Front Row Seats To Massive Adelaide Fire

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreliaMatt

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
News Article Here:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21565154-5006301,00.html

At work today just before 1pm we heard massive bangs! didnt take much notice of it untill we went out the front!
We got upstairs and got some photos out the window of the second floor of our building.....

was huge! about 3 dozen massive bangs and fireballs flying out over the first hour or so!

pretty scary!

our building then filled with smoke and really bad fumes! and of course we had to work thorough it! SO NOT IMPRESSED!
sitting here with a really big headache!!! so not happy!

but anyway, here is a few pics i got.... only on the camera phone, so theyre not the best.....

Fire01.jpg

Fire02.jpg

Fire03.jpg

Fire04.jpg

Fire05.jpg

Fire06.jpg

Fire07.jpg

Fire08.jpg

WOW!!! Not good!!! What was the cause of the explosions?

yeah not sure yet, noone could tell us as they hadnt been in the building yet! they were still stablilising the scene when i left at 4pm..... will try to find out tomorrow!

I could see the flames and smoke from my surgery window, and I am at Morphetville!!:shock:

when i got to work this morning i hadnt been there long and the fireys had to come back because it was smouldering again!

they had trucks and front end loaders clearing out alot of the crap all day.... with the fireys on and off as they kept disturbing things with the front end loader the hot ashes underneath would become exposed and start smouldering... so they had to keep hoseing it down.....

bit of a mess i must say!

jeez working with that stuff and breathing it in could lead to health problems........i would be extra carefull about your health over the next few weeks and if anything crops up thats a bit weird go to the doc.
A headache is saying to you get out!

i know, it didnt go away til 10am this morning!!! went to the docs last night, she said if anything pops up to come back... she has it on record now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back