DIY melamine anthracite 4 x 2 x 2 enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tit4n

Reaction score
Hello team,

Just thought id post this up for those who are thinking about building it themselves.

This enclosure is made from 18 & 25 thick melamine, which was cut in a factory and ABS edge sealed to ensure maximum water-proofing. Screws used are 75mm powdercoated to match the anthracite colour.

Sketch:
(The initial idea was to put some doors to the bottom of the enclosure and use it as storage). However left that idea in the end as it would be more suited for a second enclosure space instead.

18lmqd.jpg

Once panels have arrived from factory i began the installation:
15h1x1g.jpg

Making openings for vents:
1ovnh3.jpg

Under the middle dividing floor i have installed supporting braces to make sure the enclosire will be sag and warp free for the rest of its life. (Note: I have build this a year ago and its still spot on bow-free)
2eojic3.jpg

Here you can see the stopper for the top lid, as well as the glass track (Which was moved onto the ledge to avoid any sand or dirt getting stuck.
2j0xo3a.jpg

Mid-lid and extra heavy duty hinges installed. (Hinges are rated at 150 kgs per hinge, so you know they will never spoil the party).
2lsi9nq.jpg

Fitting for UVB fitted onto mid lid:
5kr7dx.jpg

Top lid fitted as you can see, forming a cavity which will hide wiring and allow for additional air escape.
vqjexd.jpg

Taking shape. (Note all the white glue marks etc is easy to clean and will be done after its all complete).
2g***mc.jpg

Digital thermostat installed into top lid:
2ahbkmw.jpg

Wiring done, adjustable air ports installed, electrician certified:
2e3pg0n.jpg

99% Done in this pic.
2a60a3p.jpg

Since then the enclosure has had the vents installed from both side and is currently holding sand.

The rock wall DIY can be found HERE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back