Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannine

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
who else's BD sleeps like a cat? currently is curled up with the tip of her tail against the tip of her nose :lol:

DSCF0002-1-1.jpg

I have one that does it. I also have a Blotched Bluey that does it's best to resemble a snake. Looks kinda uncomfortable.

Hi Wally, yes well i was kind of thinking the same thing the first time i seen her do it, does look funny though

im guessing if it was uncomfortable then they wouldn't sleep that way

Ditto.

My male does it.. Always seems to have an arm bent oddly too, lol

Donna, my blotched bluey, sleeps like that all the time. if she isn't curled up, she is splayed over her basking rock with her head hanging over the edge. it scares me sometimes because her legs are oddly placed and she looks dead. bloody cute when they curl up though, hey?

Sorry to Hijack the thread a bit, has anyone else's beardies been real lazy lately? lol
My guys just on 11 months, slowed down eating and just lazes around.
Barely touches his greens now..
still has bowel moment, but not as much, ovbiously as not eating as much.

Was thinking possible brumation, but have tried to maintain the temps.

Any thoughts?

If it is brumation, should i encourage it along? perhaps lowering the light cycle, and the temps?

Cheers guys.

yep lloydy i would say brumation too

ivory has done the same thing, wont eat her vegies anymore but will eat crickets, mealworms and woodies

she heads to 'bed' around now yet is 'awake' around 3 or 4 in the morning, its a routine she seems to like

this is what i called her 'time warp' pose lol "its just a step to the right"

DSCF0008-3-1.jpg

Should i do anything about jeanine?

He hasnt touched his greens for about a week and a bit, i still offer it fresh everyday.

Woodies is on and off, hasnt eaten in the last 2 days tho.

He dosnt seem to sleep during the day, well not that i know of cause i am at work, but just seems to either hang out on his basking log or chilling on another branch somewhere mid tank.
I have noticed about 6pm he will go under his basking log and begin to turn in, but not sleeping till about and hour after the lughts go out.

Im not overly worried just yet, hes a big boy, wrighing 600g and 1.8ft in length.
He's just on 11 months and this is his first winter.

My partner was thinking it was jelousy as i recebtly bought a red phase off rick, but i dont think so lol.

He's still my big boy :)

nah im not doing much with ivory, i still offer her vegies now and then plus dandelions however she turns her nose up at them

im giving her mealworms to bulk up a bit as we are going away for three days next month so she should be ok while were gone and she is still awake during the day but heads to bed between 4 and 5 in the arvo and is awake around the same time in the morning, during the day her basking light is on and at night its her heat lamp (no light)

she is obviously happy and healthy and i also notice she only 'poos' every 3 days or so plus i give her about 30 mins sun every couple of days (weather permitting)

they are a worry indeed but they are use to taking it easy during the winter months so long as they are bulked up beforehand

yeah my beardies have been doing the same thing.
and awake in the day and going to hide under there rock at about 5-6pm.
and not eating as much as usual and being lazy.

going into brumation sounds good to even me but im already fat and lazy :lol:

Haha,
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah im not to overaly worried at the moment.
Its kinda reasuring that there are other beardies out there doing the same thing.
I think i might get some mealworms and see if he will eat them, try and fatten him up abit, that if he decides to eat them,lol.

Sorry to the OP for hicjaking the thread :p

hey no apology necessary

im always of the opinion if we dont ask we will never find out and ive asked plenty of questions myself in here

always best to ask rather then guess and there will always be someone around to answer

My guy has been in brumation for almost 8 weeks now (very early i know) but i havent touched the temp.... If he decides to start on his own I would leave the temps as they are.... Mine ate one day the next he was asleep and i saw him out and about for the first time (in 6 1/2 weeks) on saturday when he has had a good feed and gone back to bed...

Sorry to Hijack the thread a bit, has anyone else's beardies been real lazy lately? lol
My guys just on 11 months, slowed down eating and just lazes around.
Barely touches his greens now..
still has bowel moment, but not as much, ovbiously as not eating as much.

Was thinking possible brumation, but have tried to maintain the temps.

Any thoughts?

If it is brumation, should i encourage it along? perhaps lowering the light cycle, and the temps?

Cheers guys.

Here's one of mine.
Image0479.jpg
I'd like to add that I spent $20 on a nice hide for her, but this is where she chose to curl up...

lol Janie typical hey

just like kiddies, you buy them a pressie and half the time they get more enjoyment playing with the box it came in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back