & at times cranky. I would also put a water bowl in for him to bath in himself if he wishes too.....plus, its always good to have a water bowl anyway, you may not see them drink out of it all, but they will learn. Keep misting daily though to keep them hydrated.

Oh, & even though it looks very uncomfortable for them with bits of skin hanging off all over the place.....DONT pull at it!

mine have never drank out of a bowl,i've kept them 4 over 10yrs.i mist there vegies daily and bath once a week

mine have never drank out of a bowl,i've kept them 4 over 10yrs.i mist there vegies daily and bath once a week

I did also say keep misting......but a water bowl isnt going to do any harm! Muppet is my first beardie, & is 2mnths old now, but not only have i seen him drink while in the bath, i have seen him drink from his waterbowl on a number of occasions......so it is possible, even if not common! :)

Just to prove they DO drink (albeit occasionally!) from a still water source...

Attachments

• 23012009.jpg
    23012009.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 72
mine like to do number 2's in their water bowls , probly *99% of their required water * would come from the vegies and salad anyways

*statatistics shown may not be accurate, data provided by maddog survey ltd

Just to prove they DO drink (albeit occasionally!) from a still water source...

That's so cute! :)Next time I pay a trip to the reptile shop, I'll pick up another bowl and use that one for water. I've heard that it's very rare for them to drink still water, but obviously they do, and like Bel711 said - It can't hurt!

*statatistics shown may not be accurate, data provided by maddog survey ltd

haha :)

mine like to do number 2's in their water bowls

LOL Muppet just done this for the first time the other day......funny thing was, that same day, Matilda (bredli) decided to do the same thing! It made for easier cleaning though i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back