Footy mosaics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
Here's a couple of mosaics that I finished this week. The wests tigers one is made from vitreous glass and was very fiddly. The Warriors one is ceramic tile and was much simpler to do.

Attachments

• 2007_0212Image0008.jpg
    2007_0212Image0008.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 2007_0212Image0006.jpg
    2007_0212Image0006.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2007_0212Image0015.jpg
    2007_0212Image0015.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2007_0212Image0017.jpg
    2007_0212Image0017.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 47
Wow! They look awesome Greebo. Mosaicing (is that even a word? lol) is something I've always wanted to try!

Are you going to sell them or would you take orders for others and if so how much??? Geez we're an opportunistic bunch aren't we... ;)
Excellent Job mate!!!

Last edited:
they are awesome! well done mate, look great!!!

thought of doing a bredli one? and an MD one? heheheh any reptiles for that matter! :D

I am working on a Green Tree Python at the moment. I had to put it on the back burner while I made those footy ones.
The tigers one I sold for $150. It was very fiddly and took a lot longer. The warriors one was a lot easier and less colours and I sold it for $80.
This wasn't meant to be a for sale ad but I will take orders. A Bronco's one would be mid-range around $120 (I just have to make sure I can get that purple colour). The cost varies depending on the colours and the intricacy of the design.
*note- I will swap for herps!*

Something like the image below? How big would you want it?

Attachments

• 250px-Saint_Kilda_Football_Club_logo.png
    250px-Saint_Kilda_Football_Club_logo.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 49
They're great! I have done sone moisaicing too. Those glass tiles are a pain! How did you cut them?

They're great! I have done sone moisaicing too. Those glass tiles are a pain! How did you cut them?

I just use handcutters like below, mostly the side cutters. It's a bugger when the tiles splinter though.

Attachments

• atile cutter.jpg
    atile cutter.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 43
Thats what I had, It gave me the poos! Thought maybe there was an easier way. They look so great though!

This is my biggest piece so far. It is 150cm X 80cm. It took me ages but I think it came out really well.

Attachments

• spitfiremosaic.jpg
    spitfiremosaic.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 23
Wow, that looks fantastic too Greebo.

Out of curiosity, how much did it roughly cost you to get set up with all the tools, etc, that you need?

Greebo, they are awesome! Do you free hand the designs or trace them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back