frog ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
There's heaps of these little fellas in the waterfalls in the West Arnhem escarpment. Tiny little things, that's my pinky finger for size comparison.

P1280264.jpg

P1280263.jpg

P1280265.jpg

P1280269.jpg

And does anyone have a reccomendation on a frog feild giuide?

litoria meiriana "rockhole frog" sometimes called "jesus frog"

Frogs of the Northern Territory by Michael J Tyler and Margaret Davies
ISBN 0 7245 0820 1
Conservation Commission NT 1986

males 16-20mm females 18-21mm but I have seen some up to 25mm in the Depot Creek sandstone west of Pine Creek, maybe a local variation.

Taddies brown and about 26mm.

Cant confuse them with other litoria really, they are diurnal and can hop across the surface of the water.

We also found Uperoleia arenicola during surveys at Depot Creek. At that stage they were only recorded from the Arnhem escarpment.

The book is probably out of print. Under Bill Freeland CCNT stopped producing heaps of really good field guides to NT plants and animals. I'm just glad I've held onto mine (tattered and watermarked but utterly functional!)

Sorry bro, that's my frog book for up here. Try contacting NTPWS direct. One of my workmates got a box full of "plants of the monsoon forest" which is out of print also and was sitting around in a corner somewhere. We distributed them to the Ranger groups. You could get lucky. Or try the NT museum, they seem to have natural history publications long after everyone else has stopped stocking them.
Good luck!

Would you beleive the NT gov has just made a flash new website for all depts and for the life of me i cannot find their list of publications anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back