Making a display themed enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon17

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's as the title say's I'm looking to make my own 'themed' display for my enclosure, tho I've never done anything like this before. Any tip's on how to make a brilliant theme??

There's one theme that I came across but the used spray foam, wire mesh, fibreglass,epoxy, etc. Think that way to much for me to try and do! lol

So I still want to this theme but using a different method any ideas or pointers etc are more than welcome to help do this.

P.s if anybody as a cool themed enclosure could you post pic's up so I can see for ideas and that?

Cheers guy's

An Egyptian theme could be nice - easy enough to use sand, a plastic pyramid for a hide (any toy or novelty shop), some artificial reeds and palms and simply a desert-themed background sheet from any aquarium/reptile store.

No lol, I was replying to TheReptileBen :) would be amusing though

There's info on here somewhere on making backgrounds from polystyrene covered with grout or cement.
This is the way i did my enclosure, and it looks great.
It was fairly easy to do (but messy), and made a durable, realistic looking stone wall.

Attachments

• 01112012329.jpg
    01112012329.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Zoological Fabrication

Thats the link to the site I came across for there python enclosure, and its sumthing like this i wanna do for my carpet or Boa. That link takes you straight to the one I'm talking bout, take a look.

Yeah the other method I was thinking of doing to try and copy, would be to use styrofoam, grout method. :)

Hi Simon , think of something you'd like to look at- your snake won't care as long as it has somewhere warm, somewhere to hide and somewhere to hang out! Then search that scene on google. Then check the DIY Group (not the DIY forum section) and all the instructions there under 'foam work for all' discussion.
Yes the are some threads here with instructions too IF you can find them :) but there are great ideas for themes floating through the DIY section if the forum too, you may need to change the setting at the bottom of the page to show 'since beginning' as we now have so many threads here.
Good luck and keep us posted:)

Cheer's Jaxrtfm, just joined the diy group and so far just on it i'm impressed!! :) Cheers for the advice and will be sure to be on that alot! lol

Glad you found it useful:) We have over 600 members now but not too many people input ideas so if you care to add something the be my guest :) you won't always get a rapid response like you can on the main forum. But it's a great place for putting instructions /ideas/ and mistakes so they don't get buried on the main site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back