Breeding Black&white diamond with black&yellow one ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoOrelia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello guyz,

As u might know, here in france we are noobies on these morelia spilota spilota (diamond python)
And i had a question :

all people here who breed them always has a couple from the same color (both white or both yellow)

But what would happen if a male black and white would breed with a female black&yellow (and vice-versa) ?
- some yellow, some white ? a mixed color very dark as sometimes i saw ? something unusual ??

I'am very concerned as i have a couple of both colors, my male white doesn't seems interested by the female (he is mature enough : 7yrs old) so i would like to introduce my yellow male.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge guyz

Last edited:
This would be a fairly common pairing, in the wild both pale & high-yellow occur in the same regions. I would say that you'll get a mix of yellows, pales and in-betweens in any clutch you produce, but you'll have to wait at least 12 months to really know how they'll turn out because Diamonds take quite a while to colour up fully, although you'll have a fair idea after 6-8 months.

Good luck :)

Jamie

ok,

i looked on the genetical tree of specimens i have, and from what i saw : babies diamond look like the same sex parents :
For instance when i bought my yellows: all the male looked like at 1year ll very similar to the dad, and female to the mother...

That freakin surprised me, did you notice the same ?

this diamond was bred from a black and white female and a high yellow male he is the same exact colour as his mother

Attachments

• jewel 2012 010.jpg
    jewel 2012 010.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 99
thanks , i'll see what it will done, but my adult female is so sensitive to cold weather, gonna be hard to breed her. Finger crossed

ALso guyz i though i asked the question but can't find the post (i'am strating to get old ? alresy...)

I wanted to know your advice on what i saw on some european breeders :

The babies look like the parents from the same sexe, that mean a baby male will look like the father...
Also i found that it look like the parent from the other sexe on some clutch so what do u think

1 - yes babies look like from parents of the same sexe
2 - A baby will look like the father or mother, doesn't matter the sexe
3 - It's just coincidence, they a lot of them can look like totally different

Thanks for your knowledge sharing guyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back