fish help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beney_boy

Reaction score
hi all. ive got a 3 1/2 ft long finned eel that was given to me a few months ago. i have a problem though, at the moment i have my eastern water dragons in a 4x2x2 melamine enclosure and they are quickly out-growing it and i need the 6ft tank the eel is in for them. i was wondering if aquarium shops would take him off my hands or would i have to try sell/free to good home to someone.

depending on the generosity of the store 20-50bucks id imagine. they will put 100% plus mark up on it, so it varies from store to store.

cheers smithy.

Many people after large eels? they are pretty common and easy to find???
not too sure actually. i got him and a 6x2x2 tank for free from a guy at my mum's work. he said if i ever want to get rid of it, just throw it in a river, but that would totally upset the eco-balance as he is from QLD(btw im in VIC). ive never seen any this big in a pet shop, though apparently up north they are not often caught either so who knows. all he does is sleep and hide in his PVC pipe. makes me sometimes wish i only took the tank and not the eel. REALLY want to set it up for my EWD and my eastern long necked turtles.

yeah they are common and are easily caught here in qld. i have one hes around the 1500mm mark, pretty big...... a cool pet though comes up for food etc.
so im not sure wat the market is like down there but up here they arn't worth a great deal but they still sell.

yeah they are common and are easily caught here in qld. i have one hes around the 1500mm mark, pretty big...... a cool pet though comes up for food etc.
so im not sure wat the market is like down there but up here they arn't worth a great deal but they still sell.
oh ok. ill probably just give a few pet/aquarium shops a call and see what they reckon, all i can do is ask, and the worst they can say is "no" so i may as well try. really want to make the tank beautiful for my dragons and turtles. know a guy who keeps his both in the same tank, so i wanna give mine a shot.
cheers, ben

As someone who works in an aquarium store and previously ran one, you'll probably find they'll take it for free but likely wont pay you for it. Large fish like that are very hard to sell and will probably sit in the store for a long time, costing the owner money every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back