Cat declawing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is it allowed in any Australian states and territories?

Is it ethical, anyway? Arguments for or against?

i cut my cats nails, i dont know if its ethical but it stops her running up the curtains :)
also i must say she is an indoor cat only, so she has no real need for them, but each to their own.

Well last i heard you "can" de-claw your cat through your vet.

However cats use claws same as we need fingers to grip, climb etc. You can try trimming them , but otherwise not sure what to do.

At times i can swear i could declaw the little ***er myself when he rips up my hand made lounge-room carpets, so annoying and destroys expensive items. lol

just feed all cats to scrubbies who cares about ethical if you live were i am theres no cats i wonder why : if i only had a croc

Sorry, perhaps I should clarify? Declawing is removing the nail entirely so that it will not grow back, as opposed to trimming a cat's nails, which most cat owners probably do....

I was just wondering if people consider it to be okay, or unethical, because it disallows the cat's natural instincts to claw, climb, grip, hunt etc...

I personally think people who wish to do these sorts of awful abuses to animals shouldnt have access to keeping them. Such people essentially believe that animals exist merely for human pleasure.

If you dont like the idea of a cat scratching, dont get one!

Tail docking and ear cropping in dogs and sheep (well, not the ear cropping, obviously) is still widely accepted... same same?

We also breed captive mice, rats, cats, dogs to live in forms/morphs/breeds that are for purely aesthetic looks because WE like them that way, but would actually hinder their survival in the wild, and even their survival rates in captivity.... is declawing any crueler than these things that ARE considered acceptable?

I am closing this thread.....another one that will end in fights and nastiness. I wish members would understand this before they start these type of threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back