EASTERN WATER DRAGON..Only young,around 11inches.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soundfix

Reaction score
Hi, my water dragon escaped from his enclosure and it was suspected he may of had a confrontation with the cat.I found him, 2 weeks later in my room.He looked ok, but was short a few inches of tail! i put him back in the tank,to his place-got the lid fixed.
There is a little sinue(approx .3mm) possibly bone at the end of the tail, but otherwise not bothering him.presuming the cat had got him until about ugh about a week after that when i as cleaning his tank, i found the missing bit of tail!
Ive heard a dragon will wear his body parts down if uncomfortable, anyone know of them being able to 'snap' off a bit of tail?- And is it neccesary to treat to broken bit?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• water pose 005.jpg
    water pose 005.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 132
Id dab a bit of Betadine on it and monitor it, my herp vet has told me in the past that letting scabs form is not the best thing to do and to keep the site clean, but I am not expert and it was a missing finger on a beardie that he was referring to.

Good luck Gex

Thanks geckoman. yer, unfortunatelty, it gets wasted, as any applicant washes of into his water, and that couldnt be a good thing.He spends alot of time in the water, and it always seems to be moist. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back