Militaria?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKeeper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone here collect militaria?

I am starting to collect, So far I have:

My brothers Dog Tags,
4 WWII era training manuals (restricted to people in the army)
A WWII era ammunition case from Broken Hill ammunition factory, it is a huge wooden crate,
And just last night I bought a Vietnam War Service Medal on eBay from America.

Anyone else collect? I am going to collect medals (they will all eventually go to the RSL) Anyone know some common medals for me to start with?

i have a brittish Fairbairn Sykes dagger
a German WWII Trench Knife
and 2 Russian millitary knives, one is tanto point and the other is a spear point

just need a Jap dagger or knife and a Gerber MK2 when i have a few hundred dollers

Here is a pic of the medal I am getting, It is common so it was cheap.

It comes with original box and ribbon.

I would love a Vietnam Dagger or Bayonet, Or some trench art.

Attachments

• 256e_1.JPG
    256e_1.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2505_1_b.JPG
    2505_1_b.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 26
the gerber MK2 is what was used in nam.. they for for around $700+ depending on when they were made (every single one has a serial number)

SOG made on which was close to the MK2 they called it the Daggert and they dont even make them anymore

I have found that if you buy from eBay America, it ends up costing less than Australia, although postage costs more, because there are more things in America they cost less.

Like reptile things, a Cricket Feeder rock on eBay Austrlia is about $25 with $5 postage in America one went for $5.30 with $10 Postage to Australia... So much better.

The medal I bought is only $2.50 postage from Hawaii and it takes under 10 days.

I have picked up some great militaria items on ebay, you just have to look and look in all categories, some people have no idea what they have and list in obscure categories, you then pick them up for next to nothing.

also got some brand spanken new SPETSNAZ dog tags for like $4 a set

I've been checking ebay for a couple of pattern07 bayonets for my MKIII* 303 and WW1 or WW2 Australian/British steel helmets. I want to make a big plague with them. Just haven't found any within my price range yet.

Once I get these then I'm going to start collecting other bayonets and helmets from both world wars.

There is heaps of stuff on ebay which are just interesting to look at.

Happy hunting.

ive got an old Howitzer shell that came from an rsl, not sure where it came from, dont have much interest, my grandpa lent it to them but he gave it to me when he died... Im too lazy to shine it or anything, it sits in my cupboard...

the gerber MK2 is what was used in nam..

Who used them?

I dont really have much myself apart from a few bags, belts etc. but I was going to get a tank crew/officers version of the steyr f88, then i realised i was about $5000 short of being able to afford it :(
I also like the some of the russian stuff but its such a hassle with all the stupid laws they have now.

I am a member of the light horse bigade and the outfits for the horse and riders are super expensive.We just did the parade for the Great Horse Ride at Kilkivan last weekend and will be riding on Anzac day next week.Heres pic taken on the weekend but we didnt carry the rifle or sword just the bayonet.My hat alone cost over $100 undressed thankfully the squad helps with cost.Unfortunatly the uniform is not very flattering but I suppose it was originally made for men.

Attachments

• kilkivan parade.JPG
    kilkivan parade.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 50
Our family used to own a Japanese Officers Sword from WWII. We sent it back to Japan a few years ago as it just freaked my mum out to much. The place it was sent to sent us a pallet of Japenese items as a thankyou. I think that included like 28 bottle of Sake.

BLOODY HELL.. i woudl hav e gotten that gunto from you Hsut..

and the gerber MKII the american special forces used them as well as some military that chose them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back